Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 09:58 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Keep dreaming, Smash. Lol.
I never said the Democrats would pick it up. However, Special Elections can be highly unpredictable, combine that with the specifics of the district, how hard it swung against Trump for what is a very traditional GOP seat and it is certainly worth at least paying attention to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 10:22 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I never said the Democrats would pick it up. However, Special Elections can be highly unpredictable, combine that with the specifics of the district, how hard it swung against Trump for what is a very traditional GOP seat and it is certainly worth at least paying attention to.
I highly, highly doubt this seat is going to flip. In fact, I doubt it will be less than a ten point GOP win. We will see soon enough.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,548 posts, read 16,531,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I highly, highly doubt this seat is going to flip. In fact, I doubt it will be less than a ten point GOP win. We will see soon enough.
You could be right, but the last guy to run against Price, didnt even have a campaign and got 40% of the vote.

As I and others have pointed out, part of the problem in 2016 was party and campaign infrastructure.

Cant win a race if no one knows you are running.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:00 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,046,900 times
I heard this race is extremely close. So republicans are running ads saying he is the puppet of Pelosi. I can't remember exactly what it said. When republicans are scared of losing a seat they bring out the Pelosi card lol

Old 04-03-2017, 11:04 PM

30,613 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I heard this race is extremely close. So republicans are running ads saying he is the puppet of Pelosi. I can't remember exactly what it said. When republicans are scared of losing a seat they bring out the Pelosi card lol
Yes, and it continues to work wonders every time When will democrats learn that pelosi is toxic and exile her from the ranks of leadership?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:58 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,290,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Never understood your hate for John Lewis, but Ossoff is the party backed candidate, so basically every Democrat supports him.
He's black.

This is the same poster that talked about "getting the jungle junk" out of the White House and referred to Michelle Obama as ""Mooch".

Put 2 and 2 together.

It ain't rocket science.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:06 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well they can't run against Obama anymore.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:29 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,290,301 times
This is an interesting race due to the district's demographics. It's a whiter district than the Georgia state average, but it's also younger and heavily college grad (60%). I don't expect Ossloff to prevail, due to the district's voting history and because in southern districts the white college vote usually tracks closer to the white non-college vote than in the rest of the country, but it will be interesting to see how districts like this respond to the direction in which Donald Trump is taking the Republican Party. If or when we see the election of a southern white Democratic congressman from a predominantly white district again, it will probably be in a district similar to this one.

Inside the Georgia 6th congressional district election | Political Insider blog

Last edited by Bureaucat; 04-11-2017 at 07:00 AM..

Old 04-11-2017, 01:33 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
This is an interesting race due to the district's demographics. It's a whiter district than the Georgia state average, but it's also younger and heavily college grad (60%). I don't expect Ossloff to prevail, due to the district's voting history and because in southern districts the white college vote usually tracks closer to the white non-college vote than in the rest of the country, but it will be interesting to see how districts like this respond to the direction in which Donald Trump is taking the Republican Party. If or when we see the election of a southern white Democratic congressman from a predominantly white district again, it will probably be in a district similar to this one.

Inside the Georgia 6th congressional district election | Political Insider blog

We saw a glimpse of it in November, it went from Romney +22 to Trump +1.5. The key is will the sharp changes on the Presidential level make it to the Congressional level. It is hard to read at this point, Price did win by 20 points, but it was his smallest margin against an opponent with little $$$ as a well entrenched incumbent.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:25 AM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,489 times
I live in the 6th and already voted early at our beautiful new library branch.
This district is very white, educated and affluent. Many of us moved here in the last twenty years from colder climates because of corporate transfers or to be near children or grandchildren. It is a wonderful place to live.
I am one of the many praying for change and back Ossoff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections