Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 03:05 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The Democrats overestimate their popularity in the Midwest and South. The Democratic party in that whole bloc is falling apart.
More people voted for Hillary than Trump.

Quote:
The same thing that happened with the Democratic party in the South is happening in the Midwest, where it's a whole bloc of solid, Republican electorate.
Ummm no it's a solid block of INDEPENENTS. Big difference.

Quote:
It only matters what Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, Michigan think. They are the ones that the former swing states that sway the elections.
And they are overwhelmingly dissatisfied with Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 03:22 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,083,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitemsohard View Post
Huge tax cuts is easily going to get him re-elected.
Plus the Democrats are showing how little they care about America, as all they seem to want to talk about is Russia....
Absolutely correct.

It's refreshing to get democrats fired up on 2020 this far out since Bernie stickers are still much more popular than Hillary

Old 03-28-2017, 03:27 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times
Trump would EASILY defeat any democrat that ran against him in 2020. A solid independent would be a different matter seeing as many repubs and dems are fed up with politics as usual. If Trump fires up the economy and actually fixes things - he's untouchable.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:47 PM

794 posts, read 1,325,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
most Americans support Trump and understand that the powers that be in Washington are against any change or reform to their bloated and corrupt system. the more he takes on the establishment - the more popular he gets.

I think that many liberals try to vilify him personally because they stand to lose the most as he implements needed cuts and reforms. That would be their influence over minorities, globalist agenda and gaming the system for personal gain. wouldn't want to own a house around DC under the Trump administration.
Sorry, but you're living in a bubble if you honestly believe that. You need to get out more.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:59 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Wow, "most" Americans support Trump? Gallup says only 37% of Americans approve of Trump. That's almost two out of three people who oppose Trump.
Not to mention that most Americans didn't support Trump on Election Day.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:03 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times
Quote:
Sorry, but you're living in a bubble if you honestly believe that. You need to get out more.
I live in a very diverse area and am out and about most of the time. I talk to real humans from many cultures. That's my take and many (liberals mostly) get their opinions from sound-byte social media and the MSM. Trump supporters tend to be considerably more awake and engaged in reality.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:07 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Simply because people continually underestimate his intelligence, and no one is willing to change their losing game.

Don't forget:

He wasn't serious about his announcement to run ... oh wait ... What I meant to say was, he'll drop out before the first GOP debate ... oh wait, I meant he won't win a single primary state ... oh wait, I meant he won't be the nominee ... oh wait, I meant he is the only candidate who can't beat Hillary ... oh wait, I meant, he won't appoint a conservative cabinet ... oh wait, I meant he won't nominate a conservative SC Justice ... oh wait, I meant, he won't really pursue a halt to the refugee program or a temporary ban on radical Islamists or sanctions against sanctuary cities ... oh wait, I meant he's a con man who won't do the things he promised...

The left really doesn't like learning from history... even RECENT history.

It's not really possible to underestimate his intelligence. He does have a kind of shrewdness or cunning, but not what most people think of as intelligence. You can easily tell this by his inarticulate, low-vocabulary floundering in the way he speaks, or by his inability to actually come up with an acceptable health-care plan. Even as a businessman he wasn't considered particularly competent.

What we underestimated was the gullibility and meanness of such a large percentage of Americans who were willing to vote for this ignorant, bigoted bully.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:10 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
I live in a very diverse area and am out and about most of the time. I talk to real humans from many cultures. That's my take and many (liberals mostly) get their opinions from sound-byte social media and the MSM. Trump supporters tend to be considerably more awake and engaged in reality.
In what reality?

Old 03-28-2017, 04:10 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease
...the more he takes on the establishment - the more popular he gets.

I think that many liberals try to vilify him personally because they stand to lose the most as he implements needed cuts and reforms. That would be their influence over minorities, globalist agenda and gaming the system for personal gain. wouldn't want to own a house around DC under the Trump administration.
How did Trump take on the establishment? Trump supported the establishment GOP ACHApocalypse bill, that would have taken away health insurance from 24 million Americans -- many of them Trump voters in rural areas. Trump supports tax cuts on the rich, regulation cuts for corporations and increases in military spending, just like every establishment Republican in power. Like other establishment Republicans, Trump is hostile to the environment and climate change as well as science in general -- just like the establishment GOP.

Just like every Republican establishment figure, lobbyists are welcome in Trump's DC -- so housing prices are safe. There isn't a hill of beans difference between Trump's favored policies and that of the establishment GOP. Anyone who thinks otherwise was sold a bill of goods from a marketing man and a con man. If you disagree, how exactly is Trump taking on the establishment?

Last edited by MTAtech; 03-28-2017 at 04:21 PM..

Old 03-28-2017, 04:24 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:

If by "reality," you mean "self-involvement in their own petty selfish problems, though oblivious to logic and the larger world," then I'm perfectly willing to believe you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections