U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-03-2017, 06:36 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,194 posts, read 16,573,628 times
Reputation: 8847

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
get over it for heavens sake. Put your big girl panties on if you have any and go play with the other little girls. And just to make you feel better,, it would not have made any difference: I also see you posted Cruz should have been the nominee; NOT!! He didn't get enough votes, again cut and dry. Trump wasn't my choice: I could go around saying my guy should have been the nominee, but one: I am a mature adult and 2; I respect our system. Trump won the job, I will live with it and wish him the best. All adults should feel that way.
Trump wasn't my first choice either, but as time went on, I began to believe he was the man for the job, and the man we needed, partly because he was not afraid to speak the truth, and also speak his mind.

 
Old 03-03-2017, 07:35 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,187 posts, read 14,953,306 times
Reputation: 18248
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Hillary Clinton beat Bernie Sanders so by definition, she was more popular.


favorability =/= popularity

And favorability means nothing as she still beat Trump in the popular vote. As did Obama over Romney.
If Clinton "beat" Sanders, it was probably the reason he had a bruise on his face just after stepping out of the race. She was not more popular or favored, maybe more like "fixed" when it came to being the nominee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sanders beats Trump.
Yes, in the polls almost consistently for months, Sanders was predicted to defeat Trump by 10 points, Hillary was not. I don't know, the math seemed simple enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
She lost because of 80k in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin while she got 2.8 million more votes nationwide
Anything could have happened, she deserved to win!
OK, I think you are on to something finally, "SHE LOST" and now, if you can drop "she deserved to win", you'll be there.

She didn't deserve to win. She is morally, mentally and physically incompetent to be POTUS. The woman is evil to the bone. She deserved something, just not to be our president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
No she didn't.

That is why, she didn't.

I can't believe I still have to mention this, but here goes.......

Trump won, get over it. After nearly four months, a third of a year, you people are still whining and whimpering. Pathetic.

CN
Pouting. Yeah, I have never seen anything like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Illegal immigrant votes shouldn't count anyway.
But, they did to make her the popular vote winner. Unfortunately for her supporters, there is no ribbon for 2nd place, that just happens in elementary school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Libbies just don't get it, most of this country truly hated their candidate......so much so they had to get rid of poor old Bernie in a sleezy way just to get Hildabeast the nomination. Pretty pathetic, but hey it's what libs are.
Hillary defeated herself. I still think she has so much "stuff" on the party members that she demanded to be the candidate. Don't mess with the Clintons or you'll be number 80 something on the death list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Thanks for giving me my daily dose of comedy on this forum.
Maybe we need a "sticky": "But, but, Hillary should have won, won the popular vote, rerun the election...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So, someone responded, "God want's nothing to do with Trump." I beg to differ, and that person wouldn't know who God may choose. Pretty arrogant, if you ask me.
A Hillary supporter arrogant? Well, I would say that anyone still claiming that Hillary won the election because of the popular vote is pretty arrogant, maybe I mean delusional!
 
Old 03-03-2017, 07:48 AM
 
6,056 posts, read 3,087,308 times
Reputation: 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
She lost because of 80k in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin while she got 2.8 million more votes nationwide
Anything could have happened, she deserved to win!
Sorry.

We aren't letting left wing nut jobs in a few states control the direction of the country


So glad each red state has 2 senator electoral votes
 
Old 03-03-2017, 10:24 AM
 
2 posts, read 783 times
Reputation: 12
Trump wasn't my candidate (I'm a democrat) but America has spoken.

The democrats really screwed up during the election process by not courting swing states and not focusing on middle America and also by screwing over Sanders, both huge mistakes. I believe Bernie Sanders would have done better.

That being said, saying HRC is unfit to be POTUS because "she's a liar" does not hold water when Trump is the alternative. He is a money-grubbing, xenophobic, dishonest person. He didn't pay the people that constructed his buildings using loopholes and bankruptcy and we still haven't seen his tax returns.

Let's face it, we just had to hold our noses and vote this time. Neither candidate was a good choice.
 
Old 03-03-2017, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,700 posts, read 83,289,352 times
Reputation: 41535
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I, too, thought that the OP was a female. However, he has admitted to being a young minority male.

OP---We didn't hear from you in quite sometime. I figured it was because you finally learned to deal with the election results. You really need to get over it. It's not healthy to still be moping about it at this point in time.
Had no idea, so thanks for setting me straight. I could say he acts like a girl but that would be an insult to us females.
 
Old 03-03-2017, 11:01 AM
 
78,013 posts, read 33,277,428 times
Reputation: 15593
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Trump wasn't my first choice either, but as time went on, I began to believe he was the man for the job, and the man we needed, partly because he was not afraid to speak the truth, and also speak his mind.
If you still support him you better hope he starts speaking his mind a little less and actually does some work.
 
Old 03-03-2017, 11:03 AM
 
78,013 posts, read 33,277,428 times
Reputation: 15593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingramstone View Post
Trump wasn't my candidate (I'm a democrat) but America has spoken.

The democrats really screwed up during the election process by not courting swing states and not focusing on middle America and also by screwing over Sanders, both huge mistakes. I believe Bernie Sanders would have done better.

That being said, saying HRC is unfit to be POTUS because "she's a liar" does not hold water when Trump is the alternative. He is a money-grubbing, xenophobic, dishonest person. He didn't pay the people that constructed his buildings using loopholes and bankruptcy and we still haven't seen his tax returns.

Let's face it, we just had to hold our noses and vote this time. Neither candidate was a good choice.
There were other choices.
 
Old 03-03-2017, 11:50 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,498 posts, read 22,347,982 times
Reputation: 13810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
5 months ago on October 1st, 2016...

Coming out with a strong performance from the 1st debate and debuting doubts about her health, Hillary's poll numbers were rising and she was the clear favorite to win the election.
- She could do anything she can to stop Comey from releasing the letter at the end of the month.
- she could save the tape of trump talking lewdly about women
- she could have ditched Ohio, Iowa and North Carolina and focused campaigning in just the 8 closest states: Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire and Maine.


I wish we could just go back in time for 5 months!!!
Ha! Y'all are 5 months ago.

It's called Denial, which is NOT a river in Egypt.

I wish we could go back 5 months to see Trump do it again.
 
Old 03-03-2017, 11:51 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
9,738 posts, read 8,008,245 times
Reputation: 4080
If I could go back to 1992 and buy Qualcomm and 1997 and buy Chicos and 1986 and buy Microsoft. Heck if I could go back to last week with the winning Powerball numbers.
 
Old 03-03-2017, 01:27 PM
 
44,344 posts, read 17,721,479 times
Reputation: 18668
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
If Clinton "beat" Sanders, it was probably the reason he had a bruise on his face just after stepping out of the race. She was not more popular or favored, maybe more like "fixed" when it came to being the nominee.
I agree with everything you say, but my observation is this:

The Democrat Party at the hands of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Donna Brazile, and Tom Perez defeated Bernie Sanders. They then proceeded to hand the nomination to crooked Hilary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:32 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top