Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 11:37 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Here's a link to a very interesting story. Hillary will still be behind on the pledged (democratically elected) delegates, even if she wins the following states with the following margins, even after last night's victories:

Wyoming: 53-47
Mississippi: 52-48
Pennsylvania: 60-40
Indiana: 55-45
North Carolina: 52-48
West Virginia: 55-45
Kentucky: 55-45
Puerto Rico: 60-40

Even with these unlikely numbers, Obama will still have a 58 delegate lead in the people's delegate count. If this is true, what's the point for continuing the race?
Excellent post. There is no point in continuing this race. Hillary is showing herself to be pretty low class. 35 years of "experience" doing absolutely nothing of note. She's a liar, pure trash. She needs to resort to spins, negative campaigning, begging, crying, attempt to lower her voice to sound like Obama. In one ad in Texas, she is alleged to have darkened Obama's skin in the ad. Pure, gutter trash. She didn't have the right judgment to vote against the war. She relies on the uneducated, uninformed, and economically strapped. She is counting on the racists to come out in full force to support her for no other reason than to keep (the race that Obama is considered) from being elected. She claims a win in Texas but really LOST Texas because Obama came out ahead in the delegate count there. Ohio does NOT have more significance than ILLINOIS or WISCONSIN, which went for Obama.

There is no reason for her to still be in the race. The Repubs have their nominee. Time for the Dems to close ranks around the frontrunner Obama. But then again, the Democrats have never shown themselves to be shrewd and intelligent in winning political elections with intelligent strategy and we are witnessing another farcical effort here after two straight elections of getting annihilated by the Republican campaign strategists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 11:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,556 times
Default Greed

Hillary is still running, despite the 'math' because she is 'greedy'. Her self-will is more important than the will of the people. I started out being a supporter of the Clinton's. They were the most notable choices as far as the democrats. So in short....I supported them by default. Her plan B lies in the authority of the super delegates. As soon as she noticed Obama's sweep during this process, she started the behind the scenes, politics as usual, underhanded practices that the Clinton's are accustomed to. I don't think she would continue if she didn't think that the super delegate process would be in her favor. Obama is a 'newcomer'. People can speak publicly about what their intent is....but behind the scenes lies the underworld political characters - the old boys network. This mentality exists not only in the white house, but in corporate america, churches, private companies. I can go on and on and on. Politics. If any one out there beleives in the integrity of the Democratic process as it exists today..... I caution you to lose the naivety. Barack has implemented a campaign that I never experienced. (I am 30 something). It's not politics as usual with him, although he is a formidable politician. He made history by raising the most money last week EVER in a campaign. 90% of the money was from the people!!! Not lobbyist. I respect the Clinton supporters. But, please don't beleive that she has our best interest in mind. She is very self-serving. If you have the gift of discernment, you see it when she speaks. Her presence is not genuine. I am the daughter of a politician - she is bad for this country if 'change' is what we seek.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:00 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,906 times
I loved your post Alexus. Right on the money. The math doesn't work and rules are being changed in Florida and Michigan which still will not bring either to the amount they need to win. The delegates are not in her favor, the popular vote is not in her favor and Obama is predicted to do better against McCain (despite what the Hillary campaign and supporters might think), therefore, what is going to be her argument to the super delegates? Oh yah, that "you need to win in the big states" argument. HELLO... who is to say the people who voted for Hillary in the Primary wouldn't support Obama in the general election. There has been huge turnout for these primaries. She will definitely rip the party apart before she ever steps down. Lets just see how this plays out and hopefully the democrats won't just hand over the win too McCain which is essentially what they would be doing.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:05 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,165 times
No matter how it is spun on this thread, Obama is not leading by a "landslide". She's in the race because she can come out of this as the nominee.

And, I am not a supporter of anyone in this race...

The fact that this (Democratic) race is so close is going to work against whoever is the final winner. And, whoever it is, better have some real, universally attractive policies to present to the voters. Because with such a close race, people will be looking for something to give them a reason to vote for them.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:16 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,906 times
I don't think anyone is stating any landslides here. These are just current mathematical facts being presented and true worries that the democratic party is going to be torn apart. I think we can all agree that whoever we support, we want them to win fairly. If the super delegates change the vote of the people, that would be a disgrace to the American people.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:40 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
....and now look whom they've trotted out again to steer their fresh face -- the most liberal of them all!
Hillary's superdelegate lead attests to the fact that she is the darling of the democratic establishment.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:42 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
No matter how it is spun on this thread, Obama is not leading by a "landslide". She's in the race because she can come out of this as the nominee.

And, I am not a supporter of anyone in this race...

The fact that this (Democratic) race is so close is going to work against whoever is the final winner. And, whoever it is, better have some real, universally attractive policies to present to the voters. Because with such a close race, people will be looking for something to give them a reason to vote for them.
Great point. Now who is the most divisive figure to voters, who will galvanize the right, and who has the more broad base of support?

Old 03-08-2008, 08:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmichelleh View Post
Hillary is still running, despite the 'math' because she is 'greedy'. Her self-will is more important than the will of the people. I started out being a supporter of the Clinton's. They were the most notable choices as far as the democrats. So in short....I supported them by default. Her plan B lies in the authority of the super delegates. As soon as she noticed Obama's sweep during this process, she started the behind the scenes, politics as usual, underhanded practices that the Clinton's are accustomed to. I don't think she would continue if she didn't think that the super delegate process would be in her favor. Obama is a 'newcomer'. People can speak publicly about what their intent is....but behind the scenes lies the underworld political characters - the old boys network. This mentality exists not only in the white house, but in corporate america, churches, private companies. I can go on and on and on. Politics. If any one out there beleives in the integrity of the Democratic process as it exists today..... I caution you to lose the naivety. Barack has implemented a campaign that I never experienced. (I am 30 something). It's not politics as usual with him, although he is a formidable politician. He made history by raising the most money last week EVER in a campaign. 90% of the money was from the people!!! Not lobbyist. I respect the Clinton supporters. But, please don't beleive that she has our best interest in mind. She is very self-serving. If you have the gift of discernment, you see it when she speaks. Her presence is not genuine. I am the daughter of a politician - she is bad for this country if 'change' is what we seek.
Obama: "Yes we can!"

Hillary: "Yes I can!"

Old 03-08-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Thanks. Are Hispanics typically Republican voters?
Only the Cubans. In the Southwest USA, some of the older families with roots going way way back are Republicans -- but the newly arrived? -- not at all.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Hillary clearly intends to continue the age old politics of demographically and racially dividing the country. No where is this more evident in the voters she caters to and the way in which she campaigns. The real question is can she win in November without Obama? Her rhetoric as of late has clearly shown that she has drawn a line and intends to destroy the Democrats chance at the Whitehouse if she cannot win it outright - and she can't win. While there may be some shift in how the Obama camp resonds to her, it will be very interesting after the recent allegations of the press' soft treatment of Obama, if the reverse will now be true. Vis-à-vis, will she be able to withstand some scrutiny and how will she respond. We know she is angry, can she be composed? I personally am saddened by the turnout for Huckabee, he was well spoken, tough and one of the few in the race who struck me as the Peoples champion. Like John Edwards he will and should be missed for doing and asking some of the press' hard questions.

Yes -- that's the Carville-Clinton "scorched earth" approach.

They are now attempting to destroy Obama -- by any means they can.

They're trying to claim he's a Muslim, unpatriotic -- and because Hillary believes she is entitled to the White House. She will do WHATEVER it takes. Power and money are the only things she's ever lived for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections