Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,771,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Sure, he should be inspiring to some degree, but experience and substance should be the primary factors and not flash and perception. In this dangerous world, it matters a lot more who has the judgement and experience to do the things that need to be done, versus who can make people "feel" better.
Things do not usually end up working out that way, though. John Kerry, Al Gore, Bob Dole, Bush I, Dukakis, Mondale...

They all had experience and brains, but their speaking styles put you right to sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 08:36 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,805,042 times
My friends, I'm Happy for McCain....He's gonna need a lot of rest before GE campaigning. And let me tell you my friends, this guy is just bad for the media. My friends, lets not forget he's 72. Would somebody find a better substitute for the words "my friends" for this guy please?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:51 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,504,874 times
I'll vote on substance. To vote on appearances and likeability is too shallow when it comes to electing the commander and chief.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:52 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,131,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
My friends, I'm Happy for McCain....He's gonna need a lot of rest before GE campaigning. And let me tell you my friends, this guy is just bad for the media. My friends, lets not forget he's 72. Would somebody find a better substitute for the words "my friends" for this guy please?
He stole that crap from Reagan. Foot soldier and all.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:24 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,895,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
I'll vote on substance. To vote on appearances and likeability is too shallow when it comes to electing the commander and chief.
I want to vote on substance! I just can't find any Well Ron Paul is still running,

Old 03-05-2008, 01:05 PM

431 posts, read 2,123,550 times
Funeral director? sounds like he's ready for a funeral himself. I don't think i could stand 4 years of listening to him doing speeches. He better drink some REd Bull or something to pick up the energy level.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:26 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,510,726 times
I'm McCain the salior man!
I am what I am and that's all what I am!

I had to go there (LOL)!

Old 03-05-2008, 03:31 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,159,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Things do not usually end up working out that way, though. John Kerry, Al Gore, Bob Dole, Bush I, Dukakis, Mondale...

They all had experience and brains, but their speaking styles put you right to sleep.
Well, George HW Bush was elected over Dukakis, so that one is moot. As for the others, I would make the argument that their views probably did them in most. Dole might be the best example of someone who was probably very qualified (Senate Leader, military hero, etc.) who was beaten by the cult of personality that was/is Bill Clinton, along with his own very boring and dry style.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:07 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,274,041 times
Default too funny!

I don't know, I just listened to this video on You Tube and am not sure if he sounds like a funeral director.

YouTube - Raw Video: Too Old? 'You Little Jerk,' McCain Laughs

I think he's just old and has a square box for a face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerblaine View Post
His tone of voice depresses me for some reason. I feel like someone died. Is he supposed to be inspiring?

I really don't see how he can beat either Obama or Clinton. Both of them are already getting more votes than him!! I don't think he has a prayer especially with his WAR agenda!!

So yeah I am looking to see if anyone else out there thinks he sounds like a funeral director giving a eulogy?

Old 03-05-2008, 11:00 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,580,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerblaine View Post
His tone of voice depresses me for some reason. I feel like someone died. Is he supposed to be inspiring?

I really don't see how he can beat either Obama or Clinton. Both of them are already getting more votes than him!! I don't think he has a prayer especially with his WAR agenda!!

So yeah I am looking to see if anyone else out there thinks he sounds like a funeral director giving a eulogy?
FYI, John McCain is a funeral director in his alter ego, that's why he looks and sounds like a funeral director. In his alter ego form, he'll be well equipped to write the obituary for the Republican Party and the Conservative movement for the next 10 to 15 years. As an added bonus, he'll be able to write his own obituary. This election will be 1996 Bob "I'm also a war hero" Dole deja vue all over again. I'm a Viet-Nam vet and I'd just like to know why this country can't move past benchmarking it's politicians by the War de jur. I am so sick of this war hero crap that I want to jump into a punji pit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections