U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 06:58 PM

78,233 posts, read 33,343,867 times

Advertisements

Buckley exits DNC chair race, backs Ellison - CNNPolitics.com

All is not lost yet.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:09 PM

12,780 posts, read 8,669,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
There were really four forces at work in the 2016 election.
  1. Trump and his supporters
  2. The Sanders wing of the left
  3. Establishment Republicans
  4. Establishment Democrats (Clinton/Pelosi)

The mainstream media continued to push the narrative that Hispanics, blacks and college educated white women would be the deciding factions in the election. Hindsight shows everyone that the deciding faction was the white working class. The only part of the media narrative that is plausible is the Hispanic effect. Blacks have not grown as a demographic and college educated white women have far less children than the white working class so it makes perfect sense that the media got this all wrong.

Trump captured the Republican nomination and pivoted his campaign to cater to the white working class. This resulted in a winning strategy as he conquered the blue wall of the lower northeast (PA) and upper Midwest (OH, MI and WI). Trump was the first person since Ronald Reagan to take the white working class from the DNC.

My predictions for the near future are (1) Trump continues to serve and cater to his 'new' base. (2) The Sanders wing of the left will try and succeed to take some of the white working class away from Trump. (3) Some of the Republican establishment will expand and try to cater to the Trump supporters. (4) The establishment Democrats will fade into oblivion. Don't think for a minute that the establishment Democrats can't die. It happened in the 1800s to the Federalist and Whig parties as society evolved and changed.
You gotta thank corporate America here for their gutting of the white working families from their work force in favor of importation of foreign workers. If this keeps happening as Corps keep backing dems to disrupt the anti-illegals movement. We'll see more anti-immigration candidates being voted in and more useless protests by Soros and co.

Mexicans are just a smokescreen the real illegals that are hurting America are foreigners being brought in by silicon valley and wall street to replace American workers.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:38 PM

4,061 posts, read 3,079,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
You gotta thank corporate America here for their gutting of the white working families from their work force in favor of importation of foreign workers. If this keeps happening as Corps keep backing dems to disrupt the anti-illegals movement. We'll see more anti-immigration candidates being voted in and more useless protests by Soros and co.

Mexicans are just a smokescreen the real illegals that are hurting America are foreigners being brought in by silicon valley and wall street to replace American workers.
I do not dispute your premise. The only thing I would say to you in response is that the worst culprits are not necessarily American corporations. Companies headquartered in all countries are doing this. My employer is German-owned. Our support staff in the US was laid off and we now rely on people in southeast Asia and Mexico. Global companies headquartered in Europe are just as bad if not worse than American companies in this regard.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:35 AM

Personally I'm not completely sold on Ellison but he's far better than Perez.

Ellison holds edge in DNC race

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...ge-in-dnc-race

Old 02-22-2017, 08:18 AM

12,264 posts, read 9,422,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Personally I'm not completely sold on Ellison but he's far better than Perez.

Ellison holds edge in DNC race

Ellison holds edge in DNC race survey | TheHill
I heard this on the radio this morning. I can't believe the GOP's good fortune. I can't believe Democrats are surrendering to the hard-core left of their party. Democrats will be on the outside of national power for decades. I predict under Ellison they will totally give up on the white vote.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I heard this on the radio this morning. I can't believe the GOP's good fortune. I can't believe Democrats are surrendering to the hard-core left of their party. Democrats will be on the outside of national power for decades. I predict under Ellison they will totally give up on the white vote.
LOL, because Hillary did so well?

Old 02-22-2017, 09:39 PM

1,299 posts, read 667,057 times
Watching the tail end on CNN...

Dems are in big trouble.

This is pitiful

I can see why Trump crashing and burning is the only hope the left has.

I am sure I totally disagree with most of his political positions but the young man with the glasses is the one I would want if I were a Dem

Last edited by Texas Minded; 02-22-2017 at 09:55 PM..

Old 02-22-2017, 10:00 PM

23,245 posts, read 11,493,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL, because Hillary did so well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Watching the tail end on CNN...

Dems are in big trouble.

This is pitiful

I can see why Trump crashing and burning is the only hope the left has.
I dont remember 2004, but There are articles about Howard Dean and how his progressive ideals would destroy the party, and yet, He was able to build the party from the middle out, which is exactly what every democrat wants.

Perez lost my respect by not answering some of those questions, Ellison did the same. Sally Brown impressed me , as did Green and Mayor Buttigieg, but her the most.

If I had a vote, she would get it at this moment.

Quote:
I am sure I totally disagree with most of his political positions but the young man with the glasses is the one I would want if I were a Dem
Why ? He never actually mentioned a single thing he would do, Every response was about his dislike of the party. He was basically arguing for a jungle primary which defeats the purpose of a party primary.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont remember 2004, but There are articles about Howard Dean and how his progressive ideals would destroy the party, and yet, He was able to build the party from the middle out, which is exactly what every democrat wants.
Howard Dean is the same kind of politician as Obama and Hillary. Candidate Obama was quite progressive. His ideas got people excited. President Obama was a failure and the (D)'s lost the House and Senate and in the end the White House because of it.

Quote:
Perez lost my respect by not answering some of those questions, Ellison did the same. Sally Brown impressed me , as did Green and Mayor Buttigieg, but her the most.

If I had a vote, she would get it at this moment.
I didn't watch but I would love for someone to ask Brown to expand on her statement......."We promote them to chair of a party where they have power and they have no clue what they are doing."

This reads to me to be a direct swipe at Wasserman-Schultz. If so, I certainly believe her to have what it takes.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:35 AM

28,291 posts, read 15,361,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
There were really four forces at work in the 2016 election.
  1. Trump and his supporters
  2. The Sanders wing of the left
  3. Establishment Republicans
  4. Establishment Democrats (Clinton/Pelosi)
The mainstream media continued to push the narrative that Hispanics, blacks and college educated white women would be the deciding factions in the election. Hindsight shows everyone that the deciding faction was the white working class. The only part of the media narrative that is plausible is the Hispanic effect. Blacks have not grown as a demographic and college educated white women have far less children than the white working class so it makes perfect sense that the media got this all wrong.

Trump captured the Republican nomination and pivoted his campaign to cater to the white working class. This resulted in a winning strategy as he conquered the blue wall of the lower northeast (PA) and upper Midwest (OH, MI and WI). Trump was the first person since Ronald Reagan to take the white working class from the DNC.

My predictions for the near future are (1) Trump continues to serve and cater to his 'new' base. (2) The Sanders wing of the left will try and succeed to take some of the white working class away from Trump. (3) Some of the Republican establishment will expand and try to cater to the Trump supporters. (4) The establishment Democrats will fade into oblivion. Don't think for a minute that the establishment Democrats can't die. It happened in the 1800s to the Federalist and Whig parties as society evolved and changed.
The bold is where Dems don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or