U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-15-2017, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,230 posts, read 14,256,943 times
Reputation: 15725

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Sounds like McSally doesn't have the guts to back her party or the President who leads it. Another Republican that needs to grow a spine or be defeated.
I doubt that 'growing a spine', at least when it comes to defending a failing President, is something any smart politician will do if it means losing come November.

Given our national tendency to find our own guys just fine, while the guys from other states are the real wimps, not ours, never ours, I don't think there are very many incumbent Republicans who feel threatened right now.

And by November, 2018, the bloom on Trump's rose could be well faded. Since the Republicans don't owe the man a thing, it might not harm any of them a bit to denounce Trump.

A pirate may be well loved until his nature turns on those who love him. Then, all that love can get the pirate hanged very quickly. Trump loves being a pirate more than he loves you, phma. That's the way it is with pirates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2017, 12:22 AM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
8,754 posts, read 4,028,907 times
Reputation: 7485
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

And by November, 2018, the bloom on Trump's rose could be well faded. Since the Republicans don't owe the man a thing, it might not harm any of them a bit to denounce Trump.
This really depends on how things go. The Russia thing is starting to fade a bit. While I don't think there is absolutely nothing to that, I don't think it will be enough to get Trump. However, if he doesn't start acting like a President soon, eventually congress will find something to get him with. There has to be a line with many of what I call "soft" Trump supporters. Those who support him overall but are a bit concerned about some things and with enough evidence, might be able to be convinced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2017, 02:25 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,964 posts, read 10,749,411 times
Reputation: 7242
Martha McSally is everything that I hate about Republicans.

They're so skiddish and scared that they turn on the party's agenda out of fear of not getting re-elected.

Hey Martha, you were re-elected in 2016 WITH TRUMP AT THE TOP OF THE TICKET!!!! Trump won your state by 4 POINTS!!! The Democrat and media generated fear mongering about Trump pulling Republicans down TURNED OUT TO BE A LOAD OF CRAP!!!! QUIT BEING SO SCARED AND DO. WHAT. YOU. WERE. ELECTED. TO DO!!!!!

One thing that Republicans like McSally DO have to worry about is not getting re-elected BECAUSE they bailed on the President!!!! HOW MNANY ELECTIONS do Republicans need to win in order to convince them NOT TO BE AFRAID of the conservative agenda THEY RAN ON????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2017, 05:52 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,280 posts, read 11,627,985 times
Reputation: 10687
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I doubt that 'growing a spine', at least when it comes to defending a failing President, is something any smart politician will do if it means losing come November.

Given our national tendency to find our own guys just fine, while the guys from other states are the real wimps, not ours, never ours, I don't think there are very many incumbent Republicans who feel threatened right now.

And by November, 2018, the bloom on Trump's rose could be well faded. Since the Republicans don't owe the man a thing, it might not harm any of them a bit to denounce Trump.

A pirate may be well loved until his nature turns on those who love him. Then, all that love can get the pirate hanged very quickly. Trump loves being a pirate more than he loves you, phma. That's the way it is with pirates.
Maybe it's in the Arizona water? Possibly it's downstream from the Soros vault! Donors to the McCain Institute Include Soros, Teneo, Links to Iran Org..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2017, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
18,683 posts, read 6,736,892 times
Reputation: 5716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Arizona Congressoman Martha McSally was taped during an address to the Arizona Banking Association that Trump is complicating her task with his "distractions".





https://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/...nt?oid=9242427
I've been hearing that she is expected to lose her seat next year, especially considering that district was represented by a Dem for several years prior to her, and it is competitive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2017, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Atlanta metro (Cobb County)
1,534 posts, read 725,110 times
Reputation: 1633
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Martha McSally is everything that I hate about Republicans.

They're so skiddish and scared that they turn on the party's agenda out of fear of not getting re-elected.

Hey Martha, you were re-elected in 2016 WITH TRUMP AT THE TOP OF THE TICKET!!!! Trump won your state by 4 POINTS!!! The Democrat and media generated fear mongering about Trump pulling Republicans down TURNED OUT TO BE A LOAD OF CRAP!!!! QUIT BEING SO SCARED AND DO. WHAT. YOU. WERE. ELECTED. TO DO!!!!!

One thing that Republicans like McSally DO have to worry about is not getting re-elected BECAUSE they bailed on the President!!!! HOW MNANY ELECTIONS do Republicans need to win in order to convince them NOT TO BE AFRAID of the conservative agenda THEY RAN ON????
Your points are valid for many districts, but she represents Arizona's 2nd district around greater Tucson that voted for Clinton, unlike the state. Her political interests are not exactly the same as those for most Republicans, who represent districts carried by Trump. Also making offhand comments to political operatives isn't the same as turning against the party's agenda when they actually vote on legislation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2017, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,964 posts, read 10,749,411 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
Your points are valid for many districts, but she represents Arizona's 2nd district around greater Tucson that voted for Clinton, unlike the state. Her political interests are not exactly the same as those for most Republicans, who represent districts carried by Trump. Also making offhand comments to political operatives isn't the same as turning against the party's agenda when they actually vote on legislation.
This is what I hate about politics. Politicians are more concerned about getting re-elected and "reading the voters" like they are lab rats or something, then they are about actually governing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2017, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
18,683 posts, read 6,736,892 times
Reputation: 5716
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
This is what I hate about politics. Politicians are more concerned about getting re-elected and "reading the voters" like they are lab rats or something, then they are about actually governing.
Pretty much the definition of a representative is to represent the people who live in the district, not JUST the people in your party....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2017, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,203 posts, read 15,321,620 times
Reputation: 11234
Didn't the GOP just win four races for Congressmen that needed to be replaced.

If he just did his job and represent his district, he shouldn't have to worry about Trump.

If Trump has more of an effect on a district than the local representative, maybe the rep needs to increase what he does locally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top