U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:09 AM

3,937 posts, read 1,200,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
And so we see the elitists are still amongst us.
TIL that knowing things is elitist.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:14 AM

10,113 posts, read 12,348,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Agree how can we tell this to the many uneducated black and Hispanic voters that's Democrat?
As long as they vote democratic they be educated by definition!

Old 05-12-2017, 09:27 AM

34,991 posts, read 32,020,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
the poor come in all shades, their common problem is poverty. White people are the major listeners of talk radio. Certainly not the immigrants.
And indeed talk radio is definitely racist.
This sounds as logical as a monty python skit.

How do you know she's a witch, cause she looks like one.. oh and she floats...like wood...therefor..

Old 05-12-2017, 09:53 AM

3,871 posts, read 1,903,519 times
Quote:
Lack of understanding of social theory on topics such as feminism, racism and economics, progressive taxation leads to the poor and uneducated voting against their own best interests. They look at such theories with contempt because think it is elitist when actually they explain their condition and what social policy will help them.
What are you talking about? The Democrat base in uneducated and poor and votes overwhelmingly Democrat. Only 6 - 8% vote Republican and that's like the ethanol-water equilibrium level: you can't do better.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:11 AM

9,898 posts, read 3,257,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Wow, you are a member of the elite, I'm impressed.
this is exactly the problem, when faced with reality, you reach for the handy dandy "elite"... i guess you got tired of "entitled'...

why not try to actually rebut the poster.

The OP postulates that poor education (not low IQ but education) leads people to making poor choices.

I would go further and say. It is the lack of strong critical thinking skills, early indoctrination and gross manipulation of emotions that has voters literally voting against their own interests.

I believe the OP is completely correct. The real question we should be discussing though is how do we get Americans to stop voting for the top few percent.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:11 AM

2,789 posts, read 1,003,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
this is exactly the problem, when faced with reality, you reach for the handy dandy "elite"... i guess you got tired of "entitled'...

why not try to actually rebut the poster.

The OP postulates that poor education (not low IQ but education) leads people to making poor choices.

I would go further and say. It is the lack of strong critical thinking skills, early indoctrination and gross manipulation of emotions that has voters literally voting against their own interests.

I believe the OP is completely correct. The real question we should be discussing though is how do we get Americans to stop voting for the top few percent.
Who exactly is voting against one's interests? I have yet to see a cogent argument for the open borders crowd as to why that stance makes sense, or what is so special about the illegals that makes it OK for them to cut to the front of the line when in fact we have a legal process that lets in more than a million legal immigrants a year. I would posit that it is the liberals who are voting against their interests in favor of diverting endless billions into entitlements for illegals. They are voting on emotion rather than logic. They are supporting the interests of the top few percent for cheap labor rather than the interests of the majority. They are letting themselves be useful tools for the elite.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:15 AM

17,885 posts, read 17,756,963 times
Quote:
Lack of understanding of social theory on topics such as feminism, racism and economics, progressive taxation leads to the poor and uneducated voting against their own best interests. They look at such theories with contempt because think it is elitist when actually they explain their condition and what social policy will help them.
You mean like the millions of illegals? Democrats want to take away all accountability, so all the illegals can vote in our elections. Crazy

Old 05-12-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Who exactly is voting against one's interests? I have yet to see a cogent argument for the open borders crowd as to why that stance makes sense, or what is so special about the illegals that makes it OK for them to cut to the front of the line when in fact we have a legal process that lets in more than a million legal immigrants a year. I would posit that it is the liberals who are voting against their interests in favor of diverting endless billions into entitlements for illegals. They are voting on emotion rather than logic. They are supporting the interests of the top few percent for cheap labor rather than the interests of the majority. They are letting themselves be useful tools for the elite.

let us get one thing clear. the only people who believe that democrats support "open borders" are the same people who are fooled by Trump.

Most GOP supporters know very well democrats do not support open borders in any way shape or form.
In fact what you have done is made my point. your post shows you have not bothered to actually learn what the democrat party platform is. You are ignoring Obama tightening the border, deporting mass volumes of poeple and OBAMA introducing the toughest vetting program in the history of the united states.

You have proven exactly what I said. Your might be very bright, but you are clearly low information. you clearly did not put in time to learn about the "oppo" and instead have just regurgitated Trump's carefully crafted easy to understand soundbite. Open Border.

The dems stand for strong borders and humane treatment of those already here. Obama deported many more people than Bush, so many that the numbers crossing into the USA have declined over his 8 years.

Quote:
"What people don't know is that Obama got tremendous numbers of people out of the country. Bush, the same thing. Lots of people were brought out of the country with the existing laws. Well, I'm going to do the same thing," Trump said last week to Fox News' Bill O'Reilly.
Obama's Enforcement Of Immigration Laws: 5 Things To Know : NPR
Obama was often called the deporter in chief, and we can argue all day as to if that was true. But what we know it that OBAMA did not support open borders and that he turned away /deported more people than Bush. pretty simple really.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
You mean like the millions of illegals? Democrats want to take away all accountability, so all the illegals can vote in our elections. Crazy
made up story , you can prove nothing. I would love you to try so that i could publicly crush your attempts to .

But i know you will not, like most Trump supporters you will run off to the next thread and avoid fact based discussion.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:36 AM

19,186 posts, read 14,973,347 times
Quote:
Yes, another reason to be thankful for the way the elections work with the electoral college in place. It saved us from the tragedy that would have resulted if those poor and uneducated voters had their way and gave Hillary the election. But, don't forget the illegal aliens and their impact on that popular vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or