Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 09:40 AM

45,321 posts, read 26,898,300 times

Advertisements

This is hilarious... great moments in college education.

What If Trump And Hillary Swapped Genders? Reenactment Of Debates With Genders Switched 'Shocks' Liberal Audience

In a remarkable and revealing experiment about the impact of gender in the 2016 election, two self-described "liberal" professors joined forces to put on an "ethnodrama" based on key moments of the presidential debates between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, in which actors of the opposite sex played the roles of the two candidates, exactly mimicking their every move and intonation. The results of the gender swapping experiment stunned both professors and the mostly liberal audiences who attended the performances.

Many in the audience were "shocked" to find the male version of Hillary to actually be harder to admire than the real Hillary, while the female Trump seemed to "shine" in moments they'd remembered the real Trump "flailing or lashing out." The overall experience for many Hillary voters was both "bewildering and instructive."

This is very instructive if you allow yourself the latitude to put aside your biases.

When they opened up their minds and put aside their preconceived notions and just reacted to what was presented... the female "Trump" won the debate.

It also tells us that these people (and some on the right do it as well) suppress what is rational to vote for their guy or gal. These are Hilary supporters who were shocked that they preferred Trump when they actually opened up their mind.

It is not a male/female issue. It's about the content of the candidate.

I wonder if those, who were confused and bewildered, truly understood what actually happened, and got a greater understanding of themselves...

Portion of the debate here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yC7-JsR2Fk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 11:58 AM

16,951 posts, read 12,511,466 times
I loved the very punchable line.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:02 PM

20,103 posts, read 16,059,193 times
Funny how that worked. I'm not sure how much of the actual candidates favorability was male versus female as much as positive press spin versus negative press spin. But the bottom line is what people keep saying, which is Hillary didn't lose because she's a woman, Hillary lost because she's Hillary.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:41 PM

26,288 posts, read 14,891,524 times
Hillary was a horrible candidate, the DNC should never have rigged it in her favor - but why not when so many Democrats fall right into line even after it was exposed?!

Old 03-10-2017, 02:33 AM

153 posts, read 114,395 times
Default Trump & Hillary Clinton gender swapped by NYU professors. Are surprised by results.

https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publi...-reversal.html

Quote:
fter watching the second televised debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in October 2016—a battle between the first female candidate nominated by a major party and an opponent who’d just been caught on tape bragging about sexually assaulting women—Maria Guadalupe, an associate professor of economics and political science at INSEAD, had an idea. Millions had tuned in to watch a man face off against a woman for the first set of co-ed presidential debates in American history. But how would their perceptions change, she wondered, if the genders of the candidates were switched? She pictured an actress playing Trump, replicating his words, gestures, body language, and tone verbatim, while an actor took on Clinton’s role in the same way. What would the experiment reveal about male and female communication styles, and the differing standards by which we unconsciously judge them?
This is an amazing article and please read all of it.

Old 03-10-2017, 02:26 PM

26,288 posts, read 14,891,524 times
Anyone know where the full debate video is?

Old 03-10-2017, 05:02 PM

1,548 posts, read 907,959 times
This reminds me of the story I've read or heard many times about that Kennedy-Nixon debate, I believe the first televised debate. People listening on radio thought Nixon won but TV viewers gave it to Kennedy, the handsome, smooth, non-sweating candidate.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:19 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,091,079 times
Ivanka 2024 should be an easy win.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:26 PM

153 posts, read 114,395 times
This is very important. The sexism is alive and well!

Old 03-10-2017, 09:41 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,547,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publi...-reversal.html

This is an amazing article and please read all of it.

The late Belle Barth could have played Trump's female counterpart (and who else could have done it?). She was a pioneer in promoting people's uncivil rights. When I was very young, half the bad words I and my friends knew and most of what we could imagine about obscene behavior, came from listening to her records. Woe unto us, if our parents had known about that!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Barth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections