Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:45 AM

116 posts, read 436,754 times

Advertisements

Regardless of who you support in the election, you have to believe that the Television and print media, is very bias against Hillary Clinton. Most of their reports on her are very negative. In some cases you have to watch and listen carefully to notice the bias but it is there and very well crafted. I originally supported Obama but now have gone over to Hillary because of the media bias. I think people are being minipulated by the bias and maybe not appreciating how good of candidate Hillary really is. I may vote for Hillary just to fight against media bias towards Obama. Do you see the media bias towards Obama and against Hillary? What impact does it have on voting?

Last edited by politically_correct; 03-13-2008 at 08:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 07:56 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by politically_correct View Post
Regardless of who you support in the election, you have to believe that the media, is very bias against Hillary Clinton. Most of their reports on her are very negative. In some cases you have to watch and listen carefully to notice the bias but it is there and very well crafted. I originally supported Obama but now have gone over to Hillary because of the media bias. I think people are being minipulated by the bias and maybe not appreciating how good of candidate Hillary really is. I may vote for Hillary just to fight against media bias towards Obama. Do you see the media bias towards Obama and against Hillary? What impact does it have on voting?
Interesting.
The media is just another information source, I assume you're watching television. There are many forms of media, only you can make the decision who you will vote for. If the form of media you listen to most is not slanted the direction you like - do some independent research, or change the channel.

Carl Rogers (http://www.wisdomquotes.com/000320.html - broken link): If we value independence, if we are disturbed by the growing conformity of knowledge, of values, of attitudes, which our present system induces, then we may wish to set up conditions of learning which make for uniqueness, for self-direction, and for self-initiated learning.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:02 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,983,376 times
I would hope people would vote on their own deductions based on the debates, but I have a feeling these people are in the minority. So many people are influenced and simply regurgitate what they are told by others.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:14 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,543,599 times
Quote:
Regardless of who you support in the election, you have to believe that the Television and print media, is very bias against Hillary Clinton. Most of their reports on her are very negative. In some cases you have to watch and listen carefully to notice the bias but it is there and very well crafted. I originally supported Obama but now have gone over to Hillary because of the media bias. I think people are being minipulated by the bias and maybe not appreciating how good of candidate Hillary really is. I may vote for Hillary just to fight against media bias towards Obama. Do you see the media bias towards Obama and against Hillary? What impact does it have on voting?
If you would cast a vote for a candidate because you believe that the media covers them unfairly ...

then you have yet to learn how valuable a vote is.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:25 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,495 times
I think it's incredibly dumb to base your vote on the media, whether for or against someone.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:28 PM

413 posts, read 909,378 times
Quote:
No, they are not biased against her any more than they are against Obama. I have no idea where this fallacy originated, but it is wrong. Just about every time I turn on MSNBC, anyone but Olbermann espouses critical rhetoric against Obama and seems to buy the false assumption that Hillary Clinton's time as First Lady counts as experience. Lou Dobbs, Wolf Blitzer, etc. on CNN aren't exactly Obamaniacs either.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:36 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,313,991 times
Quote:
Do you see the media bias towards Obama and against Hillary?
NO! And neither do you or any other Hillary supporter.

Face it, she lost. And Obama beat her fair and square. He had the better campaign, he had the better organization, he better defended his positions.

Hillary got beat by the better candidate. Get over it.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:01 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,361 times
Anyone who thinks the media is against her must have a short memory. Go back year. Even go back a few months and see how her establishment position kept enabled her. Obama and everyone else had everything working against them.

If you want an example of bias, see how the media worships Saint McCain.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:13 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
What if you play the broadcasts backward or read newspapers with a blacklight? Time to just read and compare between them all and try to choose depending on your own values.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:14 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
NO! And neither do you or any other Hillary supporter.

Face it, she lost. And Obama beat her fair and square. He had the better campaign, he had the better organization, he better defended his positions.

Hillary got beat by the better candidate. Get over it.

when did he win??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections