U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 06:09 AM

2,667 posts, read 972,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lol. I love these threads predicting politics and gloom and doom. People do this to reinforce their own sense of insecurity and what might happen with their own party.

Were you guys not born in 1991 or just too young to remember? In 1991, George H. Bush had super high approval ratings and it was thought that no Dem could run against him and win--everyone was intimidated. The Dems were kind of a joke. The front runners were Mario Cuomo and Bill Bradley and I think Harkins was around.

Along came Ross Perot and then Bill Clinton emerged in the spring of 1992. The rest is history.

You guys knock yourself out with your 'predictions.' It is very entertaining.
Exactly, are people forgetting 2012, when everyone was talkin' about how the Republicans were in serious trouble?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 06:32 AM

419 posts, read 252,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
B) There is an enormous law of unintended consequences going on there that that no one wants to talk about. In Cali, the bathrooms are all supposed to be unisex now, and there are places that I do not even take my wife and mom since the bathrooms are now so univerally filthy from men pissing all over the toilet seats and worse. What is more, I don't want men to be in the bathrooms with them, even if they are pretending to be women.
I thought that law applied only to single-occupancy bathrooms (where the concern of someone who is the opposite gender going at the same time in there is irrelevant), and that multi-stall bathrooms can continue to be gendered.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:54 AM

4,677 posts, read 4,803,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
It still hasn't sunk in with them that voters are rejecting the Democrats' message. They think this is happening because certain people are racist/sexist. They still don't see themselves as the problem.
But Hillary won the popular vote! /s

Old 08-25-2017, 07:01 AM

4,677 posts, read 4,803,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyXY View Post
I thought that law applied only to single-occupancy bathrooms (where the concern of someone who is the opposite gender going at the same time in there is irrelevant), and that multi-stall bathrooms can continue to be gendered.
There's two laws, one for all single-occupancy bathrooms (AB 1732), and the other for all government owned restrooms and locker rooms (AB 1266).

Old 08-25-2017, 07:15 AM

6,311 posts, read 3,321,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
It still hasn't sunk in with them that voters are rejecting the Democrats' message. They think this is happening because certain people are racist/sexist. They still don't see themselves as the problem.
Exactly.
And in the mean time, a significant part of democrats are becoming terrorists, and no Dem leaders are speaking out about it.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:47 PM

23,226 posts, read 11,479,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can't address the needs of the .05% and expect to win. You can address the needs of the majority and include the .05% and win.
Democrats do, but you seem to only care about the fact that they take the time to mention the 0.05% and that is the problem

A couple of people from your progressive side of the party have even pointed this out like Cornel West and Marc Lamount Hill.

People of color and LGBT people are told to shut up and take the scraps when the Progressives are in charge because straight white people dont want to hear about any of that, even when 99% of the platform is about them.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
an economic issue of the .0001%.

That loses far, far, far more votes amongst 99.9999% who understand their concerns are ignored.

Had Democrats focused on overall economic issues, w/o regard to he .0001%, they might have won.

A rising tide lifts all boats, and must be the sole economic focus. Not who sits where.
As I have said before, that is flawed logic .

The actually comparison would be a rising tide and you telling LGBT and black people to wait for the next boat.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:51 PM

18,662 posts, read 7,254,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As I have said before, that is flawed logic .

The actually comparison would be a rising tide and you telling LGBT and black people to wait for the next boat.
wrong. Simply not give them first in on the boat as special treatment

Old 08-25-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
wrong. Simply not give them first in on the boat as special treatment

im not talking about affirmative action here, so this isnt about being first on the boat. We are talking about equal opportunity for a job, and many people saying they dont hire blacks/mexicans or gays.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:12 PM

22,094 posts, read 9,386,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
But that's what you do.
Go back and read your own posts where you have consistently forecast gloom and doom and pointed to Trump as the cause.

You are not amused. You are panicked. NOTHING has worked out the way you said it would.

i.e. Who's the President?
But Trump has, in fact, caused many problems--the implications of which the country will feel for years. He has incited violence and brought embarrassment and disgrace to the office he pretends to occupy as well as to the country. His approval is sliding downhill and he has only lost support since January, or haven't you noticed?

Who is the president? Beats me--whoever is telling Trump what to think this week. We've never had a president with such a lack of morals, belief or knowledge.

I have seen nobody acting like a president since January--just a childish hateful, and unfortunately ignorant, megalomaniac who thinks only of himself and is propped up by a small minority of the country.

To many he is a so-called president who acts like a pathetic comedian.

Panicked? Why would I be panicked? I need nothing from the pathetic orange buffoon. It is sad he cannot provide the leadership some in the country would like, but I don't really care about him. He provides great comedy. Nothing more.

And, btw, he just pardoned a disgusting criminal scumbag. Add that to Trump's extremely pathetic non-legacy. Sad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections