Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:28 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,499,783 times

Advertisements

The primary season has exposed the myth that Hillary Clinton is capable of being president of the US. Just look at her dismal performance. She can't even run her own campaign organization competently.

This primary contest is a test of organizational skills....it is a test of the ability to run a huge complex organization with many moving parts. It is a test of foresight. It is a test of street smarts.

Hillary Clinton failed to anticipate the contests that came after Super Tuesday. She believed her own press that she would knock out Obama on Super Tuesday and that it would be all over by then. When that didn't happen, she realized she had not organized adequately in the remaining states. She realized that her campaign was running out of money.

In other words, she had no plan B. She was unprepared for the unexpected.

Hillary deserves to lose. She has shown herself to be ill-prepared to be the Chief Executive of this huge country. Her so-called experience has proved to be a mirage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 07:39 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,105,911 times
She has not run a good campaign.

On the flip side, it appears Obama has been stealing ideas of hers for a long time now. I wonder what he'll do when he has to come up with his own ideas? Look at this story from April 2007: BARACK'S BILLS HINT OF CLINTON PINCHIN' - New York Post

Quote:
April 16, 2007 -- WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's leading Democratic rival, Barack Obama, is a rising political star, a charismatic campaigner - and a copycat.

Obama has liberally lifted ideas and text from Clinton's bills and repackaged them as his own when filing legislation in the Senate, a review of congressional records show.
I wonder if he thinks being President is going to be a really easy job? Does he have someone he can copy off of?

Old 02-20-2008, 07:41 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,578,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

On the flip side, it appears Obama has been stealing ideas of hers for a long time now. I wonder what he'll do when he has to come up with his own ideas? Look at this story from April 2007: BARACK'S BILLS HINT OF CLINTON PINCHIN' - New York Post

I wonder if he thinks being President is going to be a really easy job? Does he have someone he can copy off of?

He's gonna hire good advisors ... sound familiar?

Old 02-20-2008, 07:47 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,750,164 times
Quote:

You are quoting a piece from the New York Post, owned by Rupert Murdoch. You know, of Fox News? Yesterday you used the Washington Times as a source for supporting Hillary - Ronald Reagan's favorite news source.

Why do you think that the ultra-conservative news outlets are supporting Hillary? Why did she recently say that she is getting better treatment from Fox than from other news organizations?

Hmmm. Why do the most conservative Republicans come to Hillary's aid now in her time of need? I wonder...

Old 02-20-2008, 08:03 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,764,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
You are quoting a piece from the New York Post, owned by Rupert Murdoch. You know, of Fox News? Yesterday you used the Washington Times as a source for supporting Hillary - Ronald Reagan's favorite news source.

Why do you think that the ultra-conservative news outlets are supporting Hillary? Why did she recently say that she is getting better treatment from Fox than from other news organizations?

Hmmm. Why do the most conservative Republicans come to Hillary's aid now in her time of need? I wonder...
They feel really bad now about the Hillary-Gate, Whitewater, and Travelgate investigations?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:23 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,249,008 times
Quote:

Seriously though. How many Presidents TRULY come up with their own ideas.

If Obama has found previously unused ideas that help him achieve what he wants to achieve then I don't have a problem with it....

Old 02-20-2008, 08:32 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,215,404 times
Quote:

Yeah, it's been clear for a longgggggg time that the conservatives WANT Hillary to be the Democratic candidate as I think they believe that she offers them their best chance of victory - there was a lot of talk on Fox News for example about Clinton being the likely candidate for the Democrats very very early (even before anyone was close to announcing they would run). It isn't of course that they actually LIKE Hillary - quite the contrary actually - but rather that they think they have the best chance of winning against her.

Personally, I think Hillary has the skills and toughness to be President and probably do a pretty good job, but the downside to her being the Democratic candidate is that NO ONE fires up the Right-Wingers like a Clinton. The hatred they have for them is beyond rationality - and in a year when the GOP is reeling because of the poor performance of both their recently expelled Congress and the current President, the GOP needs all the help they can get to fire up their base and get them out to vote.

I mean, let's face it - the GOP is in trouble and the party leadership knows it. Not only has America as a whole drifted more to the Left - as America does, drifting back and forth - but the base of the party is REALLY UNHAPPY with their member's performance. The fiscal conservatives are ticked off that both Bush and the previous Congress were spending like a bunch of drunken sailors, the anti-immigration factions are PO'ed that no one in Washington (not even their own party members) seems to be giving anything more than lip service to stopping the flow of illegal immigrants, the Religious Right is unhappy that neither Congress nor the President pushed hard enough for their socially conservative agenda, and ALL THREE are unhappy with McCain as candidate because they feel he is not far enough to the RIGHT and thus doesn't represent ANY of their positions. In truth many of them see little difference between McCain and either of the Democrats.

This is not a good situation for ANY party to be in and means that voter turn-out is likely be be very, very low (which it has indeed been for Primaries) - and if you can't get your base motivated to turn out then you have NO hope of winning. In fact, among some in the party there is even talk of deliberately sitting out the election with the idea that perhaps it's better to let the Democrats win so that they can make a even bigger mess of things (that's the hope anyway) and then a resurgent Republican Party - with new candidates who more accurately reflect the base's postitions - can come back and win big in the NEXT election.

Pretty desparate times indeed for the GOP.

Which brings us to Hillary. As I said, NO ONE can energize the GOP base like a Clinton - hence the hope that Hillary will be Democratic candidate. The frantic hope is - what their own candidate can't do (get the base to turn out to vote) - one of the dreaded Clintons on the Democratic ticket MIGHT just accomplish.

That's my take anyway,

Ken

Old 02-20-2008, 08:33 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,499,783 times
Quote:
In case you didn't know, democracy itself is not a very original idea. Hillary Clinton certainly didn't invent it.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:37 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,730,797 times
Quote:

Being president is like herding cats. Does anyone ever really do a good job of it?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:53 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,105,911 times
Quote:

You know what? Use Google and look up words like "Obama" and "copycat" or "stealing" or any of a number of other similar words and you'll find that Obama doesn't seem to have many original thoughts and has been accused numerous times by people other than Hillary of stealing ideas and "just words." There is a lot of stuff that flew around mid-year last year from the Edwards' camp plus there is a lot of other stuff.

Hey! Feel free to defend him but these charges are not kewl.

And, by the way, I'm a registered Democrat and have been for over 30 years. I don't support FRAUD in either party -- which is why I didn't vote for George Bush either!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections