Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 11:37 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Yeah, sure,

I would have won if I had run, also.

CN
Nah, I would have defeated you! I took a poll just 2 minutes ago and it says that I would have defeated you! Nothing matters except what my poll said!

And, also, to the one that "rep'd" me and said Trump was the groper, show me video clips where women and girls looked horrified because he was hanging on them. Words are cheap! The boldness which Biden groped was unspeakable, that he was "entitled". I suspect with his problems with alcohol that he may have had too much to drink. I still say a knee in the right place would have cleared his head!

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 03-31-2017 at 11:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 06:19 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Would Biden have beaten Trump?
Quite possibly.

But a party's opponent very often decides that party's nominee. If Biden had been the Democratic nominee, odds are Trump may not have gotten so far. First Scott Walker and then Ted Cruz were both presumptive winners for a long time before Trump gained ground; if Walker had not short-circuited so early, he might have been the guy. He sure had the wins and the popularity in the early days.

Cruz had weaker credentials than Walker, but he caught all of the Walker voter's attention and held it throughout the middle of the campaign. His followers stuck with him until there was no chance at all for him, too.

The outcome for Cruz could have been different if Biden had been in the race. The distinctions between those two was very clear, and the tone of both parties' campaigns and primaries could have been much different.

For sure, Biden has always been a strong populist in the northern areas where Trump did the best. Trump would have whooped him in the south, but Cruz was the most popular in the west.

A lot has been said about the final choices, but not as much about the party choices. Clinton was such an elitist she has always left a lot of voters cold to her. That was what killed her in 2008 and in 2016. Obama and Biden both knew how to reach the common man, but Obama had the advantage over Biden in several critical areas in 2008.

Not so in 2016. Biden never bowed to the next-in-line thing at all. He's never liked the Clintons much either, so if he had decided to run, he would have, and he would have run hard. His candidacy would have put the DNC over a barrel, too, so it couldn't be so much in Hillary's pocket. And Bernie would have had a lot harder time getting off the ground if Biden had been in the race.

But all this is conjecture.
Joe did the right thing sticking to his family at that critical time instead of choosing to run. After losing his first wife and a child once, he wasn't about to desert what was left after one of his sons died. His boys meant everything in the world to him. He could have fallen apart on the campaign trail, and he knew it.

And he didn't want any more blows to fall on his surviving family than the one that had just struck one more of them down. The patriarch who is the family rock doesn't fall apart at a time when he's most needed. He had to be there for his people first. That's the way he's always been.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:58 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
LOL. he is correct.

Small detail. It was "Hillarys turn" This is what happens when you push an awful person with no hook. Trump is an awful person but he has a hook.
LOL, yep, they thought it was Hillary's turn. Oh, and they didn't think they needed the white hard working every day American votes. Maybe next time they'll hand more bones to more people.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:08 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, yep, they thought it was Hillary's turn. Oh, and they didn't think they needed the white hard working every day American votes. Maybe next time they'll hand more bones to more people.
But, but, but, it was "time"! And, I can tell by all of this "vagina" stuff that is still where their train of thought is. Can you imagine Biden coming out for the "penis" vote?

Old 04-02-2017, 12:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
But, but, but, it was "time"! And, I can tell by all of this "vagina" stuff that is still where their train of thought is. Can you imagine Biden coming out for the "penis" vote?
Yea, the rhetoric would have been, if you don't vote for Biden you hate men. Whatever identity political rhetoric they'll work at the time.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:24 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,996,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

..if..wishes were horses beggars would ride

Old 04-02-2017, 05:22 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Choosing a first is all they care about.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:11 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yeah that's what gets me about it. Hillary was forced on us since as far back as 2014. She was coronated because it was "her turn." Because the Democrats made that decision, we are now stuck with the most dangerous President we've ever had.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:15 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
He could have won. Would I have voted for Joe over Trump? Probably not out of respect for my grandma. She was a spitfire and talked about how much of an idiot he was. I was sitting in her living room when he said something about FDR being on TV with his fireside chats and how she lost it lol! It was not pretty lol!

Old 04-05-2017, 01:57 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

I doubt it. In 2008, Biden was not the Democratic nominee for President. I think Obama filled Biden head with laughing gas, causing Biden to think he could have won in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections