Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 05:19 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The problem I have is that all of our news about Russian hacking comes from the news and not from government. Our government tells us nothing because they have this information hidden behind the term 'Classified'. If it were a court of law and we tried to present hearsay/unidentified testimony from some news organization; they would laugh us out of court. We have been down this path before with WMD's and bin Laden hiding in Afghanistan and we saw where it took us - thousands of Americans dead and more problems for many years to come. Either our Government has to declassify all pertinent information and let us check their sources or they have to shut up about all of this speculation - they have no choice if they want credibility.

I also have this gut feeling that, even if Russia did try to influence the election, that they did nothing different that what we have been guilty of many times in the past. If we have problems with our voting machines, like the ones we bought from a Soros controlled company; then it might be time to go back to paper ballots!
"The problem I have is that all of our news about Russian hacking comes from the news and not from government"

And how many times do they have to do retractions ( ONLY after they been proven to be lies) and fire people before people STOP believing what they say.

We see it all the time, The NY Times does an anti-Trump story with, "un-named sources"

The rest of the LSM jump on it and each of them repeat what the story claims.

THEN we find out the story is NOT TRUE and the NY Times does a retraction and we NEVER see the other media who ran with the story doing retractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
What do republicants want? They have always been huuuggggeeee fans of investigations that went on for years ; often reopened after complete failure and lack of results. Why is this one so different?

Compared to the Obama and Clinton investigations, this investigation of trump is just getting started. Why the rush to conclude? Hell, the replicants are even trying now to reopen instigations after the Obama administration is long gone. Is this just another reprehensible shell game they are playing - wasting taxpayer money - just to appease their base?
"What do republicants want? They have always been huuuggggeeee fans of investigations that went on for years"

Do you mean like the Valerie Plame "investigation?

Which the dems SCREAMED for A Special Prosecutor ( who do they scream for one when we have a repub President but, NOT when we have dem President? Why didn't the scream for one during the Hilary email scandal, or the IRS Lois Lerner scandals?)

But I digress.

The person who first "exposed Plame's name was Richard Armitage who worked at the State Dept. And the FBI KNEW IT as well as the appointed "Special" prosecutor , who just happened to recommended by a close friend of chuckie shumer's.

That didn't stop the dems.

AFTER 2 YEARS NOT 1 SINGLE PERSON WAS CHARGED WITH "OUTING" HER.

Is this what you mean by "huuuggggeeee fans of investigations that went on for years"

Old 08-04-2017, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Why on earth would you think this is what I meant when I said "we don't know?"

No, like the CIA and FBI. You know, an intelligence agency.

By the way, I do not watch any cable news. I only read newspapers and occasionally listen to the radio.

It's been well reported that Putin is not a fan of Hillary Clinton.

I agree, calling the investigation a witch hunt would indeed be inaccurate.

We have a list of emails sent by Donald Trump's son speaking with a Russian official about getting information on Hillary Clinton. You genuinely find nothing about that alarming? I find that unwise.

Look, there are a lot of independent voters, like myself, who will accept the results of this investigation. Personally, I think there's a decent chance he did exactly what he's been accused. If not, so be it. I have nothing riding on that. My opinion of Trump as a president actually has nothing to do with Russia, so the results will change little for me.

My position is simply been that there has been enough red flags to warrant an investigation. I will trust the system to do the right thing. And if you're right, and it is purely politically motivated, then still nothing will be found. People aren't stupid; if nothing is found, they will know this. Very liberal Democrats will not vote for Trump, but plenty of those in the centers, liberal and conservative alike, will hold opinion of Trump with the evidence or lack thereof from this investigation in mind.
"We have a list of emails sent by Donald Trump's son speaking with a Russian official about getting information on Hillary Clinton. You genuinely find nothing about that alarming?"

No.

Politician campaigns try to get ALL the dirt they can on their opponent.

It doesn't matter WHERE it comes from.

Where did reid get Romney's tax return?

Where did the report about Romney being a bully and beating up some kid while he was in elementary school come from?

Where did maddow get trump's tax returns?

Bill Clinton had the War room to dig up dirt.

Heck, a dem reporter even rented a house next door to Palin tho try to find some dirt on her.

Etc, etc., etc.

If you think the dems DON'T try to dig up all the dirt thy can you are VERY naive.

"It's been well reported that Putin is not a fan of Hillary Clinton."

Hillary has MORE Russian connection with Russia then Trump does.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
How do we know Russia tried to help Trump win?

Is this a serious question?

Just how ignorant are Trump supporters?

I can only surmise that Trump is holding some of the
Trumpers on this board hostage because only
a hostage or someone who has been waterboarded
would continue to argue this foolishness IN PUBLIC.
"Is this a serious question?

Just how ignorant are Trump supporters?"

"People who cast the insult are usually the one's guilty of the insult" as they say.

And "People in glass houses, shouldn't throw rocks"

Old 08-04-2017, 09:23 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"We have a list of emails sent by Donald Trump's son speaking with a Russian official about getting information on Hillary Clinton. You genuinely find nothing about that alarming?"

No.

Politician campaigns try to get ALL the dirt they can on their opponent.

It doesn't matter WHERE it comes from.

Where did reid get Romney's tax return?

Where did the report about Romney being a bully and beating up some kid while he was in elementary school come from?

Where did maddow get trump's tax returns?

Bill Clinton had the War room to dig up dirt.

Heck, a dem reporter even rented a house next door to Palin tho try to find some dirt on her.

Etc, etc., etc.

If you think the dems DON'T try to dig up all the dirt thy can you are VERY naive.

"It's been well reported that Putin is not a fan of Hillary Clinton."

Hillary has MORE Russian connection with Russia then Trump does.
I'll take the easy road on this: specify where I said I think Democrats don't ever do this. If you can't, take back everything you said, assuming you have even an ounce of humility or honor within you.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:03 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
This is a curious investigation that is not investigating a crime, but rather, searching for a crime.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:27 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
They didn't, they tried to help Hillary win with the Kremlin and DNC connected fake dossier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections