U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 09:41 PM

2,747 posts, read 1,698,073 times

Advertisements

Uh huh. God that's sad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 09:44 PM

26,529 posts, read 24,945,066 times
Good for her. She absolutely has a role to play, especially since she won the popular vote and Trump can't seem to get over about 40% approval.

Haters be damned.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:48 PM

51,634 posts, read 41,596,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Uh huh, but that "toxic candidate" got more ACTUAL votes than your hero. Yeah, I know, electoral college and all that BS, but more PEOPLE plunked down their vote for her than him. You guys better thank your lucky stars that electoral college thing is in play, otherwise, you would be seeing a different President in the WH.

Not bad for a chick with baggage and the Russians working hard to discredit her.
While I would prefer Hillary to be in the WH....your post is a glaring reminder of the cornucopia of excuses and failure to admit to reality post election.

Russians, Popular vote etc. sound nice to you.

However, I remember cheating Bernie, cheating debates and not campaigning hard in swing states thinking she had it in the bag.

Bottom line, she lost to Trump and you're here trying to shine that turd to a bright finish.

The democratic party needs to move forward and Hillary is impediment #1...she's taking the democratic party down like a lead life-preserver.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:50 PM

51,634 posts, read 41,596,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Good for her. She absolutely has a role to play, especially since she won the popular vote and Trump can't seem to get over about 40% approval.

Haters be damned.
What role is that? Forcing out other democrats from challenging her and cheating them in debates?

She's a bigger threat to a good democratic candidate than any Republican.

If another Obama came along today, she'd cannibalize them before they ever got out of the gate.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:50 PM

252 posts, read 92,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Haters be damned.
Remember! The polls told me Hillary was gonna win!

Old 07-08-2017, 10:14 PM

77,870 posts, read 33,233,798 times
The only thing she deserves is to rot in hell.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:01 AM

11,485 posts, read 3,137,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What role is that? Forcing out other democrats from challenging her and cheating them in debates?

She's a bigger threat to a good democratic candidate than any Republican.

If another Obama came along today, she'd cannibalize them before they ever got out of the gate.
Speaking of Obama, scroll down the same page on the link.

There is an absolutely adorable selfie of a baby.

What would make a particular selfie of a baby stand out?

The person holding the baby in the selfie is Obama.

Apparently the mother noticed a man waiting in her line at an airport in Alaska, and thought he looked like Obama. Then she realized it was Obama (he was returning from their vacation in Indonesia). Obama broke the ice, by joking to the father.."I'm taking your baby", before holding the baby.

I soured on Obama as a POTUS during his first term, and I think he's arrogant in a lot of other unrelated ways, but as far as interactions like this/day to day mechanizations of life outside of politics/interacting with the general public (pre POTUS as well with those last two), I've never heard a bad word about him. Pretty much the same with GWB, and Bill to an extent....but certainly not Hillary . Might be one of the things that hurt Hillary. Don using the above to bash Trump in 3...2..1.........on second thought, he might lay off because I didn't flatter Hillary.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:58 AM

71,678 posts, read 83,244,992 times
I really don't think I would wanting her to involved in my campaign unless I had a reason to lose. Yes, she will bring crowds and probably $$ when she speaks but that is where it appears to end.

For those who are still reminding us, she got the popular vote: so true but most of that had to do with CA and NY. So, I guess if you are involved in one of those states you would want her near you, otherwise she isn't not a good campaigner or so it seems. She was a shoe in for the nomination in 2008, but the shoe didn't fit. She had it sewed up we were told by everyone, including 99% of the media. Well they must have sewed it too tight cause she lost in states no one gave Trump of carrying.

I honestly believe her days are numbered. I don't mean her days as in her life, but her political life. Even Bill Bill doesn't have the clout he had a few years ago. They need new fresh voices. That being said, I think at this time whatever the Democrats want to do is worth a try. The time will come back when they, again will have power. That time isn't likely to be next year or maybe not even 2020.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:22 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,447,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Hillary Clinton looks for her role in midterms | TheHill
This sounds like a great idea.. for the GOP. Thoughts?
If her role is behind the scenes, I don't see a problem. She is good behind the scenes. She's just a terrible campaigner.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:24 PM

77,870 posts, read 33,233,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I really don't think I would wanting her to involved in my campaign unless I had a reason to lose. Yes, she will bring crowds and probably $$ when she speaks but that is where it appears to end.
She brought no crowds when she ran for president. Sanders did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or