Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 07:51 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
We've tried the Grand Experiment of electing an inexperienced self-prompter and it's going badly. Don't need to do that again. Give me a person with some government experience.
Yes, the economy is the best it's been in many years, and our borders are secure, ISIS is in worldwide retreat. Yes indeed, things are going so badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 07:51 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That would be ideal, but which Democrat with government experience could win?
At this time, none.

I truly hope that "the people" can and will encourage Oprah to run.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:52 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times
Quote:
Listening to Oprah last night, it occurred to me that Oprah could absolutely win the 2020 election.

She's a self-made, billionaire entrepreneur, an actual TV star, and articulate to boot.

As far as I know, she has always played down such suggestions, denied she has any such plans.

However, last night after she being honored with the Cecil B DeMille lifetime achievement award, her partner Stedman Graham, told the LA Times: “It’s up to the people. She would absolutely do it.”

Oprah Would

"The hard work shouldn’t lay at her feet. It should lay at ours."

Oprah for president? I have a better idea - Chicago Tribune

There will a flutter of disparaging posts, calling Democrats desperate crybabies, references to anal sex and so forth, but those who still have even a tenuous grip on sanity here, what do you think of Oprah's chances?

Considering that voters elected Ronald Reagan-an older than dirt-cowboy actor, and detestable MORON, Failed businessman, piece of SCUM, Trump, I'd say she has an excellent chance, even though she also has no political experience. Hey at least she's not a loathsome FASCIST Republican!

She's a zillion times more intelligent than Trump, and a zillion times NICER!

Yep, an excellent chance, LOL!

Old 01-08-2018, 07:53 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Only Democrats would think that Oprah is qualified to run this country.
There's several of us Republicans that also think she should run, that she should be the Democratic party nominee. If Oprah decides to run I will donate $50 to her nomination committee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Good. The Nation needs someone at the helm that is knows Politics and the Law, our current President is a prime example of what happens when someone is made CEO of a Nation and has not even worked in the mailroom, disaster is sure to follow.
Right now oh, tell me exactly, what disaster do we have with Trump in office?

Is it high unemployment rates?

Is it an extremely poor economy with thousands of people being laid off from their jobs?

Is it the stock market where the Dow Jones Industrial Average loses points every single day?

Tell me exactly what is the disaster you speak of?

Old 01-08-2018, 07:53 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,689,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumby88 View Post
I don't think this country has done anything to prove that it deserves her as President. Beside, holding that office would probably slow down the good she does this world.
We don't deserve her. Ever. Never. Not in our lifetime. Not in her lifetime. Not even in fantasy land.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:57 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Last night after being honored with the Cecil B DeMille lifetime achievement award, her partner Stedman Graham, told the LA Times: “It’s up to the people. She would absolutely do it.”

Aside from those calling Democrats desperate crybabies, references to anal sex and so forth, what do those who still have even a tenuous grip on sanity think of Oprah's chances?
Three things are for sure: 1) She wouldn't have a bit of trouble raising the money it would take to run for president and if she decides to run; 2)She'd work her tail off doing. She never does anything half-way and 3) Oprah running against Mr. Pu**y Grabber scares his fan base because they know she'd beat the him hands down.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:57 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Wow, and y'all put Trump in White House, and it's been non stop drama from day one. So, I guess only Republican would think to put a billionaire celebrity, with no political experience in the White House and that's fine with you. But the democrats can't do it.
Remind me again what experience Obama had? The first affirmative action President..a modern day Manchurian candidate..

Old 01-08-2018, 08:02 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
That would be ideal, but which Democrat with government experience could win?
Any one of them except Clinton - if people turned out to vote. And that is the issue. Winfrey would get a turnout that would sweep Trump from office and take the GOP out of power in DC. Sure, she has no experience, but at least she has all her faculties, would work hard, learn the issues, and try to serve the American people - unlike the current occupant.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:03 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
I was hoping Trump would have killed off the idea of a celebrity presidency forever whether it be liberal or conservative.

But if the citizens of the USA have determined that they want to turn our republic into a celebitocacy so be it.

I would just say this, if Oprah or the Rock or any other celebrity were to win the presidency, you will not see me slobbering over them or making a complete ass of myself saying how great he or she is as Trumpists do everyday on this forum.

I will just cover my head and say what a pitiful state of affairs exist in the once great US of A.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 01-08-2018 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: misspellings

Old 01-08-2018, 08:03 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
At this time, none.

I truly hope that "the people" can and will encourage Oprah to run.
I can't think of any either.

Tim Kaine? Good guy. Would be a great POTUS. But up against the Republicans and the Russians, what are his chances?

Kamala Harris? Seems like a long shot.

When you go down the list of possibilities, no one comes to mind that is anywhere near as well known or has the possibility to pull other candidates along on her coat tails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections