Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:33 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Hillary said that she wont quit after Tuesday so Id expect this thing to go on til the North Carolina primary in May.
Of course a candidate will say that before the primary - to say otherwise might undermine some potential votes tomorrow - but the truth is, she probably won't make any decision until she sees how she does tomorrow. If she does OK (wins, or even loses but is not cremed) then she'll likely continue. If for some reason it turns out to be a blowout against her, then you may see a concession. We won't know until it happens.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 01:33 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
Obama wins Texas.
Hillary narrowly beats Obama in Ohio.
Obama wins Vermont.
Obama wins New Hampshire but not by a big margin.

It will be interesting to come back to these predictions to see who was right.
Hillary already won New Hampshire.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:05 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default March 4th Primaries...any predictions?

Texas: Obama narrowly

Ohio: Clinton narrowly

Vermont: Obama handily

RI: Clinton narrowly

Most delegates go to Obama, he stretches his lead. Hillary has to face up to elimination. She may be out by the end of the week.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:13 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,808 times
Quote:
Hillary said that she wont quit after Tuesday so Id expect this thing to go on til the North Carolina primary in May.
Barring big wins in Ohio/Texas her money will dry up and she will go away . . .

Old 03-03-2008, 02:28 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Your diatribe makes my point. If the situation were reversed, and a junior senator from the midwest had lost 11 straight contests; was hemorrhaging committed delegates daily; had to inject their own money into their campaign; was behind in the polls in a head-to-head race against the opposing party; and had a much higher disapproval rating WITHIN the party ...

Howard Dean, the DNC, and the rest of the "media" would have pulled the plug on that candidate long ago.

what according to you??
let it play out
what do you care if you are so sure your man is going to win??
looks like you would be thrilled about it
I will tell you Obama will NEVER see the inside of the White House unless he is a guest
McCain will eat him for lunch
and wink while he does it

Old 03-03-2008, 02:31 PM

775 posts, read 579,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Did you even READ the referenced rant from your side? The POINT IS that y'all want to take away the right for the rest of us to vote and to become engaged with the process. Y'all are whining because the race has gone this far and, horrors, the second most populous state in the country has an opportunity to be heard. What is it that makes y'all so afraid of people voting?
All I did was as you a question. It wasn't I who ranted. But your response reminds me of a typical Hillary response - sidestepping.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:33 PM

775 posts, read 579,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
what according to you??
let it play out
what do you care if you are so sure your man is going to win??
looks like you would be thrilled about it
I will tell you Obama will NEVER see the inside of the White House unless he is a guest
McCain will eat him for lunch
and wink while he does it
We'll be winking at you when McCain loses to Obama.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:34 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,998,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I agree.
He has momentum on his side.
Yep.

Interestingly, the Clinton campaign was claiming this morning that momentum is actually on their side, despite Obama's 11 straight wins!

No joke.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:52 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
My prediction is that the mainstream media will continue to work with HRC to move the goal posts, and she and they won't stop until she can somehow lose here way to the nomination. Just consider how we were all programmed to believe:

1. Hillary will show her dominance in Iowa. If she wins big there, the contest is virtually over;

Oops! Obama wins Iowa! . . .

2. New Hampshire made her the COMEBACK KID. Obama's victory in Iowa was an anomoly. We're back to Hillary being the inevitable candidate.

Oops! Obama wins South Carolina after taking on BOTH Clintons and their shameless racializing.

3. Hillary will end this race on Super Tuesday. Obama doesn't have what it takes to be a national candidate. He won't have enough time to gain familiarity and favor with 22 states in the span of a week.

Oops! Obama actually WINS MORE DELEGATES on Super Tuesday than Hillary. And, he's looking stronger in the February states.

4. Obama is favored in the February states, so he must win all of them. Clinton's firewalls are Maine, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Oops! Obama wins sweeps 11 straight by an AVERAGE of 33%.

5. "Meet me in TX!" "Meet me in Ohio!" Hillary MUST win TX and OH by large margins (20%) to catch up in delegates or this thing is over.

Oops! Obama closes the gaps. Effectively ending any talk of a Clinton landslide (which she needs to claim a comeback) . . .

6. Clinton excuses: it's the media's fault; it's harder for a woman than a man.

7. Clinton must win Texas or she's done (Bill Clinton);

8. Clinton must win EITHER TX or OH.

9. Obama must win all four (TX, OH, VT, RI) or that'll prove that he's not electable (I swear, I'm not making this up);

10. All Hillary has to do is win Ohio, because OH is a key swing state and this shows that she is more electable than Obama;

and now.....

11. By way of Morning Joe - Hillary should stay in the race EVEN IF SHE LOOSES EVERYTHING TOMORROW because a spirited campaign is good for democracy.

I am not kidding. The media actually went there. And let's not forget this gem;

Bonus: Clinton should ALWAYS stay in the race because we might find some dirt on Obama that is so bad that he'll have to drop out and the Party will have no choice but to choose Hillary.

Don't go to sleep, Obama supporters. The Clintons are desparate, diabolical, and they've still got money.
I don't like O or Hillary...so I just want the weaker one to win. I think the weaker one is Obama....still he has that rock star thing going for him, so that kind of throws everything in the air.

Anyway, I was watching Neil Cavuto the other night. He's a smart guy and he ran the numbers....meaning the delegate numbers. I think because the media is obsessed with O that your average Joe thinks he is WAYYYYY ahead. Not so. Ohio and Texas could pitch the numbers back Hillary's way.

I have no predictions, which is unusual because I am so opinionated. This has been the most interesting political drama I've ever seen or read about. Nothing would shock me at this point.

Pass the popcorn. Tomorrow is going to be exciting. Gives me a reason to live through this yuckey flu that has me bed ridden. Prayers appreciated and no I'm not kidding.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:57 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
I don't like O or Hillary...so I just want the weaker one to win. I think the weaker one is Obama....still he has that rock star thing going for him, so that kind of throws everything in the air.

Anyway, I was watching Neil Cavuto the other night. He's a smart guy and he ran the numbers....meaning the delegate numbers. I think because the media is obsessed with O that your average Joe thinks he is WAYYYYY ahead. Not so. Ohio and Texas could pitch the numbers back Hillary's way.

I have no predictions, which is unusual because I am so opinionated. This has been the most interesting political drama I've ever seen or read about. Nothing would shock me at this point.

Pass the popcorn. Tomorrow is going to be exciting. Gives me a reason to live through this yuckey flu that has me bed ridden. Prayers appreciated and no I'm not kidding.

This is an interesting assertion considering Obama's background as well as the considerable fuel Clinton's background would provide should she be the nominee. I like that you made a call; however.
The one big problem for Hillary and McCain is the amount of kindling they carry....one errant match.....
PS I'll pray for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections