U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-22-2017, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,977 posts, read 15,437,762 times
Reputation: 3946

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wow, the left spent $8 million vs Handel's $183,00. Wow!
Not exactly true. The $8 million waas what he had raised, Ossoff had spent a little over $6 milion as of the last report, Handel's $183,000 was he cash on hand at the last report

Quote:
But though he’s stuffed his warchest, Ossoff is facing $5.5 million in negative ads from groups such as the GOP leadership’s Congressional Leadership Fund ($3.7 million), the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) ($1.8 million) and the National Rifle Association ($61,000).
This is in addition to funds spent by other GOP candidates as well as other groups including $1.2 million from the Super PAC Ending Spending (interesting name) which supported Handel.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...o-georgia-6th/


Republicans and Super PAC's actually outspent Democrats and Super PAC's in this race.

Last edited by Smash255; 04-22-2017 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-22-2017, 08:54 AM
 
11,852 posts, read 5,031,178 times
Reputation: 18282
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wow, the left spent $8 million vs Handel's $183,00. Wow!
Desperate people do desperate things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2017, 10:24 AM
Status: "Nothing" (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,438 posts, read 2,594,677 times
Reputation: 2514
Ossoff will help continue the divide between berniecrats and clintonists
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2017, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,417 posts, read 6,182,797 times
Reputation: 11241
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I would rather they run on and promote the adopting of the hundreds of thousands of kids who are already in foster care waiting for a family. Their mothers chose not to abort them just like you guys wanted. Buy what kind of life is that if they are unwanted and not loved. There has to be some foundation which you build your life on. Loving parents nurture you and teach you their values. They want you to be the best you can be. Kids going from foster home to foster home never learn this. They never feel wanted. Before we condemn abortion we really need to care of these kids first. And I have never heard anyone who has run on this which is deplorable.
I won't disagree with that, in spirit. However, I'll also point out that it likely wouldn't have much of an impact, while efforts to curtail abortion can.

Moving on, these people are not unloved. And what about every foster child who grows up to have their own loving families or otherwise become contributing members to society? Your argument makes it seem like it would've been better if such people had never been born (perhaps you don't feel this way personally, but I have heard the argument before). That theirs are lives not worth living. But, as I have asked in the past, have you ever asked such individuals (once grown) if they wish they had never been born? From those who were raised in the foster care system who are now out on their own (whether they were adopted out or not), they certainly do not wish such in my experience. Let's stop trying to judge and decide others' lives before they have had the opportunity/time to judge their own lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2017, 04:14 PM
 
33,930 posts, read 18,453,438 times
Reputation: 7488
Hahaha....

Let me guess....you listened to another poll? How's that working out for ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2017, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,236 posts, read 14,265,296 times
Reputation: 15730
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I won't disagree with that, in spirit. However, I'll also point out that it likely wouldn't have much of an impact, while efforts to curtail abortion can.

Moving on, these people are not unloved. And what about every foster child who grows up to have their own loving families or otherwise become contributing members to society? Your argument makes it seem like it would've been better if such people had never been born (perhaps you don't feel this way personally, but I have heard the argument before). That theirs are lives not worth living. But, as I have asked in the past, have you ever asked such individuals (once grown) if they wish they had never been born? From those who were raised in the foster care system who are now out on their own (whether they were adopted out or not), they certainly do not wish such in my experience. Let's stop trying to judge and decide others' lives before they have had the opportunity/time to judge their own lives.
Isn't it the right of every woman to decide for herself when to have a child? After all, she's living too.

How about let's stop trying to judge and decide other's lives totally instead of selectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2017, 10:31 PM
 
20,586 posts, read 8,768,755 times
Reputation: 7083
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I won't disagree with that, in spirit. However, I'll also point out that it likely wouldn't have much of an impact, while efforts to curtail abortion can.

Moving on, these people are not unloved. And what about every foster child who grows up to have their own loving families or otherwise become contributing members to society? Your argument makes it seem like it would've been better if such people had never been born (perhaps you don't feel this way personally, but I have heard the argument before). That theirs are lives not worth living. But, as I have asked in the past, have you ever asked such individuals (once grown) if they wish they had never been born? From those who were raised in the foster care system who are now out on their own (whether they were adopted out or not), they certainly do not wish such in my experience. Let's stop trying to judge and decide others' lives before they have had the opportunity/time to judge their own lives.



Exactly, so if a woman wants an abortion they should be allowed to have one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2017, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,417 posts, read 6,182,797 times
Reputation: 11241
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Exactly, so if a woman wants an abortion they should be allowed to have one
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Isn't it the right of every woman to decide for herself when to have a child? After all, she's living too.

How about let's stop trying to judge and decide other's lives totally instead of selectively.

You clearly didn't read or just chose to ignore what I wrote. What part of "before they have had the opportunity/time to judge their own lives" isn't clear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2017, 03:19 AM
 
Location: Western North Carolina
1,296 posts, read 827,810 times
Reputation: 2010
"Handel — Ossoff’s GOP opponent in the runoff election — only raised $463,744 and spent $279,767 as of March 29. In fact, all 17 other candidates combined raised less ($4.2 million) and spent less ($3.2 million) than Ossoff, as of March 29, FEC records show."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2017, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,977 posts, read 15,437,762 times
Reputation: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
"Handel — Ossoff’s GOP opponent in the runoff election — only raised $463,744 and spent $279,767 as of March 29. In fact, all 17 other candidates combined raised less ($4.2 million) and spent less ($3.2 million) than Ossoff, as of March 29, FEC records show."
When you add in the PACS and Super PACS which I linked to earlier in the thread, the GOP and affiliated groups outspent the Democrats and affiliated groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:45 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top