Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 07:25 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

I just realized this about the Democrat Ticket over the last 30 years. There has always been a Clinton involved.
  • 1992 - Bill Clinton
  • 1996 - Bill Clinton
  • 2000 - Bill Clinton's VP nominated.
  • 2004 - Hillary Clinton US Senator
  • 2008 - Hillary Clinton leading candidate, won popular vote in Primary
  • 2012 - Hillary Clinton Secretary of state.
  • 2016 - Hillary Clinton nominated
In 2020 it will be interesting to see what the Democrats come up with now that the Clintons are out of power.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 09:07 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
I thought they were going to revive Hillary Clinton for the 2020 win. Of course, there is Chelsea. I had thought that maybe she wasn't the brightest bulb in the pack, but I think in that case she took after her mother, Hillary, so I guess that would be a "maybe".

I think Hillary was "given" the nomination by using blackmail against probably several people. I think there was a deal that she support Obama in 2008, a year she actually had a decent chance of winning, and just not sure how much was promised to her.

So, you may be premature in looking at the "Democrat Party Without The Clintons", but we can always hope, but at this point, just about anyone could win against that name no matter how it is presented, so a win for the opposition is guaranteed, so let's get Chelsea on the ticket!

Old 03-19-2017, 01:49 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I think the Democrat party and America would be better off without the Clintons.

I did read a rumor somewhere that Hillary might run for NYC mayor but that seems to be a step down for her though the many in the city would love her. Maybe she needs the love and adulation of the public after losing so badly?
In NYC she could "preach to the choir"

Old 03-19-2017, 02:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think the Democrat party and America would be better off without the Clintons.

I did read a rumor somewhere that Hillary might run for NYC mayor but that seems to be a step down for her though the many in the city would love her. Maybe she needs the love and adulation of the public after losing so badly?
In NYC she could "preach to the choir"
The (D)'s need to clean house. I saw where Donna Brazile is trying to get back in. I will NOT vote for any candidate associated with Hillary, Brazile or any of the old corrupt members.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:49 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
In 2020 it will be interesting to see what the Democrats come up with now that the Clintons are out of power.

What do you think?
Well.........looking over some of the recent thread titles related to 2020 I see names like Hillary Clinton, Jesse Ventura, Al Franken and Oprah Winfrey. That doesn't bode well for the current state of the Democrat party. The party is lost and directionless right now, and the best I've seen in an attempt to establish direction is the tactic of continually throwing Jello at the wall to see what sticks. Helluva strategy.

They need two things: an effective message and an effective messenger. That have neither right now. If the party can get its act together they may be able to make a decent run at the presidency. They are not even close to accomplishing that at this stage, but they still have plenty of time.

And FWIW I don't think there is one chance in a million that Clinton will run again. Not necessarily because she doesn't want to. But the party (and the donors) will not give her another billion dollars to flush down the toilet. She's a loser. A two time loser.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I just realized this about the Democrat Ticket over the last 30 years. There has always been a Clinton involved.
  • 1992 - Bill Clinton
  • 1996 - Bill Clinton
  • 2000 - Bill Clinton's VP nominated.
  • 2004 - Hillary Clinton US Senator
  • 2008 - Hillary Clinton leading candidate, won popular vote in Primary
  • 2012 - Hillary Clinton Secretary of state.
  • 2016 - Hillary Clinton nominated

What do you think?
LOL, obviously Democrats aren't the party of change.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:42 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, obviously Democrats aren't the party of change.
In all fairness you really could say something similar about the Bushes.

One of the better posters on here got it exactly right when they said that the two parties are like TV wresters- they get together in the locker room and decide who the bad guy is, but in the end it is all a show. That is very right to an extent. With a lot of these guys, it is purely about having power to protect their own financial and dynasitc interests. That is why

Bush 41 so easily raised taxes after swearing that he wouldn't. He declared Saddam Hussein "worse than Hitler" and then walked away and let him remain.

Bill Clinton switched sides and governed for 6 years as a moderate, sometimes surprisingly conservative Republican while giving every lip service to his liberal roots

Bush 43 made his first act hideous new entitlement program.

Hillary Clinton has literally been on all sides of every issue you can name.

At the end of the they day, MOST OF THEM ON EITHER SIDE don't care give a damn about me and you. I am not saying all of them. I think there are principled people on either side, but they get in there and it is just too easy to use their power to protect their own interests rather than ours.

POST SCRIPT:

As for the Democrat party without the Clintons, they are in a lot of trouble, as they have NO ONE with any charisma, or even sense, left. Not that Hillary had either, but she had the name.

The Republicans, for their part, are gambling by playing ball with Trump, but they didn't have any choice. Though they have done a good job of capiltalizing on Obama and winning back Congress, the governorships, and the local governments, their brand was badly hurt at a presidential level in the Bush years, and they have to have this new, populist wing of the party. Will it work? We shall see.

Old 03-20-2017, 03:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
In all fairness you really could say something similar about the Bushes.
Not really.
  • 1992 - GH Bush
  • 1996 - Bob Dole (Ross Perot)
  • 2000 - GW Bush
  • 2004 - GW Bush
  • 2008 - John McCain
  • 2012 - Mitt Romney
  • 2016 - Trump
In 2016 JEB turned out to be a non-contender. It's clear the establishment would have greatly preferred Marco Rubio. Furthermore GH Bush, unlike Bill Clinton was there because he was Reagan's VP. Clinton came in and made the Democrat party his own in part, by effectively pushing out the progressive wing led by the Kennedys.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:57 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
It's Democratic Party, not the Democrat Party

Old 03-20-2017, 05:46 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's Democratic Party, not the Democrat Party
Actually, to "WaldoKitty", I do believe that it the "Democrat Party" and to many others and more everyday: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet) It is not a "cute" nickname either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections