Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 04:32 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,288,468 times

Advertisements

Not sure what this is about, but thought it was interesting.

Quote:
Strategic Campaign Group's national clients include the Tea Party and the Conservative Majority Fund. The local client lists include House Minority Leader Nic Kipke, and Delegate Pat McDonough used the firm while running for Congress. According to McDonough, the company did work for Gov. Larry Hogan and the GOP caucus.

None of the building tenants, which include Annapolis lobbyists, said they know what the search is about. In addition, the office building neighbors also said they don't know why the FBI is interested in the office.

The firm has been sued, and has been questioned by the Federal Election Commission concerning money raised by a political action committee linked to the firm that has been accused of using candidates' names to raise money without their permission.
FBI Searching Annapolis Fundraising Firm | WBAL Radio 1090 AM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 07:00 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,605,436 times
Until I see it from a real paper, I will hold back.

This may be the tip of the spear. It looks like the republican party was laundering money for the Russians & taking money from them.

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/11/...e-against-gop/

Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House, normally third in the line of succession, I can report as fact that sources say that Ryan has been legally intercepted, and is on tape, admitting that he knew Russian money was being laundered into the Republican party. Without co-operation pending resignation Ryan may find himself swept up into a RICO prosecution involving the apparatus of the Republican party who accepted laundered Russian money.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:08 AM

4,515 posts, read 2,519,632 times
It was a scam company taking money from some republicans to do campaign material. Not russia related. Basically scamming republicans out of money. Already been sued by several republicans candidates.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:47 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Until I see it from a real paper, I will hold back.

This may be the tip of the spear. It looks like the republican party was laundering money for the Russians & taking money from them.

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/11/...e-against-gop/

Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House, normally third in the line of succession, I can report as fact that sources say that Ryan has been legally intercepted, and is on tape, admitting that he knew Russian money was being laundered into the Republican party. Without co-operation pending resignation Ryan may find himself swept up into a RICO prosecution involving the apparatus of the Republican party who accepted laundered Russian money.
With so much dark money floating around in politics, it wouldn't surprise me if some of it was laundered.

And using carefully hidden PACs for laundering could also kill 2 birds with one stone.
Dropping some big money on a candidate who could protect a criminal activity once in office could be money well spent for the crooks, especially if it's next to impossible to trace.

The current laws are written as to allow any group to support any candidate, whether the candidate approves of them or not.
I'm sure the Supreme Court didn't realize the possibility of money laundering when they made that decision, but it wouldn't be the first time unforeseen consequences arose from a SCOTUS decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections