Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 08:47 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wow, the left spent $8 million vs Handel's $183,00. Wow!
Not exactly true. The $8 million waas what he had raised, Ossoff had spent a little over $6 milion as of the last report, Handel's $183,000 was he cash on hand at the last report

Quote:
But though he’s stuffed his warchest, Ossoff is facing $5.5 million in negative ads from groups such as the GOP leadership’s Congressional Leadership Fund ($3.7 million), the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) ($1.8 million) and the National Rifle Association ($61,000).
This is in addition to funds spent by other GOP candidates as well as other groups including $1.2 million from the Super PAC Ending Spending (interesting name) which supported Handel.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...o-georgia-6th/

Republicans and Super PAC's actually outspent Democrats and Super PAC's in this race.

Last edited by Smash255; 04-22-2017 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 08:54 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wow, the left spent $8 million vs Handel's $183,00. Wow!
Desperate people do desperate things

Old 04-22-2017, 10:24 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Ossoff will help continue the divide between berniecrats and clintonists

Old 04-22-2017, 01:48 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I would rather they run on and promote the adopting of the hundreds of thousands of kids who are already in foster care waiting for a family. Their mothers chose not to abort them just like you guys wanted. Buy what kind of life is that if they are unwanted and not loved. There has to be some foundation which you build your life on. Loving parents nurture you and teach you their values. They want you to be the best you can be. Kids going from foster home to foster home never learn this. They never feel wanted. Before we condemn abortion we really need to care of these kids first. And I have never heard anyone who has run on this which is deplorable.
I won't disagree with that, in spirit. However, I'll also point out that it likely wouldn't have much of an impact, while efforts to curtail abortion can.

Moving on, these people are not unloved. And what about every foster child who grows up to have their own loving families or otherwise become contributing members to society? Your argument makes it seem like it would've been better if such people had never been born (perhaps you don't feel this way personally, but I have heard the argument before). That theirs are lives not worth living. But, as I have asked in the past, have you ever asked such individuals (once grown) if they wish they had never been born? From those who were raised in the foster care system who are now out on their own (whether they were adopted out or not), they certainly do not wish such in my experience. Let's stop trying to judge and decide others' lives before they have had the opportunity/time to judge their own lives.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:14 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Hahaha....

Let me guess....you listened to another poll? How's that working out for ya?

Old 04-22-2017, 09:50 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I won't disagree with that, in spirit. However, I'll also point out that it likely wouldn't have much of an impact, while efforts to curtail abortion can.

Moving on, these people are not unloved. And what about every foster child who grows up to have their own loving families or otherwise become contributing members to society? Your argument makes it seem like it would've been better if such people had never been born (perhaps you don't feel this way personally, but I have heard the argument before). That theirs are lives not worth living. But, as I have asked in the past, have you ever asked such individuals (once grown) if they wish they had never been born? From those who were raised in the foster care system who are now out on their own (whether they were adopted out or not), they certainly do not wish such in my experience. Let's stop trying to judge and decide others' lives before they have had the opportunity/time to judge their own lives.
Isn't it the right of every woman to decide for herself when to have a child? After all, she's living too.

How about let's stop trying to judge and decide other's lives totally instead of selectively.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:31 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

Exactly, so if a woman wants an abortion they should be allowed to have one

Old 04-23-2017, 01:45 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Exactly, so if a woman wants an abortion they should be allowed to have one
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Isn't it the right of every woman to decide for herself when to have a child? After all, she's living too.

How about let's stop trying to judge and decide other's lives totally instead of selectively.

You clearly didn't read or just chose to ignore what I wrote. What part of "before they have had the opportunity/time to judge their own lives" isn't clear?

Old 04-23-2017, 03:19 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,139 times
"Handel — Ossoff’s GOP opponent in the runoff election — only raised $463,744 and spent $279,767 as of March 29. In fact, all 17 other candidates combined raised less ($4.2 million) and spent less ($3.2 million) than Ossoff, as of March 29, FEC records show."

Old 04-23-2017, 08:27 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
"Handel — Ossoff’s GOP opponent in the runoff election — only raised $463,744 and spent $279,767 as of March 29. In fact, all 17 other candidates combined raised less ($4.2 million) and spent less ($3.2 million) than Ossoff, as of March 29, FEC records show."
When you add in the PACS and Super PACS which I linked to earlier in the thread, the GOP and affiliated groups outspent the Democrats and affiliated groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections