U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2017, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
321 posts, read 118,068 times
Reputation: 100

Advertisements

Bruce rauner governor of illinois has low approval ratings, as bad as the new jersey governor, I do not see the gop holding the government mansion in illinois ..The Republican governors of MD MA and VT are popular, more are deep blue states then anything can happen.NM and NV with sandoval and martinez out .... is a sure shot for the Democrats.

 
Old 06-04-2017, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
321 posts, read 118,068 times
Reputation: 100
Many of these Republican governors in the blue states have a facility in reneging on the party and working more in favor of the Democrats than of the Republicans ... both Baker and Sandoval, Hogan, Rauner ... did not advance a republican politic in all that time they had to Front of the government mansion ... Sandoval had a majority in both houses.
 
Old 06-04-2017, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,170 posts, read 11,433,489 times
Reputation: 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Most analysts report, every election, starts with around 95% of House seats safe. Most are not close contests.

That isn't going to change.

It will get worse for Dems simply due to census in a few years, and every ten thereafter due to population shifts.


There is no rainbow on the horizon for Democrats. That would take returning to be the party of Truman, a/k/a Mainstream American values. Not fringe .00001% groups, while ignoring the masses.
Census change will help Dems, not hurt them.

Right now, you have a bunch of under populated northern seats and over populated southern seats, eventually, you guys will have to start creating suburban districts like in Florida and Texas

Instead of Democrats having 15% of the seats in a state, they will go up to 30%.

mean while, Republicans will lose ground in those Northern States

There was already a thread on this, but this will help

Census Data Shed Light on 2020 Redistricting | RealClearPolitics
 
Old 06-04-2017, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,170 posts, read 11,433,489 times
Reputation: 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Hillary Clinton said the DNC doesn't have any money. I think that was reason number 5,768 why she lost. She had to throw her own money in. Maybe she can adopt some of them.

But seriously, I want to primary out the incumbent Republicans but I'm not inclined to replace them with other lawyers.
You could argue that it is a reason she lost, but it is more so why some down ballot Dems lost. People seem to forget that congressmen tend to share the wealth and get each other elected either with PAC money or with National Committee donations. (DSCC, DCCC same from the republican side)

If Dems had less money to share because Berniecrats decided to donate directly to candidates, then that is a factor.
 
Old 06-05-2017, 06:09 AM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,275,573 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Census change will help Dems, not hurt them.

Right now, you have a bunch of under populated northern seats and over populated southern seats, eventually, you guys will have to start creating suburban districts like in Florida and Texas

Instead of Democrats having 15% of the seats in a state, they will go up to 30%.

mean while, Republicans will lose ground in those Northern States

There was already a thread on this, but this will help

Census Data Shed Light on 2020 Redistricting | RealClearPolitics
Do you liberals ever get tired of being wrong about elections and demographics?
 
Old 06-05-2017, 01:02 PM
 
6,854 posts, read 2,450,072 times
Reputation: 3448
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Do you liberals ever get tired of being wrong about elections and demographics?
No, because unless something radically changes over the long term, they won't be.
 
Old 06-05-2017, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,364 posts, read 6,138,530 times
Reputation: 11194
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
Many of these Republican governors in the blue states have a facility in reneging on the party and working more in favor of the Democrats than of the Republicans ... both Baker and Sandoval, Hogan, Rauner ... did not advance a republican politic in all that time they had to Front of the government mansion ... Sandoval had a majority in both houses.
From what I understand, Sandoval only had a narrow majority in one house. And when we start talking about narrow GOP majorities, we see how difficult things are to get accomplished (just look at the US Senate now). So I give some of these governors a "pass" of sorts. Now, if it turns out that they weren't even trying, that's a completely different story!
 
Old 06-05-2017, 04:02 PM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,275,573 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
No, because unless something radically changes over the long term, they won't be.
It happened. Trump won. The liberal plan of importing millions of illegals into the country to swing elections has been foiled.
 
Old 06-05-2017, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,170 posts, read 11,433,489 times
Reputation: 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Do you liberals ever get tired of being wrong about elections and demographics?
So you think population density favors republicans ?????

Please explain that argument.
 
Old 06-05-2017, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,170 posts, read 11,433,489 times
Reputation: 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It happened. Trump won. The liberal plan of importing millions of illegals into the country to swing elections has been foiled.
No one is talking about illegals, we are talking about population trends, specifically in places like the South and Mountain West.

Cook PVI lays it out for you.

When Arizona got another congressional district in 2012, they didnt gain a Republican seat, that seat is Democratic. D+4 to be exact.

Nevada,Florida, Colorado, Georgia, even Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top