U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2017, 09:19 PM

29,303 posts, read 39,661,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Trump did not have huge support to begin with, hell, Republicans did not even want him.

Trump won based more on "we do not want Hillary" more so than anything else.

Also, these are local elections, and while people including the parties get hyped up on it, it is still a local issue, and that is why we can see a Repub governor elected while a Dem senator getting elected in the same state at the same time.

There are many people who do in fact never vote along party lines. Hell, I was voting for Obama at the same time I was voting for a Repub governor and senators.
To that end, that candidate Gray who has been talking on all the news channels about how much he loves Trump and supports him is coming in below expectations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 09:45 PM

33,046 posts, read 21,987,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
With most of Fulton out, it ain't happening.

That's what I wanted to know - what's still out and not yet counted. CNN gives no clue so they're fairly useless. And Fox News isn't even mentioning the race!

Old 04-18-2017, 10:06 PM

18,978 posts, read 15,450,405 times
Fulton just had a big vote dump, Ossoff now at 48.6%, will likely be around 48% when completed. Runoff with Handel in June which at this point has to be considered a toss up.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:36 PM

9,759 posts, read 3,147,445 times
At first I thought this looked concerning

Until I found out there was only one Dem and the R vote was slip
About five ways. Lol

Old 04-18-2017, 11:01 PM

11,469 posts, read 6,207,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
will be below 50% soon. Respectable loss for Democrats but they threw millions into another loss. There will be a runoff, but it will be a tossup at best
I say tossup/lean GOP. When you add up all of the GOP votes and all of the Dem votes, the GOP votes will still slightly outnumber the Dem votes. Couple that with fact that runoff elections tend to favor Republicans from a demographic standpoint (of course, this election will still be competitive given the national attention being given to it), I stand even more firmly in this position.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:06 PM

11,469 posts, read 6,207,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
At first I thought this looked concerning

Until I found out there was only one Dem and the R vote was slip
About five ways. Lol
There were multiple Dems, but I think the other Dems combined didn't even collect 1% of the vote! That said, this was a strong performance by the main Dem competitor, but its definitely not as much cause for concern as some would have you believe. Even if the Dem were to win in the runoff (I think the odds still slightly favor the GOP), these would be the same voters who only narrowly voted for Trump back in November. If you look at the polling, Trump voters are still overwhelmingly giving him the benefit of the doubt/supporting his policies. A district that barely voted for Trump in 2016 barely electing a Dem wouldn't be the kind of earth shattering event leftists think it would be. No, for that, you'd have to look at voting patterns of districts where Trump won more handily.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:15 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,300,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Fulton just had a big vote dump, Ossoff now at 48.6%, will likely be around 48% when completed. Runoff with Handel in June which at this point has to be considered a toss up.
It's a toss up in the view of the propaganda media and people like you who said Ossoff would win tonight. For rational observers, it's a Republican win.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:37 PM

32,324 posts, read 26,207,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Both sides are pouring money into this race. Why do you think the republicans put so much money into the Kansas race. This seat isn't important by itself but because it's Tom Price's seat and Trump narrowly won here it is important to prove a point.
very true, and well said. both sides are pouring money into the election there, its normal.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:28 AM

7,185 posts, read 2,745,221 times
Did anyone notice that the "loser dem" won about 48% in a field as large as trump was only able to squeek by in? Back then, the trumpissts were saying a win in a win, right?

Old 04-19-2017, 04:23 AM

62,765 posts, read 34,215,098 times
Poor Trump is a nervous wreck over the GA election. All his focus is on Tweeting about it and promoting his party.

Unfortunately the outcome shows how deeply dissatisfied people are with him, and his party. A Dem being this successful in a deep red area sends a clear message to DC, and is says "Trump sucks".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or