U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 12:47 PM

23,245 posts, read 11,493,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
As a life long democrat, I cannot think of one democratic politician that I would currently support. They are all either too old, too focused on special interests, or lacking in the essential talent of being an effective communicator. I have never been so frustrated with the party.
Martin O'Malley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 12:49 PM

34,612 posts, read 33,611,188 times
They have to survive their own primary and the DNC first which reminds me, did the DNC change their primary rules yet so some candidate isn't Bernie Sandered? Don't remember hearing about it.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:50 PM

8,783 posts, read 4,044,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think there is a good change the 2020 winner will be Republican, but it won't be Trump.
I agree. If Trump makes it to 2020 as President but remains as unpopular as he is now, I think there is a good chance that he could get primary competition. I think somebody with some of Trump's attributes (tough on immigration for instance) but who is a little more moderate and experienced could stand a shot at beating him. It really all depends on how popular Trump is with his base come 2020.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:53 PM

19,186 posts, read 14,970,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The Top Democrats Who Could Challenge Trump in 2020 - NBC News

Hilarious. And Democrats say they are "guaranteed" to win in 2020
They said they were guaranteed to win in 2016, so...........

Quote:
I think there is a good change the 2020 winner will be Republican, but it won't be Trump.
Only if Trump decides to pass on the nomination, and if so, Pence will step up and be elected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
As a life long democrat, I cannot think of one democratic politician that I would currently support. They are all either too old, too focused on special interests, or lacking in the essential talent of being an effective communicator. I have never been so frustrated with the party.
This is not the Democratic Party that we USED TO support, it is something else, I'm just not sure what to call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Martin O'Malley
The mannequin? Yeah, they don't have much luck in winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They have to survive their own primary and the DNC first which reminds me, did the DNC change their primary rules yet so some candidate isn't Bernie Sandered? Don't remember hearing about it.
Why would they change something that works for them? They are only interested in changing those things that don't work in their favor, by "their" I mean that core group that is trying to force globalism on us against our will.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 11 days ago)

58,079 posts, read 40,863,550 times
What a nice symmetry, the daily news shows how bad the 2016 Rep candidates were and are.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What primary rule hurt Bernie Sanders ??????

Old 06-20-2017, 12:55 PM

2,989 posts, read 3,150,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh look at you, trundling out the well used "democraps" insult. Like a rethuglican.

LOL. Seriously is that all you have to contribute? Insults?
I like the rethuglican, see........aren't insults fun!?

Old 06-20-2017, 12:57 PM

9,898 posts, read 3,256,352 times
we are 3.5 years out, at least two years from this even mattering in the slightest.

The idea that 2020 can be predict prior to 2018 results is just silly.

If the Dems magically crush it and take control of both the house and senate, in 2018 that would change everything. If the Rs crush it 2018 that changes everything too.
If trump flees to Russia and sets up his own Russian TV show, that changes things again.

It is a little early to know who will even be in the running for 2020, nobody knows at this point. I mean who was predicting Trump even being the GOP pick in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

The mannequin? Yeah, they don't have much luck in winning.

Why would they change something that works for them? They are only interested in changing those things that don't work in their favor, by "their" I mean that core group that is trying to force globalism on us against our will.
Again, what primary rule hurt Sanders ?????

Martin O'Malley has done something other Democrats have not, and that is go around the country and support other Democrats and help them win.

He is a party builder, and that is what we need. And yes, I voted for him in 2016

26,378 posts, read 8,972,430 times
Quote:
That was the same argument heard before Trump became the nominee. Why revive the same failed message ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or