Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 09:22 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,181 times

Advertisements

Im just having fun with the names, the point stands refute it or move on.org

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 09:27 AM

Funny how nobody wants to address my point directly. He had no vote and therefore has no argument. While its difficult for Hillary to argue the reasons for her vote because she is a democrat McCain will destroy the young senator if he throws that nonsense up in hi face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
Made me laugh . . .

Old 03-01-2008, 09:31 AM

Oh and I will contribute more on the topic of this thread in a bit. My job was actually sent to Mexico and Canada in 2002 and I retrained using a NAFTA grant. I just couldnt help exposing one of the many holes in the young candidates platform.

He really doesnt have much to run on

Old 03-01-2008, 09:45 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post

For him to now claim he was against the war because he stuck his finger in the air and made a politically calculated speech is

BS
On the contrary, the politically expedient thing, at the time, would be to have supported the war. However, Obama, unlike Clinton, stood up for what was right. Here's an excerpt from a speech he gave in late 2002, remember at the time public opinion was strongly favoring an invasion.

Quote:
What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perles and Paul Wolfowitz and other arm-chair, weekend warriors in this Administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.
What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Roves to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone thru the worst month since the Great Depression
But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.
I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a US occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences.
I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the middle east, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of Al Queda.
I am not opposed to all wars. I’m opposed to dumb wars.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:48 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,683 times
Quote:
Oh and I will contribute more on the topic of this thread in a bit. My job was actually sent to Mexico and Canada in 2002 and I retrained using a NAFTA grant. I just couldnt help exposing one of the many holes in the young candidates platform.

We is giving people HOPE !

He makes them feeeeel gooooooood. He tells them everything they want to hear.

He gives hope to those who are weak, illegal, on welfare, helpless or of course have no moral values.

He gives hope to those who cannot dig themselves out of the hole they are in and blame Bush for their poor decisions.

He gives hope to the homeowners who signed a contract and want to be bailed out of it because they are too stupid to read the damn thing.

He gives hope to those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and are ready for a handout.

He is going to hold their hand until day 2 then drop them like a rock.

He lied on natioanl TV about NAFTA and his buddy Luis Farakan.

Don't worry his lies and deceit will be exposed in time.

He gives people like and millions of others hope that if you want a job you will have to move to Mexico where your factories will have be located under him.

He gives us hope that he is going to help us get out of Iraq, but in 2004 said the Al Queda is there and we need to stay until they are gone.

He gives us hope that when we go to bed at night you dont know if you will wake up or not because he has weaken our national defense beyond repair.

YES WE CAN, but he has forgot to tell us exactly what that means.

He gives hope to those who need someone to lean on because they are failures and he make them believe he will lift them up with hope and a handout.

He gives us hope that at the end of the day if he becomes President that we will be lucky to still have the American flag flowing at the WH.

He gives us hope that change is coming.

He give me hope that he doesnt win because he will change America and it will not be for the good of the country, it will be good for his hidden agenda.

Osama Obamba is for change and hope.

Meaning you wont have any change left in your pocket and he hopes the idiots of American will allow him to destroy America.

He is a huge mistake waiting to happen.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:52 AM

Politically expedient if he wanted to get conservative republican war mongers. Not so expedient if he was trying to build a left liberal base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
On the contrary, the politically expedient thing, at the time, would be to have supported the war. However, Obama, unlike Clinton, stood up for what was right. Here's an excerpt from a speech he gave in late 2002, remember at the time public opinion was strongly favoring an invasion.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:54 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
He appeals to dreamers that want things free but in the end are conning themselves because nothing is free ;especially his wish list.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:24 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,542,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastguy View Post
Well it's problem when his whole campaign is about ending the ways of washington but he is doing exactly the same....He is saying anything to get into the white house....

So?

I can hardly think of a candidate that wasn't willing to say whatever it took to be president.

Regan, Bush, Clinton, Bush- they all made statements that were false when running for office. It's part & parcel of politics. It's about smoke, mirrors & lies to a certain degree.

As Abe said so many years ago, "you can fool some of the people..."

Old 03-01-2008, 10:25 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I accuse Obama of having an affair with my wife.

Obama also has not responded to the accusations.

It must be true!!
It is true! Who told you about it? We've all just been sitting here on pins and needles wondering when you were going to figure it all out!

Old 03-01-2008, 10:29 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
He has his resume, which can be printed on the head of a pin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections