Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 07:58 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,218,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Put your holier than hypocritical thou where it belongs... you been partisan since you been in this forum and now plead innocence BS... The only difference is your BS begets more BS... you could care less what the other side thought, don't preach any differently hypocrite... you won't have to travel far in your post history to find partisan lies and BS...
You won't find me saying things like "all conservatives are bad" which is essentially what you just did.

Of course I'm biased. It's a political forum. What point would there be for me to be here if I wasn't taking a position. But I'm more than willing to debate with people whom I disagree with. ****, I could name a few people who I fundamentally disagree with and always enjoy conversing with them. I won't name them, as that seems rude. There are Trump voters I enjoy talking to. I won't pretend to agree with how they voted; hell, I think they made a mistake. I don't they're bad people and would never go so far to say all people who support him are ****. But you have no problem with saying essentially that about those who disagree with him.

So yeah, I am holier than thou.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 07:11 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,082,523 times
Remember in 2008 at a rally for McCain when some lady asked him about Barrack Obama being an evil Muslim and McCain calmly responded by assuring her that Obama was a good man, a good father and husband, and a man of faith? I do. That was nice. They disagreed, but at least there was some semblance of respect.

Meanwhile, what nice things did Trump have to say about Clinton? Or Clinton about Trump? Keep in mind, McCain's response was natural and unprompted. I remember in the 2016 presidential debates, both candidates were asked to say something nice about the other. Both felt pretty disingenuous, though ironically, I actually felt Trump's compliment was more honest. But still, it took someone asking them to do it to say even something vaguely uncritical of the other.

Something needs to change.

On both sides.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:15 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
See, I feel like this is the kind of post that the OP was talking about.... Immature, rude, indecent, evident of bad parenting.... I could go on.

You have to make it about THAT. You can't consider the OPs point for what it is. You have to go there. You have to be partisan. Why? What is the benefit to you? Or the country? Or anyone?

Maybe you missed the post that is quoted below. Don't cheery pick. When it doesn't suit you, you ignore it or call it a right statement.
Let us be frank. Both sides think they are right and the other side is idiotic and evil. Negative ads and campaign has been there since the times of John Adams and will continue to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Trump has been LYING for 70 years. He lies. He tweets. He lies in tweets. He tweets his lies.

I will NEVER join that PuTrumpTin cult and will never stop pointing out the fact that the current POTUS is a deranged fat orange man who has made the US a laughing stock all over the world.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:27 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,211,997 times
Frankly, how does the campaigning stay clean when you have a lying mudslinger in chief? This president is dishonestly and immaturely insulting members of Congress, senators, the former president constantly in the same way he insulted Rubio, the entire Cruz family, the entire Bush family, the entire Clinton family, Kasich, Fiorina, and everyone he has ever dealt with?

With his cult allowing him to get away with acting like a thuggish boor and cheering his disgusting lies and insults while he was wallowing in the mud, has brought the bar down very very low.

The only way the 2018 elections will be civil is if the so-called president keeps his big mouth shut. Anyone believe that will happen?

Old 06-27-2017, 08:37 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,803,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
You won't find me saying things like "all conservatives are bad" which is essentially what you just did.

Of course I'm biased. It's a political forum. What point would there be for me to be here if I wasn't taking a position. But I'm more than willing to debate with people whom I disagree with. ****, I could name a few people who I fundamentally disagree with and always enjoy conversing with them. I won't name them, as that seems rude. There are Trump voters I enjoy talking to. I won't pretend to agree with how they voted; hell, I think they made a mistake. I don't they're bad people and would never go so far to say all people who support him are ****. But you have no problem with saying essentially that about those who disagree with him.

So yeah, I am holier than thou.
Too bad, so sad... crying for your overabundant nothingness... people are different... hold the presses, hypocritical holiness... all you...

Old 06-27-2017, 10:50 PM

45,384 posts, read 26,972,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Frankly, how does the campaigning stay clean when you have a lying mudslinger in chief? This president is dishonestly and immaturely insulting members of Congress, senators, the former president constantly in the same way he insulted Rubio, the entire Cruz family, the entire Bush family, the entire Clinton family, Kasich, Fiorina, and everyone he has ever dealt with?

With his cult allowing him to get away with acting like a thuggish boor and cheering his disgusting lies and insults while he was wallowing in the mud, has brought the bar down very very low.

The only way the 2018 elections will be civil is if the so-called president keeps his big mouth shut. Anyone believe that will happen?
You are part of the problem. Is it ever your side's fault if you lose? Look at your post.

Trump's a mudslinger. The people are a cult. Trump needs to shut up. That's your winning strategy...

Meanwhile - you have no message for the country to make it better. Actually the left does have a message... white people suck, the rich don't pay enough taxes, no borders, I'm with her, Christians are equal to ISIS, legalize marijuana, healthcare for all, Trump sucks. And if we don't agree with you, you will beat us up and destroy our property, and falsely accuse others of hate crimes... and maybe even look to assassinate your Congressmen. That is your message.

So will it really matter how Trump behaves when that is your message?

Even if you totally disagree with Trump... do you have any desire - just in general and unrelated to Trump - to make America great?

Old 06-28-2017, 02:39 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,697,079 times
The problem is that slinging mud is all that Trump seems to do. Trump's presidential campaign was absolutely based on racial bigotry. Trump, during his campaign, actively encouraged his supporters to physically attack anti Trump campaigners.

Trump criticised America's allies, NATO, the Paris accord and the mayor of London, but praises Saudi Arabia, the biggest sponsor of Islamic terrorism. Let's not forget how many Saudi terrorists were on the planes that hit the twin towers.

I've visited the US two or three times a year for over 40yrs, and I worked for an American company for 27yrs so I know Americans, and I never ever thought I would see the day when an American president would take the word of a sworn enemy of the US, namely Russia, rather than that of his own intelligence community.

I've no doubt that the majority of Americans would like to make the US great again, but I always thought it was and still is. But I have to tell you that Trump's petulant, childlike behaviour towards the rest of the world is going to cost you. A good example of this "behaviour" was Trump's tweet about the mayor of London's speech after the terrorist attack. Trump took the mayors speech totally out of context, Londoners regarded that tweet as an insult to the city, and to them. But it was typical of Trumps reaction to a mayor who he knew to be a Muslim.

It's only natural to want your country to be a shining beacon to the world, but if Trump keeps acting as he is now, and keeps sending out these asinine childish tweets, America will no longer be respected, but it will be a global laughing stock, with a geriatric clown at the helm.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:21 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,149,029 times
Who ever the Dems put forward as their choice to take on Trump that person will be hated,vilified and branded just like Hillary was, and if the same people who lost all critical thinking skills continue to be swayed by Trumps bs and bluster i can see the same outcome in the next election.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:12 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,211,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You are part of the problem. Is it ever your side's fault if you lose? Look at your post.

Trump's a mudslinger. The people are a cult. Trump needs to shut up. That's your winning strategy...

Meanwhile - you have no message for the country to make it better. Actually the left does have a message... white people suck, the rich don't pay enough taxes, no borders, I'm with her, Christians are equal to ISIS, legalize marijuana, healthcare for all, Trump sucks. And if we don't agree with you, you will beat us up and destroy our property, and falsely accuse others of hate crimes... and maybe even look to assassinate your Congressmen. That is your message.

So will it really matter how Trump behaves when that is your message?

Even if you totally disagree with Trump... do you have any desire - just in general and unrelated to Trump - to make America great?
America is fine the way it is.

The topic is a civil election. The most uncivil voice in the country and elections is Trump. He is the problem. The cult that enables him is part of the problem.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:05 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,420,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Isnt what most would think. Its not who will win-I have opinions on that of course, but what concerns me is what we are observing it takes to win.

And its being uncivil. Its lying and misrepresenting your opponent. Yes im aware this has been done, but what we are seeing winning is taking it to new extremes.

No matter who wins, I suspect it will further damage this country. We wont have people in government who see it as a service. It will be greed. It will be being nasty. It will bring out the worst in all of us.
You could say the same thing about the number of young people volunteering for military service. I wonder how many on here have served and why? How about you, maybe the lack of qualified dedicated young people are also ruining our country.

People choose to serve in many ways and a lot of those, just like our military do it our of love for their country or their region. I know our elected officials here in AR are true to the state and trying to be true to those who elected them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections