U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you vote for Trump? Will vote for him next election?
I voted for Trump, will vote for him again. 71 47.33%
I vote for Trump, will not vote for him next time. 3 2.00%
I didn't vote for Trump, but will vote for him next time. 11 7.33%
I didn't vote for Trump, and will not vote him next time. 65 43.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 10:10 AM

6,554 posts, read 3,268,048 times

Advertisements

The results are genuinely fascinating to me.

It appears no one has budged in their decision. I say that as someone in the same boat. I did not vote for Trump and almost certainly will not vote to reelect him (though I of course have no actually decided who I'm voting for in 2020, and I would urge anyone who thinks they have to reconsider). But the fact that all who didn't and all who did seem to show no signs of changing their minds (at least of those who've voted thus far) sort of makes sense of the lack of real discourse that happens here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 10:12 AM

1,534 posts, read 725,110 times
Incredible to see that of 28 responders thus far, exactly half are Trump supporters and half are Trump detractors - and not one person is inclined to change their mind. What an (almost) perfect microcosm of the country. And due to the geographic distribution of voters, whether we like it or not Trump is probably favored to get re-elected in 2020, even as his support remains negligible in the large coastal urban centers.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:20 AM

9,523 posts, read 7,779,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Same here. There is no way I could give my vote to such a vile person.
Obviously, many of us felt exactly that way about hillary.
Many of us STILL feel that way about her.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 14 hours ago)

47,576 posts, read 45,256,057 times
I voted "no and no". I did not vote for President Trump, and I will not vote for him next time around. I promised myself that if the two candidates boiled down to Clinton and Trump, I would pick a 3rd party. I wanted Bernie Sanders to win the primary. I voted for Bernie Sanders in the Democratic Primary. He lost. It was now Trump vs Clinton. I voted for Gary Johnson. I felt like he represented more of my stances that anyone else.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:58 AM

71,682 posts, read 83,258,368 times
The op said it best: assuming he runs again. It is still so early, who knows what will happen in the next few years? He may resign, he may decide not to try a second time, or he may not make it through one term. Right now, I have to say I will vote for him again. Ask me in 3 years, who knows? I may not like some of his actions, I may think he is thin skinned and can be very insulting which isn't very professional regardless of his position, but I think he has done more good than bad and has done as much as he could with his promises. We still have a long way to do. As much as I wish he would grow up, I wish the liberal congress and the media would grow up as well.

I think there are so many that were not prepared for his upset. They just can't let it go. Very few, including many of his supporters thought he would be our president, boy were wrong and the other side, that so arrogantly took the election for granted are still trying to understand it. To them, constant insults and attacks, regardless of how false are all they can do. They must think one of these days something will stick.Either he will give up or the congress will force him out. Maybe they think if they carry on long enough they will win back the house and/or the senate and they can proceed from there.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:42 PM

3,003 posts, read 2,449,781 times
No, and no, unless the Democrats nominate Hillary Clinton again, in which case I will vote for Trump because that is the dumbest thing they could possibly do.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:47 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,125,639 times
Yes and Yes: He's been more progressive on social issues than I anticipated and is cutting job killing regulations and supporting a strong economy. He's kind of his own thing - not really a liberal but not exactly a conservative either. I find it fascinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I wish the liberal congress and the media would grow up as well.
This. But by the time 2018 midterms come around, the AT&T acquisition of Time Warner will happen and most of the Fake News staff at CNN will be forced to resign (Zucker included.) The heads of AT&T apparently are in support of the Trump administration and out to kill the Fake News agenda.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:21 PM

5,501 posts, read 5,695,287 times
Assuming nothing legitimately catastrophic happens...he has my vote for 2020 thus far.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:58 PM

19,187 posts, read 14,947,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
It will be interesting to see how the results of this poll correlate with the poll on the "Politics and Other Controversies" Forum that asked whether or not Donald Trump was mentally unstable.

So far, 2 out of every 3 voters think he is with about 300 total votes, which is quite a few, considering how these C-D polls go.

This poll has just started, but it has about 2/3 of voters saying they would reelect him while 2/3 of the other says he's nuts.

Do you think Trump is mentally unstable?
As I said in that thread, tell your poll results to President Clinton. Do you seriously not realize that everyone knows what is going on with that bogus poll? We do. We generally don't even have 300 people even posting and most that post won't bother with a poll. Sham poll like the ones that said Hillary would be POTUS. I would think after the fleecing the libs took in the election, they would not depend on heavily on polls, but then again..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
IMO, it is irrefutable proof of mental instability to run for any office higher than small town mayor!
Cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Same here. There is no way I could give my vote to such a vile person.
Well, at least if you wouldn't vote for "a vile person", you didn't vote for Hillary so didn't cancel out my Trump vote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Obviously, many of us felt exactly that way about hillary.
Many of us STILL feel that way about her.
And, they may run her again, and this time make sure the Russians don't interfere with her win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
No, and no, unless the Democrats nominate Hillary Clinton again, in which case I will vote for Trump because that is the dumbest thing they could possibly do.
I could see it happening though. Can you imagine them running her against Trump again? Well, I couldn't imagine they were running her the last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Yes and Yes: He's been more progressive on social issues than I anticipated and is cutting job killing regulations and supporting a strong economy. He's kind of his own thing - not really a liberal but not exactly a conservative either. I find it fascinating.

This. But by the time 2018 midterms come around, the AT&T acquisition of Time Warner will happen and most of the Fake News staff at CNN will be forced to resign (Zucker included.) The heads of AT&T apparently are in support of the Trump administration and out to kill the Fake News agenda.
He is trying very hard to deliver on his promises despite the opposition he is getting from the Dems and some of the GOP. He must have known how hard this would be, returning our government to the people. I have great admiration for Trump.

Yes, voted for Trump and will vote Trump again. I will not vote for any person that promotes globalism and selling out who we are as a people and a nation - no Democratic votes in my future. And, there is the "baby killing" thing Dems promote.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:10 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,125,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

He is trying very hard to deliver on his promises despite the opposition he is getting from the Dems and some of the GOP. He must have known how hard this would be, returning our government to the people. I have great admiration for Trump.

Yes, voted for Trump and will vote Trump again. I will not vote for any person that promotes globalism and selling out who we are as a people and a nation - no Democratic votes in my future. And, there is the "baby killing" thing Dems promote.
I'm in the camp of like, Jesus Christ give the guy a break. He's going to do whatever he wants and if he puts out a body slamming CNN video (hilarious, BTW) who the hell cares? CNN has proven to be a lying, corrupt organization that was in bed with the Hillary campaign. Now they are running around losing their minds because Big Don is always 2 steps ahead of them. It's driving them crazy - and the best thing they can say are things like "He's not well!" or "He's very not presidential!"

There will never be another President that has ever used Twitter in this form ever again. And it's not going to stop anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or