U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 05:42 PM

9,442 posts, read 5,791,178 times

Advertisements

I don't know why she would want to run. She's phenomenally rich, can do virtually anything she wants, runs business where everyone has to do what she tells them to do, why give that up to be President? If he were honest I'm sure Trump would say being a wealthy CEO is better than being POTUS, at least when 99% of the media spends 24x7 hating on you. So maybe she would enjoy it, having most of the media fawning over her 24x7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 05:48 PM

8,498 posts, read 5,321,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Actually Oprah's not as wealthy as Trump. Oprah will have to beat Mark Cuban if she wants to run. Cuban is as arrogant as Trump
At 2.8 billion, how rich do you have to be. Trump was 3.1 billion and he's been at it a lot longer than her, maybe she will catch him one day.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:50 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,723,493 times
I like her however its better off if she will not run for President.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:52 PM

10,931 posts, read 5,003,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
I don't know why she would want to run. She's phenomenally rich, can do virtually anything she wants, runs business where everyone has to do what she tells them to do, why give that up to be President? If he were honest I'm sure Trump would say being a wealthy CEO is better than being POTUS, at least when 99% of the media spends 24x7 hating on you. So maybe she would enjoy it, having most of the media fawning over her 24x7.
It's very possible that Trump didn't even want to win. I don't fully believe it yet, but I don't think it is a far-fetched theory. Trump could "win" by losing.

I also don't know why anyone in Oprah's (or, for that matter, Trump's) position would ever want to be president...

Old 01-08-2018, 05:54 PM

6,427 posts, read 2,733,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
At 2.8 billion, how rich do you have to be. Trump was 3.1 billion and he's been at it a lot longer than her, maybe she will catch him one day.
How does anyone knw what Trump is worth. I'll make a prediction. One day Trump's tax returns will be leaked or released and it will be discovered that he has a net worth a fraction of what he says.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:55 PM

62,638 posts, read 34,149,323 times
Quote:
Oprah Says she Won't Run for Democrat Nomination for President in 2020. (Pelosi, racist)
The train wreck we have in the office right now should ensure we won't make the same mistake again. Oprah should save her money and stay home. Or maybe she'll run just for the publicity just like Trump and then win against her will, just like Trump did.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:55 PM

2,499 posts, read 1,120,041 times
So making some inappropriately race-obsessed speech, which references some 70-year-old gang rape and mentions Rosa Parks (whom we've all heard about more times than we could possibly count) makes one a possible presidential contender these days?

Just when I think that the media can't possibly get any worse, they always surprise me.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:03 PM

4,771 posts, read 2,174,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Agreed! I can't see Oprah wanting to deal with Kim Jong Un or Syria or whatever some 3am call may bring her. She's much more effective in the private sector.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:03 PM

12,359 posts, read 7,719,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So making some inappropriately race-obsessed speech, which references some 70-year-old gang rape and mentions Rosa Parks (whom we've all heard about more times than we could possibly count) makes one a possible presidential contender these days?

Just when I think that the media can't possibly get any worse, they always surprise me.
Speak for yourself. I've never heard that story before and I'm been watching Oprah for decades. If you thought that rape story and how Rosa Parks tied into it was race baiting, then you really missed the whole point about the 'me too' movement which was the theme of the entire evening.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:05 PM

3,021 posts, read 935,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Speak for yourself. I've never heard that story before and I'm been watching Oprah for decades. If you thought that story was race baiting, then you really missed the whole point about the 'me too' movement which was the theme of the entire evening.
You've never heard of Rosa parks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or