Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:47 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times

Advertisements

I would love to see Whitewater revisited so we can how much of the taxpayer's money was wasted and Ken Starr came up with nothing on the Cllintons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 07:52 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I have to admit that I'm getting a big kick out of the whining from Obama and Co. about Hillary throwing "everything but the kitchen sink" at him and "going negative" to win. He has GOT to be kidding! He's whining about the telephone ad and the scrutiny over the meeting in Canada???!!! Is he THAT fragile and still claiming with sincerity that he's ready to face the Republicans?

LOL, a part of me would LOVE to watch him face the Republicans. I'll bet they're studying Kenyan genealogies as we type to find an Obama ancestor who was a despot, cannibal, or killer of elephants.

So, let him "go negative." It will be pathetic, I'm sure.
They ran a little bit on NBC Nightly News tonight. Obama was talking to reporters on the plane. He seemed to place the blame on the reporters that he was suddenly facing harsh treatment -- like Hillary had unleashed the dogs on him because she thought he was being treated too kindly (and his attitude seemed to spell out that he felt he was not being treated too kindly prior to SNL doing their bit).

Reality is tough.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:52 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
Obama learned a very valuable lesson yesterday; you can't win against a Clinton by only using positive advertisements, and not attacking your opponent with every piece of dirt you can find on them.

Hillary's "everything and the kitchen sink" strategy seems to have worked. All the negative attacks against Obama halted his progress. Throughout last week, Obama took the high road, and tried to prove he was the better person, by staying positive, and not stooping to her level. But obviously that didn't work out too well for him, so now his campaign is about to switch up their game:

Obama Camp Lays Ground For Negative Attacks - Politics on The Huffington Post

Obama is far from perfect, he has some dirt on him, just like every other politician. But Clinton has years of dirt on her. Whether you like her or not, nobody can deny that the Clintons have some major skeletons in their closet, and have both been involved in countless shady situations.

I wonder if she's dug her own grave by essentially forcing Obama into going negative. Lord knows he could smear her name seven ways to Sunday if he wanted to. We'll have to see just how low he goes....things are fixin to get ugly.
He should tread lightly. Don't make it too personal. Women might get offended if you do.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:59 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama HAS ALREADY BEEN GOING NEGATIVE!!

Obama bashes Hillary all the time
where have you been??
How so? What is an example where he "bashed" Hillary (not counting beating her in the delegates) for anything?

Even before the phone ad, she has been negative. Examples:

* People admire his eloquence; She calls him "Speeches not Solutions." What does he do? Stay positive. I guess he could have said "Elected experience not spousal experience"

* Per his themes of hope and change: "Hope and dreams are naive," "Change you can Xerox," etc. Perhaps he should counter with.. "Change you can't see, because it's classified like her White House documents"... or, "Ready on Day 1? She couldn't even get her tax return done on day one, two, or going on day 365."

* He touts (accurately) his stance as ALWAYS against the war. She bashes with "He just gave a speech"... again, what does he do? Stays positive. He should say, "What has she done beyond a speech? A speech and a vote? Oh but wait, she didn't even get the vote right. Nor did she give the speech. There is nothing there."

I don't think anyone is ready for the real negatives against Hillary. Honestly, although she says she's been "tested" and the republicans have thrown everything at her... that just isn't true. She hasn't been challenged, she's simply been made fun of. She's never truly been attacked, because the republicans haven't had to. Perhaps they will if she becomes the nominee. Until that happens, she has merely been a convenient joke for them.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:44 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
There was a non scientific poll on TV that asked if the news media was biased in its reporting and giving Obama a free ride, or something like that. 65% of the people answering said yes. I figure that is the 65% that will be defeating Obama.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:01 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He should tread lightly. Don't make it too personal. Women might get offended if you do.
why do you think he will lose the 33% support of his true women believers?

Old 03-06-2008, 12:13 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
I hope things don't get too dirty. IMHO Sen Clinton's so-called negative ads were kind compared to the mudslinging in previous elections. On the news tonight I saw George Bush and John McCain arm in arm. Do you remember the nasty smear campaign in 2000? The media loves to bash both of the Clintons, but Hillary keeps coming back and on Tuesday she proved she is still in the race.

One thing the vote in Texas demonstrated (at least to me) is that the caucus system does not represent the American people. After all, how could millions of people vote in the primary and then in the caucuses Obama had a big lead among a choice few? What were there...about 100,000? That's because there are too many people who cannot possibly spend 3 or 4 hours at a caucus and Sen Obama gets a lot of support from voters under 30. Also, Sen Obama attracts more wealthy people while Sen Clinton gets a lot of support from blue collar workers who work 2 jobs and then rush home to their families. Just ask the people in Iowa who tried to vote and couldn't. That includes firefighters, police officers and anyone who can't take off to sit around and chat for hours.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:24 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,145 times
oh come on, the canadian NAFTA-smear had Billary's fingerprint all over it.
Rezko? really? was he supposed to check all his associates? rezko donated to Billary as well.

firefighters, police officers and anyone who doesnt know how to pre-poll, postal vote?? are we in afghanistan? or Florida? Oh just Ohio !!

PS. It probably good election to lose to McCain and let him fix the economy

Old 03-06-2008, 12:32 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Hillary's 3 a.m. phone call ad wasn't very negative at all. As much as the Obama supporters were thrilled about his response ad, I think it hurt him. It made him look petty.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:17 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
oh come on, the canadian NAFTA-smear had Billary's fingerprint all over it.
Rezko? really? was he supposed to check all his associates? rezko donated to Billary as well.

firefighters, police officers and anyone who doesnt know how to pre-poll, postal vote?? are we in afghanistan? or Florida? Oh just Ohio !!

PS. It probably good election to lose to McCain and let him fix the economy
A. Obama LIED about a meeting between his top staff and the canadians, regardless of what they talked about; This is FACT.
B. Obama KNEW that Rezko was under investigation and that's why he himself called the dealings with Rezko "boneheaded";
C. There is absolutely no records or proof that Rezko ever donated to Hillary, because he didn't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections