Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2017, 01:45 PM

78,398 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Because it can be. And because you belong to the party that loves Citizens United.
That's just one leg on the piggy bank.

Clinton had Trump by almost 2:1 in money during the 2016 presidential race.

2016 Presidential Race
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 02:05 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Quick! Who gained seats in the house and senate in the 2016 election? Which party won the popular vote for president?

Speaking of arrogant optimism.......
Quicker...who is sitting in the White House? Who has the majority?

Old 04-18-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Quick! Who gained seats in the house and senate in the 2016 election? Which party won the popular vote for president?

Speaking of arrogant optimism.......
You had a ok argument until you wrote that second sentence.

It's the equivalent of losing the World Series and then chanting at the other fans, "We scored more total runs that you in the series!". It's embarrassing to watch.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:22 PM

Ok, please no partisan stupidity in response to this question (I know I'm asking for the impossible, sigh).

Why are the democrats pushing this hard in uphill district fights for house seats where the repubs have a pretty big margin?

I mean a Senate seat would be a much bigger deal given the margin there being small.

Are they just flush with donations from the backlash of losing the Presidential election or is the candidate "well connected" or is there some other underlying story?

I ask because usually neither party p*sses away a ton of money on what are seen as long-shots unless there is something else in play.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:36 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
So....What's your point? I don't see any point you're making with that map, petch

Old 04-18-2017, 02:39 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok, please no partisan stupidity in response to this question (I know I'm asking for the impossible, sigh).

Why are the democrats pushing this hard in uphill district fights for house seats where the repubs have a pretty big margin?

I mean a Senate seat would be a much bigger deal given the margin there being small.

Are they just flush with donations from the backlash of losing the Presidential election or is the candidate "well connected" or is there some other underlying story?

I ask because usually neither party p*sses away a ton of money on what are seen as long-shots unless there is something else in play.

There are no upcoming Senate seats to go after
There are a few House seats that are up. The reason this is getting the most attention is because of the make up of the district.

This is a traditionally very Republican district, but is a highly educated white collar district. Trump did considerably worse than any Republican in recent memory. Romney won it by 23.3, Trump won it by 1.5. Quite simply, Trump did much better than most Republicans in blue collar areas, and a bit worse than most Republicans in white collar suburban ones.

Democrats are hoping that Trump's problems with white collar suburban voters carries over to the special election in a Congressional race now that there is no entrenched Incumbent.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
There are no upcoming Senate seats to go after
There are a few House seats that are up. The reason this is getting the most attention is because of the make up of the district.

This is a traditionally very Republican district, but is a highly educated white collar district. Trump did considerably worse than any Republican in recent memory. Romney won it by 23.3, Trump won it by 1.5. Quite simply, Trump did much better than most Republicans in blue collar areas, and a bit worse than most Republicans in white collar suburban ones.

Democrats are hoping that Trump's problems with white collar suburban voters carries over to the special election in a Congressional race now that there is no entrenched Incumbent.
Ok, so they think they actually have a decent chance and so are willing to spend the money. Makes sense.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:11 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
The majority of people who voted, 52%, still voted against Hillary.
you realize that this also mean a larger majority 54%, voted against Trump right ?????

Old 04-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
The numbers do not lie, obfuscate, avoid or blur the full story. For those who are tallying; Pres Trump campaigned in 90% of the states, Mrs Clinton 74%.

Hillary Clinton's and Donald Trump's Campaigns by the Numbers - ABC News
Actually you are the one twisting it. The person I responded to made the claim that Clinton did not care about every State, I simply asked, did Trump.

Since he did not visit every state, then it can be argued the same is true of him, neither side should play stupid and pretend like every state is in play and waist resources there, that is why donald Trump never stepped foot in some of those states, same of Clinton.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:29 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Great, more Democrats. The party that says America is not exceptional, the party that says America can not compete, the party who thinks every other country is superior to us. Yeah, just what we need
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections