Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Will Will Handel or Ossoff???
Ossoff Wins 13 18.84%
Handel Wins 56 81.16%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 09:21 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,586,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. I will blame no one. [b]Im pretty happy with the results. This has been a Republican district for decades. The fact that Ossof even came close pretty much spells the doom of the GOP majority in 2018. LOL. Its all good.

Wait for actual competitive races, and we will see how it goes. The swings in the results do not bode well for Republicans.
lol I knew it would come to this. Theyll say they did good in a republication stronghold as a method of backpedaling.
the amount they spent their goal was to win and they LOST.

I think thats 5-0 so far since Trump got in, yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 09:22 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,741,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I hope she does a great job. Am I angry that a Republican won? Not at all. Why not? Because she's experienced, probably at least somewhat honest, and not batcrap crazy like Trump is. Having ideological differences is not a huge issue if the politician is a competent one.
She hates gays, supports destroying healthcare, opposes people actually having a living wage, and rejects climate change.

She, like almost all Republicans, is an evil woman. But that's what Republican voters like. They hate Republican policies, but continue to elect people that destroy their lives year after year.

This country will never survive when most states are dominated by morons.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:24 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,097,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Final margins of victory for GOP in two races

5.4 pts GA
3.2 pts SC

Previous margins of victory 7 months ago
23.4 and 20.5 points.

Both districts moved more than 15 points to the Democrats. If the national vote did that you would have something like 350 Democrats in the House. Democrats were competitive in suburban Georgia, after just five months of Trump.
And look how much money was required to do that.

In total, his campaign raked in $15 million from March 29 to May 31, for a total of over $23 million — a haul that has made this the most expensive House race in U.S. history.

Jon Ossoff: more money raised from California than Georgia

If you're going to have to spend $23 Million per seat and still lose, you're not going to do very well.

6,542 posts, read 6,698,615 times
BTW....Trump won this district by just 1.5%. She has won by about 4-5%. This vote reversed the Trump vote & moved the trend more to the GOP. That's what almost 40 million dollars purchased the democratic party....nothing.

18,073 posts, read 18,742,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Georgia congressional candidate Jon Ossoff, who’s turned his special election race next week into a referendum on President Donald Trump, reported receiving almost as much money from the Bay Area than from the entire state of Georgia over the last two months. He also reported receiving almost nine times as many individual donations from California than from Georgia, according to federal campaign finance data released last week.

Jon Ossoff: more money raised from California than Georgia

How is this not meddling in the election?

That's no different than foreign influence.

We need to get my Constitutional Amendment enacted:

Only those persons eligible to vote for a candidate or ballot issue may contribute money to a candidate or ballot issue.

Elegantly simple.

Understand that this will not keep pukes like George Soros from contributing money, but it will severely limit and restrict to whom they give money.

This would limit Soros et al to presidential elections, senatorial and gubernatorial elections in the State in which one is legally registered to vote, federal representatives to the federal district in which a voter resides, State legislators in the State district in which one resides, county elections to the county in which one resides and local government to the city or township one resides.

Since people in California cannot legally vote in Georgia, they would be barred from contributing monies.

Note that since corporations, businesses, banks, unions, think-tanks and political action committees cannot vote, they cannot contribute monies to candidates or ballot issues.

It would still allow the fore-going to run television, radio and print ads, but the ads could not be endorsed by the candidate.
Agree 100%.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:26 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,991,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
lol I knew it would come to this. Theyll say they did good in a republication stronghold as a method of backpedaling.
the amount they spent their goal was to win and they LOST.

I think thats 5-0 so far since Trump got in, yes?
Actually 6-0 I think.

14,361 posts, read 9,762,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Yes, juppiter - you nailed it on every count. I'm not even a Republican but at this point what the h*ll do Democrats even stand for that isn't fabricated, insinuated, fake, manipulated or contrived.

Really, what do they stand for that is REAL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Open borders, violence against Republicans and Conservatives, income redistribution, surrender to world globalists.
...the party of Wall Street, huge corporations, Hollywood millionaires, and dirty politics using the MSM propaganda machine.

There, fixed it up a bit

Main street/blue collar workers and mom and pop businesses are sick of it!

The Dems are living in a bubble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Delusional post of the day, week, year, whatever. Just wait...I'll tell you. Just wait until next year.
What, you guys are going to vote again to destroy your own lives and continue driving this country into the ground? Have fun with that. Red state voters are the ones who suffer the most under Republican policies, so I'm starting to enjoy watching you guys shoot yourselves in the foot.

I've already settled on the fact that his country is no longer a 1st world leader among nations and becomes a bigger cesspool everyday. Might as well hurry with the collapse and maybe we'll reach Russia status soon.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:27 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,862,155 times
Told ya Ossoff wasn't gonna win. Those 11 that thought he could, be prepared for another loss or non-win in 2018

Old 06-20-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Handel beat his Ossoff.

It is a historical loss too. Most expensive congressional race ever. Just like Hillary and her billion bucks.
How is it a historical loss? The seat has been held by a Republican for 40 years. I mean, it's freakin Georgia. Redneck, white trash morons go with the territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections