Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 10:28 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
They spend enough time vilifying the Koch brothers without knowing what they stand for.
Same thing as George Soros. Plutocracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 05:54 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Lessons are for learning. Democrats should have listened to and tried to understand the surprise trump vote and voters. Instead of listening, they are double downing on the insults and acting as if they and their view on life is superior. Huge mistake.
It just goes to show how immature and out of touch with reality they REALLY are!

Old 02-03-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What I find fascinating is the koch brothers opposing Trump. That should tell you something right there. And believe me those voters won't make the same mistake next time.
"What I find fascinating is the koch brothers opposing Trump."

Because many people like yourself ONLY BELIEVE what the left media has told you about them.

Instead of actually doing research on your own and finding out about them for yourself, you fell hook, line and sinker as they KNEW many like you did and still do.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Politics is poison now. Yes, the Republicans did it too when Obama was in office yet the Democrats have managed to make that feel like a sweet memory. It doesn't seem like it's even about difference in opinion or policy, it's about moral superiority and that's just not the case! People may respond to the former with well reasoned argument, but are repelled by the later because there is absolutely no ground to for them to stand on..
"Politics is poison now. Yes, the Republicans did it too when Obama was in office"

It goes all the way back to the Judge Bork nomination and John Tower, "Where do I go to get my reputation back" and Judge Clarence Thomas.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:22 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm
ahh the old boogyman for the democrats, the koch brothers. they are a non starter and always have been.

as for the voters in 2018 and 2020, who they vote for depends on how well trump is doing, and how well the economy is doing. if doing well, then trump and the republicans gain seats in the house and senate, and trump gets a second term. if not, then democrats have an opportunity to regain seats in congress, and perhaps win is 2020 as well, depending on who they put up against trump.

but right now the democrats are acting like a petulant 2 year old who wants mommy to make everything right with the world, but mommy is trying to make them stand up on their own and make their own way.

Quote:
[/b]

I have no idea why some of you degrade others. Does it make you feel better or something. The fact is, we all have a right to protest whether you like it or not. So your name calling just doesn't work. lol

Is it really that difficult for you to see the "Life isn't fair!" cries and mentality. the left/ Dems project?

It really is pathetic and reeks of a 7 year old's tantrum crying the all too familiar sobs of a child that can't stand the world not being perfect.

It is what it is.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:35 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
[/b]

I have no idea why some of you degrade others. Does it make you feel better or something. The fact is, we all have a right to protest whether you like it or not. So your name calling just doesn't work. lol

Have not seen much protest but I have seen an awful lot of criminal behavior, destruction, and assault.

I also have not seen the left speaking out against it at all.

Now's your opportunity to do so...........

Old 02-03-2017, 08:35 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Have not seen much protest but I have seen an awful lot of criminal behavior, destruction, and assault.

I also have not seen the left speaking out against it at all.

Now's your opportunity to do so...........
Your nightly news is my local news because I live in the DC area. The women's march was very peaceful. And this has been the biggest march ever. But there are anarchists who just love to make trouble. The mayor in DC condemned the violent protesters at the inauguration. Not sure what you want the left to do. Who do you want to speak out against this

Old 02-03-2017, 09:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Your nightly news is my local news because I live in the DC area. The women's march was very peaceful. And this has been the biggest march ever. But there are anarchists who just love to make trouble. The mayor in DC condemned the violent protesters at the inauguration. Not sure what you want the left to do. Who do you want to speak out against this
lets start with obama and clinton, and work our way down. it is the democrat leadership that needs to stand up and speak out against this stuff, but they would rather encourage it instead.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:30 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
lets start with obama and clinton, and work our way down. it is the democrat leadership that needs to stand up and speak out against this stuff, but they would rather encourage it instead.
But Obama and Hillary aren't the leadership anymore. So work your way down.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
What I find fascinating is the koch brothers opposing Trump. That should tell you something right there. And believe me those voters won't make the same mistake next time.

That alone, brought many Bernie Buds over to the Trump Train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections