Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:03 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
I agree with what she said. Pity the truth can't be spoken in the p.c. lib world. Honestly, do you think that Mr. Obama would be where he is if he were not (half) black?
Obama's resume includes alot more than his term in the Seante. He served in the Illinois State Senate and was President of the Harvard Law Review. As much as JFK brought when he ran. If the Democrats were looking for a resume, Joe Biden would be the front runner now. The fact that he is HALF black has little to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 05:33 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,023,360 times
The question here should also be asked 'Is the Obama Campaign racist'?- Believe me it can cut both ways here. Ms Ferarro merely expressed a fair opinion. To be sure there may be elements of truth to what she said- and some of it does not. To be labeled a racist however in itself is a means to an end in itself. Bill Clinton and Governor Rendell have been called racists as well for questioning Mr. Obama's credentials.

Seems to me that even if Obama wins the nomination the seeds of A divisive campaign of bad feelings have been sown- At this point Clinton has alienated most Blacks, while many working class & traditional Democrats in Ohio, New Jersey, New York & Massachusetts; Latino's in California, Texas and Florida will not vote for Obama.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:03 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,985 times
She sure does have a nasty track record if she's not a racist.

"If Jesse Jackson were not black, he wouldn't be in the race,"

Old 03-12-2008, 06:11 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Thumbs down Is Geraldine Ferraro a racist?

What is most interesting and revealing about this whole incident is the Clinton campaign's lack of reaction.

Oh sure, Hillary made a brief comment to the effect that she didn't agree with Ferraro's statement. But Geraldine is still acting as a fundraiser for Hillary. So, the Clintonistas tacitly approve of the race-baiting. Not only that, they'll keep getting more divisive in terms of saying that Barack is an upstart who isn't competent to be president. And they'll continue to toss out angry, offensive slurs at Obama in an attempt to provoke a response that will undermine his message. If the Obamites do come back with a counterstatement, they'll become the target of even more shrill attacks. The Clinton people will point their fingers and loudly proclaim, "See! Obama isn't about change! He's just about trashing Hillary and the same old politics of personal destruction!"

Hillary has proven herself once again to be 100% Clinton.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:23 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Yes, being black always serves a person well in this country. Had he been white, I'm sure he wouldn't have gone anywhere. I bet being left by his father to be raised by a single mom also opened up a world of opportunities-- just like every young black male raised by a single mom in this country.

Does anyone realize how ridiculous this all sounds? Being black in this country presents a huge, historical disadvantage that can only be surmounted by those with amazing skill and perseverence. The fact that this is even being discussed just shows how out of touch with the reality of race so many of us are.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:33 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Yes, being black always serves a person well in this country. Had he been white, I'm sure he wouldn't have gone anywhere. I bet being left by his father to be raised by a single mom also opened up a world of opportunities-- just like every young black male raised by a single mom in this country.

Does anyone realize how ridiculous this all sounds? Being black in this country presents a huge, historical disadvantage that can only be surmounted by those with amazing skill and perseverence. The fact that this is even being discussed just shows how out of touch with the reality of race so many of us are.
The Clintonistas are becoming increasingly desperate but they're prepared to go as low as necessary to sling stickier and slimier mud to appeal to racist voters in the remaining states.

Not only that, they're trying to paint themselves as nonpolitically correct. Now, I'll agree that political correctness is disgusting. But I also see that Hillary will paint herself in whatever colors she thinks will gain her the tiniest temporary advantage, just to abandon that in favor of the next day's hue-of-the-moment.

http://candorville.com/comicfolder/2007-03-30-chameleon-5.gif (broken link)

Old 03-12-2008, 06:33 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,580 times
Quote:

I think it's neither. Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe the closet racism in your last paragraph is what's keeping more people down than any KKK boogieman hiding behind the corner? We tell Blacks on a daily basis "You won't succeed", "The world is against you", "Success will never find you", "Your dreams are unrealistic". Many White Liberals remind me of the teacher in the beginning of the movie "Malcom X", where he suggests to young Malcom to become a woodworker or something with his hands becuase "Negros" aren't smart enough to go to school.

Obama has just as much experience as Hillary Clinton if not more. The simple truth is people who profess to be tolerant on one hand are really closet racist in another. Notice how the "Blue" states go for Hillary and the "Red" for Obama. Maybe the age of "Blame Whitey" needs to end.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:45 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
The simple truth is people who profess to be tolerant on one hand are really closet racist in another. Notice how the "Blue" states go for Hillary and the "Red" for Obama. Maybe the age of "Blame Whitey" needs to end.
Horrible post. You ignored words of the previous post and grossly oversimplify things. Obama got 90% of the black vote in Mississippi and only 25% of the white. Yes, it's a "red state" that voted for Obama - in the Democratic primary. You somehow want to imply that this means there isn't as much racism in the South because the southern "red states" vote Republican and vote for Obama? Huh?

Old 03-12-2008, 07:05 AM

116 posts, read 436,839 times
Default Of course she is correct (I like her courage)

Geraldine Ferraro is just saying something that most people know to be true. Of course the PC crowd will try to shut her up and the media will not allow a real discussion of the issue because the pundits are afraid to be called a racist in today's politically correct world. Come on people, this is a message board. We do not have to worry what our bosses or friends would think. Admit it everyone knows one of the main reasons Obama is being promoted so hard for the Presidency is he is half black and the media establishment is doing its best to promote multicultualism in our society and he and Tiger Woods are the natural representatives.The most qualified candidate was Joe Biden but he as a mddle aged white guy did not stand a chance.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:32 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:

What about having a stepfather? His mom did marry. And it's not the colour of ones skin, but kids with a single parent have a tough go of it period. And there are plenty of white single moms out there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections