Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 01:11 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
He should know how to run a good campaign. He's had plenty of practice considering that's about all he's done since 1995.

1996 - elected to IL State Senate
1998 - re-elected to IL State Senate
2000 - Unsuccessfully ran for Congress
2002 - re-elected to IL State Senate
2005 - Elected to US Senate
2006 - Started running for President

Meanwhile, Hillary has run two campaigns of her own
2000 - Elected to US Senate
2006 - Re-elected to US senate
2007 - Started running for President

So he's run 6 campaigns to her 3

He should be running the better campaign. HE HAS MORE EXPERIENCE CAMPAIGNING!
Clinton's fear mongering ad claims that she is, “tested and ready to lead in a dangerous world.”

Well I've got one question, when has Hillary Clinton ever been tested in a crisis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 01:30 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Clinton's fear mongering ad claims that she is, “tested and ready to lead in a dangerous world.”

Well I've got one question, when has Hillary Clinton ever been tested in a crisis?
You forgot the blue dress? If you ask me, that was a crisis. And it sent this country into a Constitutional crisis.

Name one public crisis Obama has faced.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
You forgot the blue dress? If you ask me, that was a crisis. And it sent this country into a Constitutional crisis.
You are joking aren't you?

That's her big experience, dealing with her husband getting a BJ? LOL

Old 03-01-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
You are joking aren't you?

That's her big experience, dealing with her husband getting a BJ? LOL
And dealing with her husband getting impeached. You seem to forget that all of this happened "in public" -- it's not like her husband was getting private BJs. The whole US got to see/hear more than we wanted to.

Of all the politicians that have been bounced out of office for sex scandals, only Clinton was impeached on National TV.

I think that's a pretty big "crisis."

So, what has Obama faced as a crisis? Name his biggest crisis.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:10 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
He should know how to run a good campaign. He's had plenty of practice considering that's about all he's done since 1995.

1996 - elected to IL State Senate
1998 - re-elected to IL State Senate
2000 - Unsuccessfully ran for Congress
2002 - re-elected to IL State Senate
2005 - Elected to US Senate
2006 - Started running for President

Meanwhile, Hillary has run two campaigns of her own
2000 - Elected to US Senate
2006 - Re-elected to US senate
2007 - Started running for President

So he's run 6 campaigns to her 3

He should be running the better campaign. HE HAS MORE EXPERIENCE CAMPAIGNING!
Dang, no kidding! He's never long off the campaign trail, is he? So, if he actually wins the presidency and there's nothing to run for after that, what will he do? Is that why he's claiming he will "change the world," hoping he can run for Supreme World Potentate in the future?

Old 03-01-2008, 02:12 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,024 times
Quote:
Seems to me that history has shown Obama's judgement in opposing the war to be 100% correct. Amid all the fear mongering, Obama was cool and put things in their proper context:
History has shown this? It may seem to you but that does not make it so.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
And dealing with her husband getting impeached. You seem to forget that all of this happened "in public" -- it's not like her husband was getting private BJs. The whole US got to see/hear more than we wanted to.

Of all the politicians that have been bounced out of office for sex scandals, only Clinton was impeached on National TV.

I think that's a pretty big "crisis."

So, what has Obama faced as a crisis? Name his biggest crisis.
So, being the wife of a president, no matter what the circumstances, is tantamount to dealing with and making critical decisions during a crisis. Not to me it isn't.

Is Laura Bush experienced enough to be president also? She's gone through a lot with her husband such as 9/11, the Iraq war etc.

I've never claimed Obama was in a crisis. It's you and the Clinton supporters that like to tout her illusive "experience." So let me ask again, being more specific- As an elected official, when if ever has Hillary Clinton dealt with a crisis?

Old 03-01-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
So, being the wife of a president, no matter what the circumstances, is tantamount to dealing with and making critical decisions during a crisis. Not to me it isn't.

Is Laura Bush experienced enough to be president also? She's gone through a lot with her husband such as 9/11, the Iraq war etc.

I've never claimed Obama was in a crisis. It's you and the Clinton supporters that like to tout her illusive "experience." So let me ask again, being more specific- As an elected official, when if ever has Hillary Clinton dealt with a crisis?
9/11? She was a New York Senator. What about the guy with the bomb in her New Hampshire campaign office? And just recently she had a policeman in her motorcade die.

Again, what crisis has Obama ever faced. You say he has good judgment, yet when has his "good judgment" ever been critical? He didn't have to vote on the war, so that doesn't count. In what crisis has he shown good judgment?

I still think the Impeachment, the blue dress, and being married to Bill Clinton at the time, was the biggest crisis Hillary has ever faced. It would have been so easy for her to walk out of the marriage -- and she had every reason to do that -- but she didn't. Hillary is a fighter. She's tenacious.

Obama is a job-hopper. You can see it on his resume. He barely gets into one job when he's already looking for the next job. He doesn't stick around long enough to do the dirty work.

Is Laura Bush planning to run for the Senate once she leaves the White House? Maybe, after she's put in some years in the Senate, she might be ready to run for President too.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:21 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,984,317 times
Quote:
Why is it that no reporters even question Obama's "judgment"?

Was he against the war because he somehow knew that Saddam had no WMD despite what intelligence reports said? Or was he against the war even if Saddam had WMD?

I think it's important that someone ask him -- particularly now, because he is running on "good judgment," not experience.
What good is so-called experience if you make the wrong judgment? Especially if you are thinking about what is best for you politically instead of the important issue at hand. He who hesitates is lost. Sometimes common sense is smarter. Duh.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:22 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
I thought Hillary's ad was going to be a McCain ad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections