Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:45 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
WooHoo! Free Health Care!
I am opposed to "free" health care. I am in favour of national health care. But we all should have to pay into the system. The reason it cost so damn much now is that too many people free load off of it. If everybody pays for it via our taxes and an annual deductible, it will be cheaper for all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

745 posts, read 2,208,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
BTW anything quoted from the Washington Times (owned by Rev Sun Mung Moon and the Unification Church) or from Fox News (obvious) is suspect.
Just to clarify, the article was written up by the Washing Times staff, but the polling numbers came from indepent polling agencies such as the Pew Research Center.

I think the crossover votes to McCain makes a lot of sense. If Hillary gets the nomination, there will be many people frustrated, thinking she stole it, thinking she's a devisive, dishonest "monster" who will come out solely to vote against her. Many African-Americans may also stay home thinking the Democrats have proven they don't stand with them. If Obama gets the nomination, just as you've heard in Hillary's recent speeches, McCain is sure to get some of those voters because of his experience (especially on national security issues), history of reaching across the aisle, and all the other things Sen Clinton has given him credit for that only she, and not Obama can compare to him on. He'll also get a lot of Reagan Democrats against either of them who are more fiscally conservate and tend to oppose such things as free health care for much lower taxes and not paying for others healthcare.

144 posts, read 335,851 times
Quote:
By November Iraq should be in a mess again, gas will be $4 a gallon and the economy will be in the toilet- if my prayers are answered.

You are a great American

Old 03-07-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukePH View Post
You are a great American
My name is not Sean Hannity.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:00 PM

144 posts, read 335,851 times
Quote:
My name is not Sean Hannity.

I have plenty of names for you..would not insult Sean Hannity by putting him with some liberal nut job.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukePH View Post
I have plenty of names for you..would not insult Sean Hannity by putting him with some liberal nut job.
Sean Hannity is a nut job. Along with Rush Limball, Neal Boorts, Savage and all the rest of the screwballs.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:49 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Americans will be reminded how the Democrats made us think they would end the Iraq war when they got the majority in Congress. Obama and Hillary have both voted to continue that war. In that regard, they're all the same.
They voted to continue funding for the troops - big difference.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor92 View Post
Just to clarify, the article was written up by the Washing Times staff, but the polling numbers came from indepent polling agencies such as the Pew Research Center.

I think the crossover votes to McCain makes a lot of sense. If Hillary gets the nomination, there will be many people frustrated, thinking she stole it, thinking she's a devisive, dishonest "monster" who will come out solely to vote against her. Many African-Americans may also stay home thinking the Democrats have proven they don't stand with them. If Obama gets the nomination, just as you've heard in Hillary's recent speeches, McCain is sure to get some of those voters because of his experience (especially on national security issues), history of reaching across the aisle, and all the other things Sen Clinton has given him credit for that only she, and not Obama can compare to him on. He'll also get a lot of Reagan Democrats against either of them who are more fiscally conservate and tend to oppose such things as free health care for much lower taxes and not paying for others healthcare.
"National security" as an issue is way overblown. During the era of the USSR when we had an "enemy" that did really want to whup our asses, it was an important issue. Now the only people that care much about it are Republicans already. The rest of us do not even have it as a top issue and, try as they may, the Republicans are not going to convince people that a bunch of Arabs that live in caves in Afganistan are equal in threat to a nation like the USSR that had a thousand nuclear missles pointed at us for 40 years. McCain can try and ride that horse if he wants but that horse is more lame than McCain is!

Old 03-08-2008, 05:38 AM

And as for the "Reagan Democrats" and health care, many of them were young and healthy when Reagan ran. Now they are in their 50s, paying out the ass for coverage or doing without. And they are also not happy with McCain letting people sneak into the country to "steal their jobs" (their opinion, not mine).

Old 03-08-2008, 10:13 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Mccain comes out a head in foreign policy to both hillary and obama in very poll I have seen.Their will certainly be no health care pased if the economy is bad but then again it is not free to anyone unless you pay no taxes.Neither is a single payer plan.Both plans have premiums but they say they will be reduced by saving from a big plan. Clintons forces people to pay and join;Obama say that appox 15 million will not have to because they will decide it's too expensive.Baiscally it is very much like the federal employee plan and similar premiums.;deducables and co-pay also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections