Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 03:12 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
She had the largest plurality of US voters...period. She would have won comfortably without the damage done by Comey. And the Comey damage was largely they fault of Obama who should have fired Comey after the July fiasco.

No Clinton was not a scintillating candidate. The Democrats could have done much better. But Trump was the worst of the worst and that should have been fatal. And it would have been without the devastation wrought by Comey.

The Right Wing smear campaign worked or Trump would never have had a chance. Again testimony to the value of negativity in the US political sphere.
Better re-think your post. Trump ran a somewhat negative campaign but did include some positivity such as, we are going to get the economy improved, we are going to put a halt to illegal immigration, we are going to work harder to defeat ISIS. Hillary Clinton on the other hand ran the most negative campaign I have every seen. Here in PA every other commercial in Sept and Oct '16 was an election 2016 commercial, the majority of them were Clinton commercials and they all said one thing: Trump is awful.

Trump's slogan: Make America Great Again. (which by the way, I take with a grain of salt, it sounds like a politician's ramblings). I'll be happy if we just get the country pointed in the right direction.

Hillary's slogan: other than IT'S MY TURN...... she obviously had no message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 05:10 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,098,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Forget the study, Clinton ran an excellent campaign! She was meticulous in the debates. With Putin and the hacking of the ballots in the swing states, Clinton chances of winning was insurmountable.
Now toddle yourself down to the local emergency room, state the Russians control America and we are now a part of the Russian government. The kind folks at the ER may be able to find you a comfortable bed.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:11 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,098,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Maybe discussions about why he won or why she lost will die down a bit when the left stops trying to push the narrative that the Russians rigged the election.
According to blood on her hands Hillary "what difference does it make now".

Old 03-14-2017, 11:21 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
BS on the advertising argument. Not only did Clinton's advertisements in certain key states bleed over into other states on the local news network, her cable television advertisements knew no state boundaries.

Also, while Trump did talk more policy in his advertisements, let's be clear about one thing: he did a whole lot less paid advertising than Hillary did.

If people think Trump's television/radio/newspaper advertisements won him the election, they weren't paying close attention to the election.
BC would say, "It's the content stupid!"

Last edited by Cruzincat; 03-14-2017 at 11:31 AM..

Old 03-14-2017, 11:40 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Better re-think your post. Trump ran a somewhat negative campaign but did include some positivity such as, we are going to get the economy improved, we are going to put a halt to illegal immigration, we are going to work harder to defeat ISIS. Hillary Clinton on the other hand ran the most negative campaign I have every seen. Here in PA every other commercial in Sept and Oct '16 was an election 2016 commercial, the majority of them were Clinton commercials and they all said one thing: Trump is awful.

Trump's slogan: Make America Great Again. (which by the way, I take with a grain of salt, it sounds like a politician's ramblings). I'll be happy if we just get the country pointed in the right direction.

Hillary's slogan: other than IT'S MY TURN...... she obviously had no message.
If you look at this at a pure marketing hat, Trump's message is brilliant.

Make America Great Again
vs
I'm with Her.

I don't know how much effect a single slogan can have, but if you honestly had no idea who the candidates were and just looked at the statements above, what appeals to a voter more? Yeah it is just a short sentence, but it is where everything else builds off of.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Your post is more Trumpet nonsense. He won by the skin of his teeth only with the help of last minute admitted garbage from Comey. And she would have overcome that given a couple of weeks.

She was no great candidate. But she was vastly better than her opponent who managed to get through thanks to a last moment sneak attack from a Republican operative running the FBI.

Doubtful Trump could get elected dog catcher and so far he has not shown that level of skill. One has to root for him as he is our President...but gosh how utterly incompetent he appears to be.
trump won by the skin of his teeth? in what world do you live in? trump had 306 electoral voted where as clinton had 232. that my friend is not "by the skin of ones teeth.

comey didnt need to say a thing about clinton and she would still have lost the election.

in th end clinton lost because she was a horrible candidate, she couldnt tell the truth to save her life, and she constantly made excuses for her shortcomings. on top of that her campaign was almost totally negative. in fact her only message was vote for me because trump is a jackass, oh and she is for the children.

clinton doesnt give a damn about you or anyone who is not her. all she cares about is power and money.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:24 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
trump won by the skin of his teeth? in what world do you live in? trump had 306 electoral voted where as clinton had 232. that my friend is not "by the skin of ones teeth.

comey didnt need to say a thing about clinton and she would still have lost the election.

in th end clinton lost because she was a horrible candidate, she couldnt tell the truth to save her life, and she constantly made excuses for her shortcomings. on top of that her campaign was almost totally negative. in fact her only message was vote for me because trump is a jackass, oh and she is for the children.

clinton doesnt give a damn about you or anyone who is not her. all she cares about is power and money.

Of the more than 120 million votes cast in the 2016 election, 107,000 votes in three states effectively decided the election.

That is a little less than a 10th of 1 percent. That is the skin of ones teeth.

The myth that Clinton lies a lot is pure right wing smear. Compared to her opponent she is the breath of truthfulness.

Old 03-14-2017, 06:05 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,914,400 times
Quote:
Of the more than 120 million votes cast in the 2016 election, 107,000 votes in three states effectively decided the election.

The myth that Clinton lies a lot is pure right wing smear. Compared to her opponent she is the breath of truthfulness.
Bzzz wrong.

Trump won by a bigger margin then the previous Republican President, George Bush.

Old 03-14-2017, 06:06 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,748,990 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9esBun7-us

Old 03-14-2017, 07:06 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:

you need to get your medications adjusted, hillary a breath of truthfulness? she couldnt tell the truth to save her own life! remember the "we were ducking sniper fire" quote that was PROVED TO BE A LIE? remember the "it was a video" lie? those are just two of many lies that woman has told over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections