U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-03-2017, 01:30 PM
 
12,574 posts, read 10,444,029 times
Reputation: 17362

Advertisements

Hillary was overconfident. She thought she had it in the bag. Frankly, most people probably thought she had it in the bag. I did. Rewinding won't do a thing for that attitude. She underestimated Trump's supporters, especially his silent ones. She was out of touch with many Americans, including those who aren't wealthy and famous or from urban areas.

 
Old 03-03-2017, 02:12 PM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
17,158 posts, read 19,464,800 times
Reputation: 12893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
I wish we could just go back in time for 5 months!!!
Do you REALLY want to watch Hillary get smashed up on election night all over again? Wasn't it painful enough the first time around?

You gotta be careful what you wish for.
 
Old 03-03-2017, 02:59 PM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
33,844 posts, read 41,968,199 times
Reputation: 43227
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Do you REALLY want to watch Hillary get smashed up on election night all over again? Wasn't it painful enough the first time around?

You gotta be careful what you wish for.
He posted elsewhere he'd like an election re-do with Cruz instead of Trump.
 
Old 03-03-2017, 09:32 PM
 
Location: SoCal
13,009 posts, read 6,229,411 times
Reputation: 9579
I don't think Sanders would have won either. I know the free tuition promise for the young ones but not the over 30 or 40, not that many would want to pay for that.
 
Old 03-03-2017, 09:39 PM
 
20,606 posts, read 8,781,788 times
Reputation: 7090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
5 months ago on October 1st, 2016...

Coming out with a strong performance from the 1st debate and debuting doubts about her health, Hillary's poll numbers were rising and she was the clear favorite to win the election.
- She could do anything she can to stop Comey from releasing the letter at the end of the month.
- she could save the tape of trump talking lewdly about women
- she could have ditched Ohio, Iowa and North Carolina and focused campaigning in just the 8 closest states: Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire and Maine.


I wish we could just go back in time for 5 months!!!
Honestly, if Hillary had won, she would have been just as polarizing as Trump. It was a no win situation with either one.
 
Old 03-04-2017, 04:53 AM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
7,256 posts, read 3,014,044 times
Reputation: 6088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
5 months ago on October 1st, 2016...

Coming out with a strong performance from the 1st debate and debuting doubts about her health, Hillary's poll numbers were rising and she was the clear favorite to win the election.
- She could do anything she can to stop Comey from releasing the letter at the end of the month.
- she could save the tape of trump talking lewdly about women
- she could have ditched Ohio, Iowa and North Carolina and focused campaigning in just the 8 closest states: Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire and Maine.


I wish we could just go back in time for 5 months!!!
You prove the point about Democrats being in denial! Come up from the basement! You did lose!
 
Old 03-04-2017, 05:11 AM
 
432 posts, read 202,054 times
Reputation: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I'd load up on stocks in advance of Trump's triumph.
NO...NO....NO!!!!!!!!!!... Mark Cuban said a Trump being elected would be BAD for the stock market.
 
Old 03-04-2017, 09:41 AM
 
Location: SoCal
13,009 posts, read 6,229,411 times
Reputation: 9579
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
NO...NO....NO!!!!!!!!!!... Mark Cuban said a Trump being elected would be BAD for the stock market.
That guy is an idiot. I can't stand him.
 
Old 03-04-2017, 02:12 PM
 
18,744 posts, read 7,281,503 times
Reputation: 8010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
NO...NO....NO!!!!!!!!!!... Mark Cuban said a Trump being elected would be BAD for the stock market.

lol
 
Old 03-04-2017, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,637 posts, read 16,753,813 times
Reputation: 26220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
She lost because of 80k in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin while she got 2.8 million more votes nationwide
Anything could have happened, she deserved to win!
Then I guess you'll have to go all the way back to our Forefather's time to argue your case.

"Ahem, yes, thank you all for coming. Hi, Mr. Madison, good of you to be here. I'm here today to make a plea that you don't allow an electoral college to decide who wins because I don't care about each state having a say. All I care about is that in over 200 years, a female is going to run for president, and despite how corrupt, angry, dangerous, and what a liar she is, I want her to win. If you don't, I'm going to mope around for MONTHS after she loses. Bigly."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top