U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 09:20 AM

640 posts, read 245,879 times

Advertisements

I guess they do have good news now and then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 09:20 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,542,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
False topic concocted by right wing whack jobs. Nobody wants Oprah to run --- give it up wing nuts. I suspect there might be a few folks elevated among the Dems during the Trump impeachment but whether they have presidential interests we will have to wait and see. Romney seems to be sniffing around political circles again...would take Pence down pretty quick on the GOP side.
Really? Have you seen the other thread(s) on it here? There's already people just giddy over the thought...

Old 01-08-2018, 09:24 AM

12,358 posts, read 7,749,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese
Actually of orpah running and she wins not only trigger, but escalate the gender war in this country. That is what I meant. My sjw black American soon to be wife will probably divorce me if I don't vote for Oprah.
That gender war started the day Trump was elected. That a pus*y grabber could rise to the top like he did sparked a fire that started the whole 'me too' movement and women are still fired up to work hard change the status quo regarding the gender power structure in the USA. But your point is well taken: f she ran and didn't win the gender war would be taken to unpredictable levels.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:25 AM

38,202 posts, read 14,924,927 times
Actually, quite a few people want her to run.

The question is whether she could win.

Could she beat the Republican machine and their Russian troll farms?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:26 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,247,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
At least Trump went to Wharton (Ivy League of business school) and has experience in business.
How does building a billion dollar media empire from nothing not qualify as "experience in business"? And what difference does Trump's place of education matter when Trump doesn't know basic things about government and history?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:26 AM

9,764 posts, read 3,167,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That gender war started the day Trump was elected. That a pus*y grabber could rise to the top like he did sparked a fire that started the whole 'me too' movement and women are still fired up to work hard change the status quo regarding the gender power structure in the USA. But your point is well taken; if she ran and didn't win the gender war would be taken to unpredictable levels.

What power structure?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:28 AM

17,777 posts, read 8,877,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That gender war started the day Trump was elected. That a pus*y grabber could rise to the top like he did sparked a fire that started the whole 'me too' movement and women are still fired up to work hard change the status quo regarding the gender power structure in the USA. But your point is well taken; if she ran and didn't win the gender war would be taken to unpredictable levels.
Obama, and the Democrats escalated the Race, Gender, LGBT Identity Politics war long before Trump. During her campaign, Hillary also used it. Trump's off color comment TWENTY YEARS AGO had nothing to do with it. Hollywood, and the Democrat supporting sexual abusers like Weinstein re-ignited it.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Would you want to have surgery given by a surgeon with no experience doing surgery? Even if the person was an extremely bright and intelligent person? No. Particularly if that person was supposed to be the Head Surgeon.

Would you want somebody with no experience as a mechanic trying to fix your car? Even if that person was an extremely bright and intelligent person? No. Particularly if that person was supposed to be the Head Mechanic.

Likewise, why would anybody want somebody with NO political experience to be The Nation's Top Politician?
This makes too much sense.

But the likely answer is because everyone is phony and corrupt except for an outsider like Donald Trump. And Holden Caulfield, of course.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:30 AM

3,531 posts, read 1,776,416 times
Imo, it really depends on if she could get younger voters interested. To the 25 and under crowd, she's not relevant. Obama was helped immensely by the young people.
She might be able to pull some of the soccer mom crowd who voted for Trump. She would get poc to the polls in larger numbers than Clinton did.
Let's see what kind of platform she advocates. I really don't think it's going to be as liberal as you'd think. The difference between her and Obama is that he grew up white, she didn't. She understands the hood culture and I think she'd be a lot harder on takers, make them do more for themselves.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Really? Have you seen the other thread(s) on it here? There's already people just giddy over the thought...
Is this some kind of projection due to the shame some GOP voters feel having nominated and elected a reality TV star who may be in the early stages of dementia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or