Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 12:32 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You mean like the people who had a meltdown over Trump winning???
Oh yeah! The trump base would lose it!

Oprah's Southern roots may just be the winning combination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 12:54 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Oprah said she was very promiscuous as a teen.

Oprah in her speech at the golden globes talks about a black woman raped by a gang of white men. Why is she attacking just white men ? Don't black men rape white women? It is all about putting down whites. Oprah is a racist.It is all about the color of skin.
I pulled it back up, where she talked about a group of white men kidnapping and raping a black woman. She could have just as easily pulled up her own history where black men in her family raped her, but I imagine she was looking at it from her bigger perspective, the white/black power struggle perspective.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-08-2018 at 01:07 PM..

Old 01-08-2018, 01:02 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
That's what they said about Trump as well American's would probably elect Kim Kardashian

LOL, you know there is no doubt the men would get out in "DROVES" for the "T & A" vote!

Just like they think the absolutely do-nothing Melania, is such a great first lady, for no other reason than her looks!

Old 01-08-2018, 01:04 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The bigots that refused to vote for Romney or McCain because they were white?

Even though Opea has a huge base of white women, I don’t think those same bigots would hold that against her.
If she had real pragmatic solutions for problems, and not just searching for her truth, or whatever she calls it. There are plenty of Idealist that are likable and sound great, like Oprah, but don't have the skills to get the job done.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:09 PM

14 posts, read 11,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Oprah's agenda would be:

You can lose weight on the Weight Watcher program!
Exactly why we dont want her on the left. All she does is shill products to make money. A centrist at best.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:16 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherplace View Post
Exactly why we dont want her on the left. All she does is shill products to make money. A centrist at best.
Shill product to sell. Trump has done that and continues to do so

Old 01-08-2018, 01:19 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Oprah's agenda would be:

You can lose weight on the Weight Watcher program!
Why not?

Trump campaigned on his "great golf courses" and big brain.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:20 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I bet you guys would be for it if it would have meant that Hillary would have won.
Nope. Didn't like Hillary either.

Quote:
I also would be willing to bet that those arguing against more stringent measures on voting rights are the same people who in their localities are fighting to give ILLEGALS the right to vote.
Nope. I didn't even know that was a thing. LOL.

Quote:
O is a reality TV hack who some how built up her wealth. Which means I'm still more qualified than her to be an elected official...anywhere in America.
So... I mean but Trump is... you don't see just a tiny bit of irony in this statement? Wow.

Anyway I just think that "only working taxpayers should vote!" thing is the kind of nonsense that feels great to the base when pundits say it but in reality would make terrible policy, for all the reasons I stated.

The same kind of thing happens on the left all the time. "Everyone should go to college for free!!!" Really? EVERYONE? How are we paying for that exactly? Oy.

And bringing it all full circle... this is part of the reason why you don't need inexperienced people actually governing based on ideas they heard talking heads say on their favorite news channel. This is how you get bonehead foolishness like The Wall. Terrible, expensive, innefective policy that doesn't even solve the problem, but yeah let's promise to do it! No thank you.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:21 PM

14 posts, read 11,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Shill product to sell. Trump has done that and continues to do so
I agree that Trump is a shill too. I am a leftist who is outside of the confines of the donor-paid 2 party system. Hillary, Trump, Oprah, and all the donor-buttlicks in congress are all abhorrent to me.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:40 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post

Oprah's Southern roots may just be the winning combination.

do any of you have any idea what Oprah stands on the issues from taxes, immigration, healthcare, trade deals, foreign policy and the rest of the issues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections