Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 10:02 AM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times

Advertisements

Approaching the election, when the volume of early mail in votes from Florida was publicized, all I heard on this forum was thread after tread of how those numbers, especially the volume from Miami-Dade made a Florida victory for Trump mathematically impossible.

Watching PBS coverage on election night, one aspect from Florida was mentioned that I did not see on any other news channel: Hispanic males in Miami-Dade did not vote Clinton and PBS speculated that it was due to sexism.

For all the members of the liberal community who feel that a large Hispanic electorate block equals a guaranteed Democrat win, that may not be the case if the candidate is female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 11:21 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Approaching the election, when the volume of early mail in votes from Florida was publicized, all I heard on this forum was thread after tread of how those numbers, especially the volume from Miami-Dade made a Florida victory for Trump mathematically impossible.
I tried to warn people on this front! http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...l#post46083223

Old 05-10-2017, 11:50 AM

10,725 posts, read 4,334,730 times
In 2020, I think Trump will have the biggest advantage anyone has ever had because he's giving America the biggest tax cuts of all-time.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:03 PM

33,311 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I don't think we can compare this election to any other. HRC and Trump were both brutally unpopular. The difference ended up being Trump was able to spike numbers among middle class and lower middle class white voters while Hillary literally bled support in comparison to previous Dem candidates. Obama did better among white women than Hillary did. And those wins in Colorado and New Mexico were as much about demographics as Clinton. I tend to believe the Nevada win was based on Harry Reid organizing the heck out of that state. Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania were probably due to Team Clinton's political malpractice. You can't blame misogyny since those three have all elected women state wide- Wisconsin even elected a openly lesbian candidate to the US Senate. And all three vote for a black guy with an Arab sounding name twice.

For all the talk of identity politics, Clinton's biggest failures where in the AA community and among younger voters.

In the end Rs have to hope that Trump can maneuver the river at the end of a poker game again in 2020 and Dems have to hope Clinton doesn't run again in 2020- and 2024- and 2028...
Someone should print out this your post of yours and keep leaving it next to/under/wrapped around Hillary's bottle of hot sauce until convinced she has read the post .

Old 05-16-2017, 10:43 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
All this slicing and dicing is meaningless, and, as we used to say, like trying to pick the fly s**t out of the pepper. Donald Trump won because of, well, Hillary.

Mahalo
Hoot

Old 05-16-2017, 05:59 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
All this slicing and dicing is meaningless, and, as we used to say, like trying to pick the fly s**t out of the pepper. Donald Trump won because of, well, Hillary.

Mahalo
Hoot
Yep, the Democratic Party served Trump the win on a silver platter!

Hillary Clinton had offended a LOT of blacks and was talking amnesty for illegals, another thorn in the side of unemployed and underemployed blacks. So, it really didn't take a lot of study of demographics to nail how this would look in the end. People just let the clutter of nonsense news cloud their judgement.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:09 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
those who don't vote are rarely politically relevant.
I know that. I was talking about anyone who considers Blacks to be politically irrelevant, but then will turn around and complain about who Blacks vote for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections