Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 08:05 PM

144 posts, read 335,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
link
Maybe I am naive, but I just don't get the big thing about Obama being black.
It's not the first time we've had a black candidate.
It's *that* big a deal?
Is it the black vote they refer to?
Did Obama "steal" it from Clinton?
Fact is, no matter how you look at it, she is just not getting the votes--not from young people, and not from la-dee-da educated white people.
Wasn't bill the first black President?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 09:35 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Brett Favre's wife will be starting QB next year.
It's all because the Packers fans owe it to her.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:58 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
This election is starting to get scary as Hillary's desperate supporters try to use Obama's race against him. It seems like this strategy has been deliberated on for a while and it's now time to trot it out. Hillary supporter Geraldine Ferraro just said that Obama wouldn't be here if he weren't black. Hillary fans on this board have started to say the same thing, and aren't ashamed of it.

At least we get to see Hillary supporters' true colors.

From a campaign whose candidate is only here because she was married to a two-term president of the United States, this is pretty rich. Nepotism is the cornerstone of the Clinton campaign.
racists are hillary's new "firewall".

Old 03-15-2008, 11:24 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
What is evrybody whining about;Obama brought out that crazy preacher to call america dirty names. Even stevens.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Uh, OK. Well, Obama isn't saying it now, either, but probably will within the next 24 years.
you see. this is exactly what i'm talking about. do you, teatime, honestly think that Obama's appeal is that he is black? you're saying that he's an EO hire? you really think that within the next quarter century Barrack Obama will state that he is where he is politically because he is black?

i think that you are suffering from the same anger and contempt for blacks that the clintons are suffering from. what i mean is this: you, like the clintons, never imagined that the democratic nomination process would be anything more than a mere formality where hillary would undoubtedly be the nominee. the clintons are now dumbfounded by the fact that hillary is not the presumptive nominee, and frustrated with blacks, who they credit for Barrack Obama's success. as a hillary supporter, you do not have to go down that road. you do not have to go along with everything that gets thrown out with the "kitchen sink."

clear your mind of all of that anger and frustration that you, no doubt, feel over having the presumptive first female presidency slipping away...just try to clear your mind of all that, and ask yourself: if he were running, would Jesse Jackson be leading in the polls, states, and delegates won? would Al Sharpton be ahead of clinton?

Old 03-15-2008, 12:26 PM

377 posts, read 684,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I don't understand why Ferraro doesn't think Obama would be there if he were a woman. It's a new "concept" to get caught up in too.
She made almost an identical declaration about Jesse Jackson during the democratic campaigns of 84.

Mr. Jackson punched a good one back by saying,

“ Geraldine Ferraro is making hysteria while others are making history. ”

Old 03-15-2008, 12:40 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
She made almost an identical declaration about Jesse Jackson during the democratic campaigns of 84.

Mr. Jackson punched a good one back by saying,

“ Geraldine Ferraro is making hysteria while others are making history. ”
There goes that "hysterical woman" thing... has anybody ever noticed that woman are to blame for all the worlds problems.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
There goes that "hysterical woman" thing... has anybody ever noticed that woman are to blame for all the worlds problems.
JESUS!!!??? what are you talking about? when you get down to the truth of it - the truth that lies within your soul - do you like/support hillary clinton for any other reason besides her gender?

Old 03-15-2008, 01:53 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
you see. this is exactly what i'm talking about. do you, teatime, honestly think that Obama's appeal is that he is black? you're saying that he's an EO hire? you really think that within the next quarter century Barrack Obama will state that he is where he is politically because he is black?

i think that you are suffering from the same anger and contempt for blacks that the clintons are suffering from. what i mean is this: you, like the clintons, never imagined that the democratic nomination process would be anything more than a mere formality where hillary would undoubtedly be the nominee. the clintons are now dumbfounded by the fact that hillary is not the presumptive nominee, and frustrated with blacks, who they credit for Barrack Obama's success. as a hillary supporter, you do not have to go down that road. you do not have to go along with everything that gets thrown out with the "kitchen sink."

clear your mind of all of that anger and frustration that you, no doubt, feel over having the presumptive first female presidency slipping away...just try to clear your mind of all that, and ask yourself: if he were running, would Jesse Jackson be leading in the polls, states, and delegates won? would Al Sharpton be ahead of clinton?
And I think you have some nerve making stupid claims about someone you don't even know. Let me clue you in -- as someone in precarious health, I have a whole lot more on my mind than this election and don't take it nearly as personally and emotionally as the likes of y'all. Unless the next president cuts Medicare and Social Security Disability, I'll simply plug along day by day, fighting to stay alive and won't spare a thought on what goes on in Washington, D.C.

Do I prefer Hillary? You bet, and that's my right. But before you start assigning attitudes and feelings to people you don't know, do consider that the people who post here are real people with real lives and struggles and post here for diversionary and entertainment purposes. I'm homebound -- often bedbound -- and have nothing better to do. Politics is a giant chess match and I certainly don't take it personally.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:03 PM

144 posts, read 335,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
And I think you have some nerve making stupid claims about someone you don't even know. Let me clue you in -- as someone in precarious health, I have a whole lot more on my mind than this election and don't take it nearly as personally and emotionally as the likes of y'all. Unless the next president cuts Medicare and Social Security Disability, I'll simply plug along day by day, fighting to stay alive and won't spare a thought on what goes on in Washington, D.C.

Do I prefer Hillary? You bet, and that's my right. But before you start assigning attitudes and feelings to people you don't know, do consider that the people who post here are real people with real lives and struggles and post here for diversionary and entertainment purposes. I'm homebound -- often bedbound -- and have nothing better to do. Politics is a giant chess match and I certainly don't take it personally.
Regardless of political followings, I am sure everyone here prays for your health and recovery
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections