Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:56 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
Whats not to understand? I left the question wide open, would you be as confused if had put John McCain's name in there instead of Barrack Obama's? Its a simple question. Would he finish his first term? Simple question.....YES OR NO? And then state your reasons fro whatever answer you choose!

Second, question......you are obviously very naive if you think people don't want him because of his background. I know several people who don't like it that he's black! I could care less if he's black or has 3 eyes, as long as he can get this country back in the right track, I'm all for him. Although I prefer Hillary, if he does get the Nomination I will be voting for him. But thats the reason I started this thread is to hear the different viewpoints.

Is that too difficult?
Your question was vague and not enough detail as some people need to intelligently have a dialogue.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:02 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Your question was vague and not enough detail as some people need to intelligently have a dialogue.
Maybe so, but I was looking at the big picture, not being specific left my question open to many different conclusions, views and probable arguments.
Next time, I'll spell it out like I'm talking to a two year old.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:02 AM

699 posts, read 2,236,555 times
Quote:
Whats not to understand? I left the question wide open, would you be as confused if had put John McCain's name in there instead of Barrack Obama's? Its a simple question. Would he finish his first term? Simple question.....YES OR NO? And then state your reasons fro whatever answer you choose!

Second, question......you are obviously very naive if you think people don't want him because of his background. I know several people who don't like it that he's black! I could care less if he's black or has 3 eyes, as long as he can get this country back in the right track, I'm all for him. Although I prefer Hillary, if he does get the Nomination I will be voting for him. But thats the reason I started this thread is to hear the different viewpoints.

Is that too difficult?
You did write "Barrack Osama, oops I mean Obama" in your initial post. Why write that when you knew what his real name was? This is an internet message board, so you can edit and delete your post if you wish. But, you chose to leave it up there, obviously for a reason. So doesn't that mean you include yourself as one of those people who view Obama in a certain, distasteful way?

I am not naive enough to know that there are many people who dislike Obama because of his skin. If he is elected, I would hope that he makes it through in good health. I don't wish death on anybody.

Is there a possibility of assassination? Yes. Even Obama himself knows that. But, if he is willing to take that chance to do something he truly believes in or do something that he feels must be done, then more power to him.

There are just some things in the world that a person feels is more important than that of their own life.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Maybe so, but I was looking at the big picture, not being specific left my question open to many different conclusions, views and probable arguments.
It is a question that fuels your own ignorance and hatred, this is surely what it is.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:21 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,250 times
I love it when someone does share another's view, then they are labeled as "ignorant and hateful". Those who live in Glass Houses.........

Old 03-04-2008, 09:29 AM

699 posts, read 2,236,555 times
Quote:
It's not the question that you are asking. It's the reasoning behind the question. Please don't flatter yourself.

Either way, if you want a truly intellectual debate on the subject, you do need to be more precise and specific in your questions. Leaving it open like this, whether intentionally or not, doesn't really offer anything at all. It is just too open, that could go in many different directions with no real possibility of substance.

Most likely this type of thread will evolve into a flame war like many other threads, because a wider variety of posts are allowed into this "open" debate.

If you truly want a discussion, make it more specific next time.

Last edited by tenken627; 03-04-2008 at 10:06 AM..

Old 03-04-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I love it when someone does share another's view, then they are labeled as "ignorant and hateful". Those who live in Glass Houses.........
This is my analysis of the question posed and my constructive criticism regarding it. Now what you make of it, do with it, think of it is entirely your business. I can have my own individual perspective of what the question means to me. CARRY ON!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:59 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections