U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 06:57 AM

11,543 posts, read 8,091,811 times

Advertisements

I think Trump might be a fluke. He was the right man at the right time with the right message.
Many felt that Obama and his cronies were driving the country off a cliff and the only thing that Hillary offered was a tap of the brakes but no change in direction.

Trump has been doing some nutty things but it is the media that is hyping his stumbling to outrageous proportions and spreading fear which bubbles to hatred.

There are many people out there that silently support Trump and they are silent because of the atmosphere of hate that has been created by the media and they are afraid of actual violence.

I drove by a house last week that was flying a Trump flag and a 2' by 4' Trump sign attached to the house. My first thought was "that homeowner is brave to make such a stand" my second thought was "I wonder how often that sign gets egged."

If the media treated Trump like they treated Obama (with kid gloves) his approval ratings would be much better.

Love, Loathe or Lump Trump he is our President at least for the next 4 years and we would all be better off to work with him and not against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 08:25 AM

18,556 posts, read 7,181,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Bob You are implying 100 million of your fellow Americans are stupid creatures? .
The ones who fail to understand they need the Rust Belt EC votes are stupid. That is correct.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:30 AM

26,995 posts, read 15,603,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think Trump might be a fluke. He was the right man at the right time with the right message.
Many felt that Obama and his cronies were driving the country off a cliff and the only thing that Hillary offered was a tap of the brakes but no change in direction.

Trump has been doing some nutty things but it is the media that is hyping his stumbling to outrageous proportions and spreading fear which bubbles to hatred.

There are many people out there that silently support Trump and they are silent because of the atmosphere of hate that has been created by the media and they are afraid of actual violence.

I drove by a house last week that was flying a Trump flag and a 2' by 4' Trump sign attached to the house. My first thought was "that homeowner is brave to make such a stand" my second thought was "I wonder how often that sign gets egged."

If the media treated Trump like they treated Obama (with kid gloves) his approval ratings would be much better.

Love, Loathe or Lump Trump he is our President at least for the next 4 years and we would all be better off to work with him and not against.
I agree with most of this but Trump I can't work with a traitor to the country. I call it right now, the Democrats will have the White House in 2020. Pence is too Christian conservative and whomever is running whether Pence or whoever the Republicans come with will be in the unenviable spot McCain was in 2008 when he had to run against Bush policy on top of Democratic policy. This time, it will be Trump. This was a big reason why Ford lost.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:14 PM

7,187 posts, read 2,725,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I don't see anyone on the left making positive moves toward the next election yet. They still aren't listening to why this happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
They are stupid creatures.
So, what y'all are suggesting is that the democrats aren't studying the situation and are incapable of ever overcoming the... what?... that ended up with trump getting elected. Perhaps you are both wrong. Perhaps someone who takes a measured and thoughtful approach to the next election will emerge as a candidate. It is, after all, only 100-some days into the new administration and there is lots of time left. We shouldn't expect a big rush of ill-considered candidates (like, ummm... 17 or so?) Only time will tell.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:28 PM

14,459 posts, read 22,290,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
ht

right along with trump wont run, trump cant win the primary, trump cant with the general election etc.
Yup.

They are manufacturing that news hard though, gotta give them credit for that.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:53 PM

13,049 posts, read 4,407,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The past 4 months have felt like 4 years to the entire nation. Trump may be able to keep up his constant tornado, but the country can't take it for much longer. This situation is simply un-sustainable.
The ONLY thing unsustainable are all the lies coming from the media and the Left. In due time it will all come crashing down and every lie is exposed for what it is and where it originated. It WILL happen, you wait and see.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:14 PM

7,217 posts, read 4,366,986 times
Seems like every time I hear someone complain about the media making up lies about Trump, Trump tweets out confirmation that the media was telling the truth. Some recent notable lies by the media were that Trump fired Comey because of the Russian investigation and that Trump gave information to the Russians that he should not have given out.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:30 PM

34,932 posts, read 19,075,843 times
That darn media...

It must be their fault that tRump is failing.

Reporting on tRump's actions and then having the gall to show video of him saying what he says.

After all, the whole government is set up for tRump to roll a strike. Instead, he's done nothing but throw gutterballs. And blame everyone around him and the press for his failures.

Compare and contrast.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:39 PM

18,556 posts, read 7,181,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
So, what y'all are suggesting is that the democrats aren't studying the situation and are incapable of ever overcoming the... what?...
DNC strategy of hating wwc (deplorables comment, Schumer "We'll add 3 educated Pa folk for each 1 wwc we lose", Clinton's "Gonna kill lots of coal jobs") has not been internalized as a terrible strategy. By now, DNC should be on a Rust Belt/wwc apology tour, formally denounce TPP, formally call for better terms of NAFTA, formally call for new terms from WTO when China manipulates currency, etc

No Rust Belt = No Democratic path to 270

Old 05-17-2017, 02:45 PM

21,114 posts, read 14,175,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No they haven't. Try sticking your head outside your bubble. You'd think after losing the presidency, losing 1,000+ seats across the country, losing most governors offices, most state Senates and Houses that liberals would get it through their heads that half the country doesn't think like they do and never will.
Oh, my head is in no bubble, that's for sure. I'm fully aware of all you said.

but I've been around for a while, and have seen other times like this, in both parties. Whenever one becomes dominant, they always think they've finally won it all at last and things will stay winners for them forever.

What usually follows is a quick and brutal reversal of their gains. And then it all starts over again once more. As often as not, the President is the one person who starts the sudden downfall.

Not always, but often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or