Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:35 AM

21 posts, read 59,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpitts View Post
I dislike him because his fix for everything is more government. The government needs to take care us is his primary belief. What ever happened to "Ask not what your country could do for you, but what you could do for your country." We need less government, less taxes, more freedom.

I tend to lean more towards the republican side myself. However, I can not help feeling like more and more of our rights are being taken away from us everyday. I would love to hear straight out from both cannidates in a list formation how they plan on changing and improving our country, but then reality sinks in--this is politics! I do think foreign policy is a huge issue, but neither cannidate convinces me that they have a solid position in this area. We will never see less taxes from either Obama or McCain because imposing more tax is how they "fix" everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 01:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,190 times
Default Obama

why are people so blind about Obama. Is it just the fact that he is democrate???? Wrong person to be president. Think People President Obama.....muslin name for a president.....never thought I would live to see this happen.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:14 AM

571 posts, read 850,747 times
I am sorry John McCain was right today

There is no reason to fear Obama there just is a difference of positions on issues

After today John McCain has gained the respect of many Dems and Independents
although he lost support from the radicle right wing he has gained respect of me and i would gladly elect him as anything but President

Old 10-11-2008, 01:20 AM

31 posts, read 54,103 times
Default Obama's wife hates America

She wrote a thesis for Princeton University and it was released earlier than expected. In this thesis she stated that America is a nation founded on crime and hatred. She stated that whites in America are ineradicably racist. She stated that there is no doubt in her mind that as a member of the black community she is obligated to that community and will utilize all of her present and future resources to benefit the black community first and formost. Our income tax was much higher when Clinton was in office then it is now. We need to get rid of the Democratic Congress because they are a problem for the economy. Obama told the leader of Iran that when he is elected he will take care of things. It looks like Obama is trying to be planted in the White House just like those airline pilots were planted in those airliners. If you are on the fence then vote Republican before this country goes down hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-11-2008, 01:23 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,382,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Because his level of dignity, character, depth, and versatility is unrecognizable by the uneducated. These are people who can only understand Hillary's simple-minded rhetoric, empty promises, hollow presentation, and meaningless "experience."
You do know this thread is about Obama right?
Because he is none of dignity, character, depth, and versatility is unrecognizable by the uneducated. Um No repeat after me I will not be brainwashed anymore............. I will not be a sheeple.............
I will read and seek out answers for the truth...............

Old 10-11-2008, 01:26 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,287,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachellancome01 View Post
why are people so blind about Obama. Is it just the fact that he is democrate???? Wrong person to be president. Think People President Obama.....muslin name for a president.....never thought I would live to see this happen.
I never knew how prejudice people were about someone's religion until now. These comments frequently don't get challenged. I have not seen one Republican say this type of thinking is unacceptable except for McCain which is ironic. Anyway, back to this topic, I notice 90% of the responses are from Repubs. I thought this thread was directed at Democrats that don't support Obama. I guess there were so few of them that the Repubs felt the need to "puff" up the number of responses with their drivel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections