U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 02:04 PM

2,607 posts, read 834,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Agree how can we tell this to the many uneducated black and Hispanic voters that's Democrat?

Or those truck driving rednecks who voted for the current resident.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:38 PM

506 posts, read 258,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacewarrior99 View Post
Yes! That's that I'm trying to say to. People that went to college think they are fancy and better. They drive around in their fancy cars and have 2 houses. Some others barely make it.

****! I missed out apparently. I'm a college graduate but I drive a 10 year old 4 door sedan and only RENT one house. I'm not fancy either, maybe that comes later?

Old 05-10-2017, 03:40 PM

4,491 posts, read 1,660,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Lack of understanding of social theory on topics such as feminism, racism and economics, progressive taxation leads to the poor and uneducated voting against their own best interests. They look at such theories with contempt because think it is elitist when actually they explain their condition and what social policy will help them.
Let's not forget the value in understanding the role of government and your own principles. Poor people can be libertarians too and if you want to pass legislation on say, healthcare, you may be better off worrying more about what your representative thinks about healthcare than what the president thing. Ultimately yes, having the president on board makes it easier to pass, but the role of the president is not to legislate. Social theory won't teach you that.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:42 PM

506 posts, read 258,656 times
Quote:
I meant those ones that are rich and greedy. I clean house for a few of them. Have to clean 8 hours and I get only $100. At least it is cash. Point is they think they are better.

Good lord. You almost trolled me in....almost.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:45 PM

16,812 posts, read 11,748,622 times
Quote:
Lack of understanding of social theory on topics such as feminism, racism and economics, progressive taxation leads to the poor and uneducated voting against their own best interests. They look at such theories with contempt because think it is elitist when actually they explain their condition and what social policy will help them.
that's why the media exists, to educate the public thru thorough questioning politicians. Unfortunately the media/press decided that being a propaganda machine for obama was more profitable.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:46 PM

13,355 posts, read 7,339,941 times
Quote:
I meant those ones that are rich and greedy. I clean house for a few of them. Have to clean 8 hours and I get only $100. At least it is cash. Point is they think they are better.
At least you're reporting the income.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:14 PM

22,559 posts, read 16,711,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
You might need to reread the OP...

Bad school choices and a bad education system that tend to push a leftist agenda have not helped with this problem. That being said, every American citizen has the right to vote regardless of their education. I myself am not "elite" but I know what I personally believe.

The problem is people are more concerned about their own party than the country, we all are guilty of this. Some on the left seem to be happy when the country is not doing well just because it hurts Trump and the Republicans and might help the Democrats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
As opposed to the right making rich old white guys richer, at the expense of working people and women.

When they named it the Grand OLD Party, they were not kidding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Explain how you never had a chance to get an education
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Democrats in the past truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those democrats of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either being displaced in the workforce or were seeing their wages depressed due to illegal aliens. And those democrats of yore would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty either. Today's democrats put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens.

Democrats were once all for ZPG. Some liberals were so concerned about overpopulation that they chose not to have children. Today's democrats wring their hands over the environment but will fight against reducing the number of legal immigrants allowed in on an annual basis. They also fight hard against deporting illegals.

I was once a staunch democrat for the above reasons^^^^. We could count on democrats to not allow illegal aliens to displace Americans in the workforce or have Americans' wages depressed over that. Just as we could count on them when it came to protecting the environment and quality of life. Somewhere along the line the democrats did a 180. Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time democrats could be counted on to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You could have gotten your GED, at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Going to college never gave anyone common sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, it's Societies fault, not yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
****! I missed out apparently. I'm a college graduate but I drive a 10 year old 4 door sedan and only RENT one house. I'm not fancy either, maybe that comes later?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
At least you're reporting the income.
Guys. Seriously. When you hear something ridiculous, what should be the first thing that you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
Good lord. You almost trolled me in....almost.
THANK GOD someone figured it out besides myself.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:21 PM

77,897 posts, read 33,233,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
THANK GOD someone figured it out besides myself.
Quote:

I didn't get to go to college I mean. Had to drop out of high school in 11th grade because I got in trouble if you know what I mean
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trolling?

Old 05-10-2017, 07:07 PM

3,036 posts, read 1,698,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Agree how can we tell this to the many uneducated black and Hispanic voters that's Democrat?
The Democratic platform actually is already based on progressive ideas of health care as a right, investment in education, the arts, equal wage, increased minimum wage, progressive taxation for all. What they still need is not have their voting rights impinged.

It is the rural and poor whites that we need to reach for them to understand that by voting for the Republican party they are causing immeasurable harm to themselves and their children, while enriching the rich with tax breaks that comes out of their own healthcare funds. It is the poor whites who look at college education with fear and loathing, and fail to understand that it is from the universities and research that social reforms and tax policies come. They look at technical jargon that is is inaccessible to them due to lack of education and brain washing by the GOP.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:12 PM

77,897 posts, read 33,233,798 times
Quote:
The Democratic platform actually is already based on progressive ideas of health care as a right, investment in education, the arts, equal wage, increased minimum wage, progressive taxation for all. What they still need is not have their voting rights impinged.
What they need to do is actually do these things.

Quote:
It is the rural and poor whites that we need to reach for them to understand that by voting for the Republican party they are causing immeasurable harm to themselves and their children, while enriching the rich with tax breaks that comes out of their own healthcare funds. It is the poor whites who look at college education with fear and loathing, and fail to understand that it is from the universities and research that social reforms and tax policies come. They look at technical jargon that is is inaccessible to them due to lack of education and brain washing by the GOP.

Budget Deal Makes Permanent 82 Percent of President Bush

Making a killing under Obamacare: The ACA gets blamed for rising premiums, while insurance companies are reaping massive profits - Salon.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or