Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 10:45 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Well, well, well...

So far there have been four special elections to replace Pub officeholders in four deep red states. All four have been guys who were promoted into tRump's cabinet. In all four, the guy replaced won easily by a wide margin w/o breaking a sweat last November.

In all four recent elections, Pubs have had to fight like hell to get a narrow win.

It's like they're already tired of winning.

OldG, your schtick is stale. You need some new material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 10:46 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,965,657 times
They say "History repeats itself."
So, if that is true, one only needs to look at November/December 2016 to see what the democrats will do in November/December 2018.
IF history repeats itself, it won't be pretty...

4,178 posts, read 2,645,949 times
It's like the Democrats still don't know why they're losing after Hillary.

They need to do less:

-RESIST!
-DUMP TRUMP!
-RUSSIA!
-If you disagree with me, you're racist/sexist.
-White males are bad.
-I hate Christians, they're rednecks, but we love Islam!
-We'll win this election by pouring millions of dollars into it and getting rich celebrities to tell us who to vote for!

And they need to do more:

-Let's come back in the center.
-Here's some policies that'll make things better
-Everyone is equal and matters.
-Look, we actually have a message, other than "VOTE 4 ME CUZ IM A WOMAN!" or "VOTE 4 ME CUZ IM BLACK"

4,491 posts, read 2,224,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
So far it's looking like things are heading that direction. Will that be the icing on the cake? Will that be the stick a fork in it I'm done moment?
How can you possibly say it looks like we're heading in the direction? Based on what? A few special elections, which happened only half a year after the presidential election? Exactly how much do you think trends change in a matter of a few months? In a years time, things might be more different.

Bare in mind, in one of those special elections, the loss was by a margin of 4% which isn't very much. That wouldn't be that hard to flip, big picture.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:48 AM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Renewing passport as I type- Belize- Costa Rica some place-

Old 06-21-2017, 10:50 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
So far it's looking like things are heading that direction. Will that be the icing on the cake? Will that be the stick a fork in it I'm done moment?
No, it won't matter, and hasn't mattered.

The fact that Trump won, is still beyond belief....and they will take this made up story of the Russian interference with the election to dooms day, and they still refuse to listen.

I'm not at all pleased with Trumps demeanor, but I am pleased with what he is trying to do....and you'd think American's had sent a sound message by voting for him, especially when PA won his vote, but, they won't. they always have an excuse....

and btw, the Russians don't care who wins....never have, never will.

Years ago, when I was a kid, they said the Russians were going to bomb us....later to find out, the Russians never had that kind of money to buy the sophisticated weapons needed to take over our country.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Enough to make one realize election reform is not needed. You cannot buy an election when the people voting look at the facts instead of going with the flow.
Karen Handel spent a LOT more money than Ossof. 2.5 percent more.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:55 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
They say "History repeats itself."
So, if that is true, one only needs to look at November/December 2016 to see what the democrats will do in November/December 2018.
IF history repeats itself, it won't be pretty...
That works both ways, it could be another 2006....

Old 06-21-2017, 11:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
OldG, your schtick is stale. You need some new material
Feel free to share some of your own sparkling wit.

Trumplings...

SO sensitive.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:03 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Quote:
"The Russians did it!!!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections