Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:17 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
Honestly I don't know how anyone could be shocked by this quote or even deserves to be newsworthy...don't we all know by now, even the Hillary supporters, that she is a monster? An inhuman force to be reckoned with...and don't mess with it, or you will be crushed along the way.
Uh, no. You see, some of us are balanced individuals who live in the real world -- not that childish world in which people we like are the epitome of goodness and the people we don't like are bad "monsters."

Grow up, people. Do y'all REALIZE how stupid this "monster" stuff sounds? As much as many of us dislike and distrust Obama, have we called him names indicating he's sub-human, evil, etc.? Either stop the hyperbole or get psychiatric help. Seriously. This is why we think y'all have "drunk the Kool-Aid" and are weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 02:25 AM

607 posts, read 922,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Uh, no. You see, some of us are balanced individuals who live in the real world -- not that childish world in which people we like are the epitome of goodness and the people we don't like are bad "monsters."

Grow up, people. Do y'all REALIZE how stupid this "monster" stuff sounds? As much as many of us dislike and distrust Obama, have we called him names indicating he's sub-human, evil, etc.? Either stop the hyperbole or get psychiatric help. Seriously. This is why we think y'all have "drunk the Kool-Aid" and are weird.
LOL, actually, I think most people I walk by on the street, even the homeless, are generally "good." However, it seems completely obvious to me that something evil lurks beneath Hillary's surface.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:44 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
LOL, actually, I think most people I walk by on the street, even the homeless, are generally "good." However, it seems completely obvious to me that something evil lurks beneath Hillary's surface.
So you've met her, then. You know, spoken with her, gotten to know her, etc. Something that would qualify you to make such an incredible pronouncement? That "even the homeless" remark indicates that you don't consider them regular people, either.

As nasty, dark, and downright mean some of the things people here write can be, it's never occurred to me that any of these people are "monsters" or "evil." I would never call any human being "trash" and I have no respect for people who do.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:33 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
What on Earth are you talking about?

Clearly not the article
Ah, political amnesia. I'm talking 'bout Hillary's top priority and message - monsters. By all means take some sentences out of the context.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:35 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,273 times
I suppose it's a good thing she quit. She obviously doesn't represent Obama well.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:08 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I suppose it's a good thing she quit. She obviously doesn't represent Obama well.
Yep. However, she should have been fired. Waiting until she resigned doesn't bode well for his judgment skills.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:24 AM

775 posts, read 578,894 times
I think Obama, being the person he is, allowed her to "resign". I heartily believe had she not, he would have fired her. That is the way it's done in most places - saving face, though I think he would have looked better firing her.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:31 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,269,859 times
Quote:
The Times of London has the WHOLE quote from the Obama advisor and it's not pretty:

From The TimesMarch 8, 2008

"We f***** up in Ohio," she told the newspaper. "In Ohio, they are obsessed and Hillary is going to town on it, because she knows Ohio's the only place they can win.

"She is a monster, too – that is off the record – she is stooping to anything," Ms Power added. The newspaper described her as "hastily trying to withdraw her remark".

Obama aide Samantha Power quits over Hillary 'monster' gibe - Times Online

Clearly, this is one rattled campaign. It stinks that they felt they had to insult voters, too.
IAM AMAZED Obama didnt make a stand here; he lost a chance to say that he can be decisive and make better judgement !

By supporting Powers, shows that he will stand up for WOMEN !

Old 03-08-2008, 11:21 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Hmm...interesting. The campaign has outmaneuvered a veteran on every level, including fund raising, debates, voter registration and participation, money management, tenor as well as message. Even the press has clearly seen that Hillary is a negative candidate who cannot establish her credentials as far as experience, is divisive and has an eroding base of support. The opposition salivates at the opportunity to face her knowing she will not garner the broad based support of her party and will galvanize the opposition. When put in a position of power she was ostracized then stripped and eventually relieved of duty. What in clear terms makes her a strong candidate?

Obama is only now being looked at and it is
telling!!
the media has been asleep but it smells blood and is talking a look at Mr Obama
they are finally questioning him
he freaks out when confronted
do you really think he could come up against McCain once they get geared up??

There are many reasons why she is stronger and they have all been stated
would you really listen to them listed again??
I will tell you this if I were going to vote for Obama
I would want to know all I could about him
after all it will effect the country for at least 4 years
but I do not hear any Obama supporter wanting to hear anything about him except
"yes we can"
pitiful!!

Old 03-08-2008, 11:30 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flindras View Post
I think Obama, being the person he is, allowed her to "resign". I heartily believe had she not, he would have fired her. That is the way it's done in most places - saving face, though I think he would have looked better firing her.
let me get this right??
you are saying that this woman, according to Obama, spoke a way below the belt comment in an interview. He who promises will not play politics
and is above it all, then she goes on to call his PLATFORM of ending the war
not true and he is "waiting for her to resign" so she can "save face"
Please
if he was who he says he is he would have jumped on it and publicly
fired her butt
he would have given a flip about her face
What did he do??
HE BLAMED HILLARY!!
he is a jerk and is showing time after time he HAS NO JUDGEMENT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections