Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 09:12 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,884,729 times

Advertisements

Liberals, SJWs, and all the looneys in the left created a lot of new Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 09:17 AM

8,423 posts, read 4,474,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

That was rejected by 31 states and a solid majority of the EC a few months ago.
Which was not even a plurality on election day.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:31 AM

10,194 posts, read 6,259,560 times
The fastest growing Political Party is NO Party Affiliation. Maybe Trump is creating more Independents?

Old 05-15-2017, 11:38 AM

77,931 posts, read 60,105,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
This could work in the opposite way also if Trump became a political embarrassment which he is on his way to doing. Who can take his word for anything? He changes his mind every hour on a subject.
Anyone that takes ANY politicians word for something is a fool.

We'll have to see how Trump actually does, how the economy is doing etc.

Trump is a brash, unpolished liar. Hillary is a smooth, experienced polished liar. Honestly, which is worse? At least Trumps crap is easier to spot lol.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:42 AM

77,931 posts, read 60,105,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The fastest growing Political Party is NO Party Affiliation. Maybe Trump is creating more Independents?
I think that was a rare bi-partisan effort given the choice between him and Hillary.

A lot of democrats and republicans felt abandoned by their party so much so that Trump played the outsider card all the way to the oval office.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:28 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,384,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I'm confident that Obama made many, many more Republicans than Trump could ever dream of making. One of the very few things Obama excelled at was converting voters to the Republican Party. That and making sure Democrats got fired.
I generally agree. The far left shift of the national Democrats on social issues is the main reason why the GOP is doing so well when demographic change should be sending them out to pasture. I still support most Democrat positions but can no longer vote for national Democrats. I voted Gary Johnson and local Democrats. Hillary represented the SJWs and Wall Street Liberals that I think ruined my party.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:53 PM

33,833 posts, read 16,846,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
I find it amazing how poorly educated the mainstream media are.
They are blissfully unaware that they're making Trump the victim, and winning him even more support than he had in 2016.
And the mainstream media were already seen as a bully and public enemy, even before Trump came along.
The mainstream media have given up trying to appeal to the public, and are on a suicidal bender.
They were instrumental in MAGA by helping Trump via their DNC/HRC bias.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:55 PM

33,833 posts, read 16,846,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Which was not even a plurality on election day.
Wrong. It was a plurality of EC votes. News Flash: That is what elects POTUS for centuries on end now.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:23 AM

194 posts, read 280,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
I find it amazing how poorly educated the mainstream media are.
They are blissfully unaware that they're making Trump the victim, and winning him even more support than he had in 2016.
And the mainstream media were already seen as a bully and public enemy, even before Trump came along.
The mainstream media have given up trying to appeal to the public, and are on a suicidal bender.

They just live in a bubble where everyone has the exact same politcal opinions as them so they thinks everyone else in the country has those opinions. What I find distributing is how down right hateful and disrespectful CNN is becoming towards Conservatives. They are also extremely disrespectful to the Administration. Can you imagine the melt down which would have occurred if someone from FOX spoke to a Female Obama Aide the way that Anderson Copper spoke to Kellyann Conway?

Old 05-17-2017, 02:04 AM

29,452 posts, read 16,378,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Nancy Pelosi is not the speaker. She was appropriately FIRED from that position many years ago.
That didnt actually address the content of my post, which was her being in party leadership.

but to move the conversation along ; She "was" speaker .

Can you respond to the topic now ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies