Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 05:42 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No, she wasn't selfless. She was, and is, a power hungry socially awkward person, with the personality of a sheet of sandpaper, who would climb on anyone's back to get where she wants. She readily sold access to the Secretary of State's office to enrich her family. She is corrupt, just plain unlikeable, and had she not been married to Bill Clinton the closest she would get to an elected political position would be as some backroom hack.

Donald Trump did not win, Hillary Clinton lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Quote:
Donald Trump did not win, Hillary Clinton lost.
What is it about 304 electoral votes that you don't get?

Give it up. Trump won. Handily.
I included the entire original post because context matters.... Yes, Trump won the election. Yes, Trump won the Electoral College. Yes, Trump is my president, as he is the president of every other American citizen, regardless of how they feel about him or the election. No dispute here on those FACTS. There is nothing to give up.

The meaning my comment was intended to convey is that a lot of those votes that Donald Trump got were not because the person wanted to vote for him but because Hillary Clinton was so awful that they wanted to make sure she was not elected and the way to do that was to vote for her opponent. That comment that you took offense to was a punchline to my above paragraph and set apart for emphasis. Please note that I said Hillary Clinton lost.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:12 PM

22,445 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I want you to check your medicine Daywalk. While you were asleep, she LOST!
^^^^This

OP---It's long past time for you to have come to acceptance. You really need to deal with the reality that Trump is our president and Hillary lost.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:28 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,910,603 times
Quote:
I included the entire original post because context matters.... Yes, Trump won the election. Yes, Trump won the Electoral College. Yes, Trump is my president, as he is the president of every other American citizen, regardless of how they feel about him or the election. No dispute here on those FACTS. There is nothing to give up.

The meaning my comment was intended to convey is that a lot of those votes that Donald Trump got were not because the person wanted to vote for him but because Hillary Clinton was so awful that they wanted to make sure she was not elected and the way to do that was to vote for her opponent. That comment that you took offense to was a punchline to my above paragraph and set apart for emphasis. Please note that I said Hillary Clinton lost.
Exactly why I would of voted for him.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:31 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,972,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
She spent her life being a visibly corrupt career politician, who cynically lies like she breathes and has demonstrated that she'll say anything to get elected. Moreover, she comes off as frail and utterly lacks leadership presence.

The real United States recoils from such people who haven't worked an honest day in their life, and who see their family business as collecting high level public salaries.

Chelsea seeks to continue the tradition, but won't be able to overcome the stigma of her parent's legacy and the fact that her persona is that of an over-privileged and entitled princess with no experience with the life that most people lead.
Please enlighten me how she is a corrupted career politician if she has never ever been Indicted despite countless partisan based investigations having been initiated against her?

Old 03-16-2017, 07:03 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Wow. Are democrats still yapping about this? Even now?
Are you kidding? They still whine and complain about Bush, of course they're still sobbing about Hillary.

#HillaryStillLost

Old 03-16-2017, 07:07 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Please enlighten me how she is a corrupted career politician if she has never ever been Indicted despite countless partisan based investigations having been initiated against her?
It took years to convict Capone and Gotti too. Just because she isn't in jail YET doesn't mean she isn't guilty.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:23 PM

325 posts, read 371,498 times
Quote:
That's why we didn't get her in the end, especially the ones in the Rust Belt who voted that way. She spent her life advocating rights of children and families. She was selfless and never stopped contributing her energy and spirit towards the betterment of the society
What an alternate reality. I'm so sorry you live there. My deepest condolences.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:00 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
For the longest time I thought that the OP was being willfully obtuse with all the threads they've started since Hillary lost (around 60), but I'm really starting to believe that he/she is actually clueless.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:39 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
That's why we didn't get her in the end, especially the ones in the Rust Belt who voted that way. She spent her life advocating rights of children and families. She was selfless and never stopped contributing her energy and spirit towards the betterment of the society
Selfless? Oh come ON, lol. You don't become a MILLIONAIRE by being "selfless". You don't make hundreds of thousands of dollars off of speeches by being "selfless"

She spent her entire power hungry life and political career practicing to be President, enriching herself and her family along the way.

Regardless of where you stand politically, I don't see how anyone in touch with reality can actually have a positive view of her or not suspect her motives. Next to Donald Trump, she is the fakest, phoniest politician possibly in American History. There's not a sincere, genuine bone in her entire body. She doesn't utter a word that hasn't been tested, re-tested, and then focused grouped.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:44 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Quote:
I voted for her, but I don't see her as much of a "leader". Bernie's recent actions of holding town halls with people who voted largely for Trump and sitting down with them face-to-face, because it's his passion to do so, shows true leadership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections