Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for as of today?
Trump 117 52.70%
Warren 105 47.30%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 01:44 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
True, but where is his base of support growing?

Nada
My feeling is that you are wrong again. Look at how many times he shows his support for our troops, police, emergency responders, and even the Scouts. People remember that and they remember the far left supporting the very people that are mocking, or worse, our first responders. Who are you recruiting beside more Antifa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 03:18 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
To the person that rep'd me and said that Trump has no chance of getting elected again after his impeachment, I just want to say "" That is all!

Old 08-28-2017, 03:51 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
moderates dem and moderates rep are for staying in Afghan.....if we cut and run it will have bad consequences that we will deal with it in the future under a bad position.....didn't we learn the lessons of Iraq and leaving too early?

cutting and running is not going to erase the fact that we still have enemies that want our destruction.......if Afghanistan falls then Pakistan is next and they have nukes.
Hmm, where have I heard this line of thinking before cough Cold War cough Domino Theory cough cough

Old 08-28-2017, 04:44 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Hmm, where have I heard this line of thinking before cough Cold War cough Domino Theory cough cough

didn't we win the COLD WAR? Does the Soviet Union exist today?........our former communist enemies are making our shoes and clothes and goods for us at a cheap price.

you think this is this way because we cut and ran during the cold war with no care on the consequences?

Old 08-28-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
didn't we win the COLD WAR? Does the Soviet Union exist today?........our former communist enemies are making our shoes and clothes and goods for us at a cheap price.

you think this is this way because we cut and ran during the cold war with no care on the consequences?
I honestly think we should have never got involved in Korea or Viet Nam in the first place. And I think the US government spent a lot of money on missles and defense that could have gone to better use, like for a National Healthcare System instead of having thousands of ICBMs and military bases in tons of countries

Old 08-28-2017, 05:14 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
I honestly think we should have never got involved in Korea or Viet Nam in the first place. And I think the US government spent a lot of money on missles and defense that could have gone to better use, like for a National Healthcare System instead of having thousands of ICBMs and military bases in tons of countries
Everybody wants to rewrite history. In hindsight you could be right; but we will never know. Events can cascade and the alternative future could go either way. We now trade with Viet Nam and South Korea has enjoyed over half a century of prosperity because of our involvement.

However, if you want to debate going back into Iraq the second time of going into Afghanistan; then I would totally agree. Both have been disasters.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:10 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Yes that minor faux pas on her part would be targeted unmercifully, got anything else on the woman?
she is incompetent

she doesn't care about the middleclass or consumer protection..
if she did she would have made sure fannie/Freddie was in the dodd-frank bill

ELIZABETH WARREN SOLD OUT TO BIG INSURANCE AND FOUGHT AGAINST ASBESTOS VICTIMS.....“She’s Supposed To Be A Consumer Advocate?((((Elizabeth Warren denied that she had worked for Traveler’s Insurance, the nation’s largest insurance company, against asbestos victims....... documents, both the legal briefs Warren filed on behalf of Travelers, and Warren’s financial disclosures showing that she received over $212,000 for her work, tell a different story.)))))

Before retiring, then Senator Christopher J. Dodd (D-Conn.), co-author of the Dodd-Frank regulatory reform bill that created the consumer agency, urged Obama to put somebody else in the job—a vote of no confidence that helps explain rumors that Warren is considering alternative paths, including her run for the Senate. ....... even retired Senator Chriss Dodd thinks she is INCOMPETENT

Old 08-28-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
why did we end up in korea and nam....because of stupid liberals like FDR

both Korea, and Vietnam (and east/west Germany (and berlin in 3)) were foreign policy BLUNDERS from back in 1944-5 with the talks at Yalta... FDR, Churchill, and Stalin all decided to split countries in half....wrong answer

Old 08-28-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why did we end up in korea and nam....because of stupid liberals like FDR

both Korea, and Vietnam (and east/west Germany (and berlin in 3)) were foreign policy BLUNDERS from back in 1944-5 with the talks at Yalta... FDR, Churchill, and Stalin all decided to split countries in half....wrong answer
With the assistance that the USSR gave us in defeating the Third Reich, there might have been an actual shooting war with the Soviets if there hadn't been some negotiation.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
With the assistance that the USSR gave us in defeating the Third Reich, there might have been an actual shooting war with the Soviets if there hadn't been some negotiation.
ok..then instead of stupidly splitting countries in half (which we should have looked back 80 years to see what happens) they could have easily said.."you guys get this former japan possession, we get this one"

it was stupid to split countries in half or thirds

by splitting them,, we got the Korean war, the Vietnam war, and the berlin wall....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections