U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 05:37 PM

18,577 posts, read 7,193,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump hasn't done anything of significance yet. .
Wrong.

A conservative SCOTUS majority, decades to come, plus ICE doing its job after a 8 year hiatus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 06:26 PM

21,133 posts, read 14,190,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Wrong.

A conservative SCOTUS majority, decades to come, plus ICE doing its job after a 8 year hiatus.
Don't take either one of them to the bank. SCOTUS is notorious for its independence. ICE swells and shrinks with every turning of the political tides.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:52 PM

18,577 posts, read 7,193,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Don't take either one of them to the bank. SCOTUS is notorious for its independence. ICE swells and shrinks with every turning of the political tides.
SCOTUS will no doubt have another seat to fill this term.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:42 PM

7,089 posts, read 9,835,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I argued last week that anecdotal stories about disillusioned Trump supporters were overdone. The fact is that, on a broad scale, Trump supporters say they aren't disappointed. In fact, a poll showed they were more pleased than disappointed, by about 5 to 1:

...The Pew Research Center released a poll showing very little buyer's remorse among Trump voters. The poll showed just 7 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say Trump has performed worse than they expected him to. Fully 38 percent — five times as many — say he has performed better.
A new Washington Post-ABC News poll confirms this — in spades. And, in fact, it shows more buyer's remorse for Trump's opponent in the 2016 election, Hillary Clinton. And were the 2016 election held again today, it shows Trump would avenge his popular-vote loss.

Analysis | Trump voters don

When the Wash Post says THIS ^^^ that means stuff just got real.
First regarding Trump, I agree. I do not know where the media is getting this spin about Trump voters wishing they voted for Clinton. I literally do not know a single Trump supporter who now says they should have voted for Clinton.

Regarding Clinton, I find it hard to believe that many Clinton voters are now saying they should have voted for Trump either. Especially with the media propaganda onslaught against Trump.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:49 AM

15,495 posts, read 6,114,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Regarding Clinton, I find it hard to believe that many Clinton voters are now saying they should have voted for Trump either. Especially with the media propaganda onslaught against Trump.
I'm actually one of those. I think the Democrats' antics since the election have been shameful and border on treason.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:32 AM

3,113 posts, read 2,510,374 times
Republican voters tend to be very loyal.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:15 PM

77,567 posts, read 33,038,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Republican voters tend to be very loyal.
They didn't come out for McCain.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:57 PM

18,026 posts, read 11,001,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I'm actually one of those. I think the Democrats' antics since the election have been shameful and border on treason.
Trump supporters should not be the least bit surprised after the last eight years. AND after the things Trump said about Obama, which he later said he didn't believe or, in the case of golfing, vacations, security costs, etc. Trump has done far far far more in only three months. Democrats are further motivated by Republicans who so obviously ignore the hypocrisy.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:25 PM

15,495 posts, read 6,114,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump supporters should not be the least bit surprised after the last eight years. AND after the things Trump said about Obama, which he later said he didn't believe or, in the case of golfing, vacations, security costs, etc. Trump has done far far far more in only three months. Democrats are further motivated by Republicans who so obviously ignore the hypocrisy.
I think that the nursery school antics, such as, in the last days of an administration drastically revamping the disclosure of classified information, is unique. Also, such midnight actions as effectively sponsoring an anti-Israel UN Security Council resolution, imposing drastic restrictions on energy extraction and others could have been done earlier in the administration, when they could have been tested by a democratic vote of some kind, albeit of a successor.

The outgoing administration's actions thoroughly alienated at least this voter.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:55 PM

18,026 posts, read 11,001,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think that the nursery school antics, such as, in the last days of an administration drastically revamping the disclosure of classified information, is unique. Also, such midnight actions as effectively sponsoring an anti-Israel UN Security Council resolution, imposing drastic restrictions on energy extraction and others could have been done earlier in the administration, when they could have been tested by a democratic vote of some kind, albeit of a successor.

The outgoing administration's actions thoroughly alienated at least this voter.
Sounds like a Trump voter with no remorse so congratulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections